Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693302 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Unless they actually did anything besides being drunk, that is kind of a messed up thing to do.

Though given that this is frat row right after finals, I'm guessing that they did, in fact, do something.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's indeed kind of messed up, but declaring it illegal to arrest them because they were breaking the law in a particular place at a particular time is pretty naive.

(I don't know enough of the story to say any more, but given that this was in Berkeley and I've walked around with a very, very drunk friend publicly in front of cops on quiet nights without anything more but a slowdown, I'm guessing they did something)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

They were extremely drunk at the time of this decision. Not really naive so much as drunk logic.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

http://boingboing.net/2013/05/26/us-entertainment-industry-to-c.html

Basically the entertainment industry wants the right to put malware on everyone computer so that they can lock up your hardware, essentially getting permission to violate every hacking and computer fraud law in existence and stealing ownership of every computer in the world and getting around all privacy, self incrimination and property rights of everyone everywhere.
GGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA
* Xantalos seals up the hole Da_Nang made
Not yet, man. Not yet. If a SOPA equivalent ever passes, feel free.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They were extremely drunk at the time of this decision. Not really naive so much as drunk logic.

True, that makes sense.

I'm additionally rageful because I just had to repierce an ear (closed up after being earring-free for about five days, with the ear pierced for slightly less than a year!  Good job, regenerative habits) and it's bleeding all over the place.  Don't mind me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

http://boingboing.net/2013/05/26/us-entertainment-industry-to-c.html

Basically the entertainment industry wants the right to put malware on everyone computer so that they can lock up your hardware, essentially getting permission to violate every hacking and computer fraud law in existence and stealing ownership of every computer in the world and getting around all privacy, self incrimination and property rights of everyone everywhere.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

YES

LET'S DO THIS

WE BRAVE NEW WORLD NOW

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I always appreciate it when the entertainment industry tips its hand like this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

I love how they think that implementing that would stop pirates and not, instead, drive their profits further down.
It's like they're some sort of revenge-fueled ex-cop. "They killed my partner, now I'm gonna do whatever it takes to bring them justice. With or without the law."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's probably more akin to "They smoked weed near my partner, now I'm going to torture them for revenge, with or without the law.".
No Gods, No Masters.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

It's probably more akin to "They smoked weed near my partner, now I'm going to torture them for revenge, with or without the law.".
Nah, more like 'They smoked weed near my partner, so now I'm going to open fire into this large crowd that they may or may not be in'
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heyyoueverbeendraggedtothesidewalkandbeatentillyou *gaspforair* PISS! BLOOOOOOOOOOD?!
Sig! Onol

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

More sentences need to end with "with or without the law!"

"Hon, I'm going to the grocery store."

*dramatic look over the shoulder*

"With or without the law."

--

"Hey can you take this to the post office."

"Yeah, I can do that. *steely gaze* With or without the law."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you ever been dragged to the sidewalk and beaten until you PISS BLOOOOOOD with or without the law?

YOU BETRAYED THE LAW ... WITH OR WITHOUT THE LAW

I AM THE LAW ... WITH OR WITHOUT THE LAW

YOU SHALL NOT PASS
WITH OR WITHOUT THE LAW
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

YOU KILLED HIS BEES WITHOUT THE LAW
SAVE THE BEES BASED PUTIN
GOD DAMMIT OBAMA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH
BANANA REPUBLIC: ALL CAPS CORPORATE GOVERNMENTALOO

In all seriousness though, what in God's name is going on in freedomland?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

In all seriousness though, what in God's name is going on in freedomland?
... money, honey.

Seriously, it's one of those things you really have to keep reminding yourself when dealing with the states. For all that we harp on freedom and whatnot, this was a country founded for the money. That was our first colony, that was most of our colonies, we fought a war of independence over goddamn taxation, have destabilized nations and murdered innocents in the name of profit, etc., so forth, so on. We have always and nearly entirely been about the greenbacks. If you want to find out why something's happening in this country, track the cash flow and you'll probably have your bloody answer.

In this case, hey, Monsanto. There's most of your answer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 3345