Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 371751 times)

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile

Aye, that's what I've never seen.  The topmost level of my walls is always fortifications and it's never been crenulated like that.  It's odd

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a missing face up there? That is, is the mesh hanging open, or is it closed off? If there's a floor there, then it's not detecting a constructed fortification...

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The wall running along the edge there is entirely fortifications.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, did you pave a floor over top of your fortifications? If you did, it won't draw the blocks either.

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing on top of them aside from the free floor that comes with every wall.  I'm not complaining or trying to be critical, just curious; I'd love to get those crenulations. :)

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing is, constructed fortifications don't have floors above them (Note that constructed fortifications do not have walkable floors above them, while carved fortifications do. - magmawiki). The blocked top is there as a placeholder to seal off the opening until I design better fortifications. My embark with constructed fortifications still has the blocky top in it with the latest DF/Overseer, so nothing changed there...

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OH!  I understand, nevermind then.  I don't know why I assumed that free floor didn't count.  Sorry for wasting your time :)

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's cool. I'll need to get fortifications looking alright for the fluids update, since it has to be feasible for the fluids to flow through them. So better fortifications should be in the next release  ;D

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

oo, can you add a linux version to the dffd?  :o

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check back tomorrow. Tonight's kinda busy but I should be able to get a Linux build working tomorrow afternoon.

Sexy Mustard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screen Shots!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey everyone SexyMustard here with some screenshots to remind everyone how pretty Overseer can be and is! but I need some feedback on the textures, are there any materials that you want me to get to? Because frankly I am essentially doing them by random, are there any textures you have seen that are just so ugly i should completely re-do them? essentially what do you think I should do to make overseer more pretty? Also one of the screenshots included the raw adamantine texture, what do you think of my interpretation, think I should do it another way?

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Memory.xml for 31.15!

Fluid framework is down, release sometime this week. My linux is acting up on me so I'm going to have to mess with it to get it to work. If not tonight, then definitely tomorrow (sorry about that!)

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using a memory.xml as per the post below allowed me to use Overseer with 31.16.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58809.msg1622209#msg1622209

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm reminded strongly of Minecraft. This is not a bad thing.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering Minecraft was inspired in part by DF, and some people have compared it to a single player single dwarf DF, it's not much of a jump to say that :P (Minecraft is what prompted me to come back and give DF another shot, actually)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53