Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. OoC thread.  (Read 14052 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Interest Check.
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 03:45:37 am »

1:
Quote from: The Resources System, page 364 of Core
Items in Exalted do not generally have a value in game-world money attached to them. Instead, they are rated with the number of dots in Resources a character must possess in order to purchase them. Of course, the character is paying in Realm jade, Guild silver dinars or paper scrip, but most players don’t enjoy painstakinglykeeping track of every jade bit that changes hands.
An item with a Resources cost lower than the character’s Resources is an out-of-pocket expense. Within reason, the character can purchase as many of the items as she wants without a strain on her purse.
An item with a cost equal to the character’s Resources is a serious expense. When she buys it, she lowers her Resources rating by one dot until it is increased through roleplaying.
An item with a cost greater than the character’s Resources is too expensive for her.

And yes. Javelins aren't really worth the cost given, though, and are actually pretty terrible weapons. Well, Thrown in general is pretty weak if you use the weapons in Core.

2: Scavenger Lands. It's sort of like the Silk Road in our world, as it's a sort of melting pot of cultures, but with more anthropomorphic spirits, zombies, and giant robot suits.

3: You get five purchases of Ox-Body. You can't buy any more, though. They only way to get more copies of Ox-Body is to increase your Stamina further, something you won't be doing until you hit essence 6.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 12:27:02 pm »

1:
Quote from: The Resources System, page 364 of Core
Items in Exalted do not generally have a value in game-world money attached to them. Instead, they are rated with the number of dots in Resources a character must possess in order to purchase them. Of course, the character is paying in Realm jade, Guild silver dinars or paper scrip, but most players don’t enjoy painstakinglykeeping track of every jade bit that changes hands.
An item with a Resources cost lower than the character’s Resources is an out-of-pocket expense. Within reason, the character can purchase as many of the items as she wants without a strain on her purse.
An item with a cost equal to the character’s Resources is a serious expense. When she buys it, she lowers her Resources rating by one dot until it is increased through roleplaying.
An item with a cost greater than the character’s Resources is too expensive for her.

And yes. Javelins aren't really worth the cost given, though, and are actually pretty terrible weapons. Well, Thrown in general is pretty weak if you use the weapons in Core.

2: Scavenger Lands. It's sort of like the Silk Road in our world, as it's a sort of melting pot of cultures, but with more anthropomorphic spirits, zombies, and giant robot suits.

3: You get five purchases of Ox-Body. You can't buy any more, though. They only way to get more copies of Ox-Body is to increase your Stamina further, something you won't be doing until you hit essence 6.

Thrown's not horrible. The thrown WEAPONS are horrible. Thrown's real strength lies in picking up building sized chunks of scenery and leaving people with worse Feat Of Strength Checks than you pinned and helpless under the rubble. Of course this has it's own difficulties (chunks of scenery being improvised weapons and having a minimum of -3 to accuracy among them) though these can be overcome (a few athletics charms and specialties in improvised weapons).

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 01:08:20 pm »

Um, yes? That's what I said, Gray.

Thrown in general is pretty weak if you use the weapons in Core.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 01:46:11 pm »

I should have my character sheet up soon, but in the meantime: Akigagak, your avatar is an abomination against all that is good in the world. Or it is awesome incarnate. I'm not sure which.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 01:50:22 pm »

I should have my character sheet up soon, but in the meantime: Akigagak, your avatar is an abomination against all that is good in the world. Or it is awesome incarnate. I'm not sure which.
Both, perhaps?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 03:10:12 pm »

I'll have my character up "soon." Everything looked so good, it's hard to choose. :'(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »

Yeah, I know what you mean. That's part of the reason why it's a good idea to have a firm concept in mind before you start going through the Charms.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2010, 04:32:49 pm »

Or a good dartboard.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:58 pm »

So, how are you all doing? Any things you want to ask about or request? (Such as any homebrew)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2010, 07:27:22 pm »

Oh yeah, almost forgot: How do manse's and hearthstones work? Do you get a hearthstone of the manse's level free along with it, or is it something separate?

I'm mostly done with my character, just need to figure out where to spend my background points.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2010, 07:33:51 pm »

Yep, Manse gives you a hearthstone of equal level. One of the Books of Sorcery goes into more detail on the construction of manses, and for using the background for something other than a hearthstone.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 08:01:25 pm »

It's in that weird spot where I'm almost done, but there's a handful of vital interconnected details I still need to figure out, like what weapon I'm going to wield. I think my charms and abilities are set, but it's hard to say.

Oh, question on combos: Charms that are "specifically allowed to supplement actions of other Abilities" can be included in combos with appropriate charms of the ability you're modifying, right? I'm not starting with any combos, but it's hard to not get ideas for later.

Secondly, any idea what rate we'll be gaining experience at? I know this is kind of an open-ended question, since we don't even know what rate we'll be playing at, but if you have any wild estimates or goals, I'd be interested to hear them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2010, 08:17:44 pm »

Any charms can be included in a combo, if they follow the rules. If a moment comes up between the time when you activate the combo, and your next action, and a charm in the combo can effect it, then that charm can be used.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 08:51:57 pm »

Alright, I think this is all done. Also, the charms are all kinds of awesome. Literally, pick a kind of awesome and there will be one that covers it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I now know that this was a reference to exalted. Apparently I wasn't too far off with this:
A glory-seeking Solar warrior armed with a BFS, valorous to the extreme, and capable of parrying anything he damn well feels like. So far, he's parried a torrent of molten copper so hard that it went back to the source and broke it.
So you made Fighter? Can you prevent falling damage by blocking the earth?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2010, 09:59:40 pm »

Alright, I think this is all done. Also, the charms are all kinds of awesome. Literally, pick a kind of awesome and there will be one that covers it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You haven't spent any of your 15 bonus points. The costs are at the end of the character creation section, page 85. Just before Jade (The archer) destroys a bug thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9