Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition  (Read 31233 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2010, 07:46:01 pm »

Just for the record, you can add "The Basement Kitty Meowment" to the list for the Armok coalition.

For more info, visit the coalition forum, since I'm now recruiting.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2010, 12:47:06 am »

Emperor: Galactic Exploration Power
Leader: AnotherPlayer (me)

Note im not on the empire list just as of yet (still worried about announceing my location to the galaxy, waiting to colonise a couple more systems first) but in a day or so I will be.

The Flag (quick photoshop):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
race:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish to help out the coalition in any way possible, but it is lots of fun making your own empire (the reason I diddnt join another). Only tech1 because of being new but I have one (without wormhole drive  :'( ) spaceship.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2010, 03:22:47 am »

Hey, I just found this, I think I'm going to be playing, I've even made a flag (64x64 as the manual specified)
I've played a guitar with my penis.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2010, 03:18:35 pm »

It might be best for you to join an existing empire. We have a dozen or more B12 empires already...
Check out this forum, we've been trying (sort of) to get organized...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2010, 10:18:24 am »

I've been following these threads since they started, never posted anything. Started playing when I first read the first thread, but made my own empire and just did my own thing. But with tensions rising I feel that staying solo like this won't do me any good really. I'm not asking to be in the Coalition, especially since none of you have any proof that I started from B12; just saying that my empire (Tymas) and the couple people in it are friendly, willing to trade with those who don't do us harm, and if hell breaks lose, I'd be willing to help out how I can. I live in Iocaine Gas, so anyone from the coalition near me (Lennin from Oceania found me already) can come by if they want.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

Disaster!

• Bay Watcher
  • Criminal Scum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2010, 11:29:19 am »

It seems clear to me that you are a B12er from your posting history, Creodor.

I think we need some Coalition managers to accept people into the coalition. I added a few empires into the forums based on their posts here but without any kind of approval.
At some time in the future, the civilisation generator will acheive the complexity for self-awareness and independent thought.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2010, 12:42:20 pm »

I think we need some Coalition managers to accept people into the coalition. I added a few empires into the forums based on their posts here but without any kind of approval.

Why not pick 6(?) people to be a committee of some sort, each spot would have a different criteria (Founding member of coalition, member with highest TL, member with highest population, one chosen by popular vote, etc.) but they would all have equal say.0

To join you just need to be a Bay12'er and ask one of those guys, just one guy says yes and you're in, but if you need to kick someone out you'd need a majority vote (4 vs 2).

That would reduce bureaucracy for joining, and would make it a bit more difficult to remove a guy.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2010, 10:51:36 pm »

The Free Men of Dyson is now a TL5 empire, and I too would like to get in on the coalition. My home sector Saturn IV, with outlieing colonies in Iocaine Gas.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2010, 06:01:03 am »

Jeez... just realized I need to update...

DAMN YOU BAY12! I'm still watching this thread; why didn't you send me emails?!

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2010, 06:07:23 pm »

hey alehkhs do you still play? you never seem to be on lately

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2010, 08:15:56 pm »

Indeed, my time has been little as of late, but I'm still around.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2010, 10:58:32 pm »

My empire has 2 people actively playing, though one prefers flying space-ships trading, and doesn't really contribute to planetary growth. We're at TL 7 now, but more and more I'm feeling the urge to see what it's like just playing a part in another empire. Not so much to the exclusion of my current empire, but as something I can do alongside it.

Ideally I'd rather join a smaller empire, where I could immediately contribute in a worthwhile way to the empire's growth. But to be honest, the only real requirement I have is knowing what policies the empire has, specifically regarding forming new cities and on which planets this is possible, etc.

Would any of the governing officials in the established B12 empires mind posting an update on their active players, and their various policies regarding expansion? Ideally I would like a situation where it isn't expected that each person own their own planet, and isn't considered rude to start a city on an established world (assuming it isn't already nearing overpopulation). I'm not one to expect my own sector, and even a solar system might be a bit much. I'd be happy just being a city governor, on a large world. It isn't to say I wouldn't enjoy expanding after a time, but that I don't have an especially keen sense of "This is my space. That is your space. Space that is mine must never appear to be yours. EVER." Certainly I don't feel the need to stake my claim to an entire planet from the onset.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:19:22 am by Cernunnos »

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2010, 11:37:56 am »

I discussed it with the other person in my empire who I can get in contact with, and have decided that if it's ok, I'd like to join the Coalition. It'd be nice to have people to talk to and to work together with. Also, I'm not sure what everyone's empire is at, but I have TL 12 production ability currently, and am well on my why to 13, with some items as high as 18 or 19, which would hopefully aid the Coalition somewhat. I imagine I'll be teching up pretty often too, as I have an 8 level university for each major tech.

Homeworld is Lorna Beta VI, but the capital is currently on Lorna Beta IV, city New Lorna. Located on the edge of Iocaine Gas Sector, and I have 20 colonies spread across 7 systems and 2 sectors.
Empire name is Tymas
Leader is Creodor
There are 7 members, but only 2 of us seem to be reasonably active. I'm on all the time, personally.
Population is roughly 14000 right now, but due to increase soon.
It's a dictatorship, just because that's easiest to manage. I confer with my members regarding any major changes, however.

My home system has access to every single material resource, including the ones with no use yet. My cryozine is complete crap though, Q57, which is why I have an extra-solar cryozine harvesting base. I get roughly Q160 from there, although slowly. All of my other resources are 150+, with most of the core resources being near or over 200. Currently working to increase my production output of everything, and to get rid of all the low quality materials that I can.
Other than cleaning up production lines, Tymas is attempting to expand, although it's slow going with so much to maintain already.
We're more than happy to trade technology and materials with those who don't attempt to do us harm, and our aim is primarily expansion and exploration. We will not declare war on anyone unless pressed to do so. I will aid my allies in any way possible, including fighting, and will defend my own territories with everything I'm able to bring to bear.
Free Game List

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2010, 11:38:46 pm »

the Starborn Dominion is still going. Most of our guys are inactive other than me and TNT (I'm not sure what his name on these forums is, I just talk to him in IRC as TNT). Still get occasional pop ins of other folks who are semi-active, but its mostly just us two.

TL is at 28 overall, with 32 in universities thanks to some recent breakthroughs. The new resource quality/TL change has put me into a bit of a tight spot on actually using the high tech though. Current capital system has access to Q232+ on most basic resources (ore, oil, crystals, minerals), but I'm going to have to find a source of high quality cryozine and ioplasma since the current supply is only around 100. Been intending on scouting my area for the past few days but been unable due to a mix of the game being down and my ISP being offline when the game is actually working lol...
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2010, 12:29:03 am »

How on earth did you get your TL so high already? That's insanity. Unless you've been playing for longer than this thread's been up...or bought tech somewhere, of course.
Free Game List

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13