Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Is this normal? Human town with 100s of humans  (Read 6975 times)

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is this normal? Human town with 100s of humans
« on: August 18, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »

I've only recently started fooling around in adventure mode, and I decided to stop into a human town.  I hit the button to enter the town, and nothing happens.  I keep hitting it, and about a minute later it loads.  This is what I encounter:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this normal?  None of the other settlements seem to have this many people, and it's pretty much unplayable.  Getting around town is like navigating a maze (an obscenely laggy one at that).  I apologize if this is a known issue, but none of my search results turned up anything.  I don't have any mods or anything goofy going on that I can think of.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:11:03 pm by Sir Finkus »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 07:01:23 pm »

..........Hm? Oh, sorry....I was lost in a battle royale fantasy involving a human army.

Wow, that is rather strange, maybe the humans got unto a war with somebody and all their neighbouring towns got pillaged and burned down resulting in a mass refugee arrivals.

Check your legends for more info...(Burn it! Burn it all down! Burn it! Burn'em all!)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:26 pm »

D:

What. Happened there?

Are they all peasants? I believe majority of them are the sea-green of the lower classes. It's either a massive influx of immigration, or this is the middle of a war.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »

..........Hm? Oh, sorry....I was lost in a battle royale fantasy involving a human army.

Wow, that is rather strange, maybe the humans got unto a war with somebody and all their neighbouring towns got pillaged and burned down resulting in a mass refugee arrivals.

Check your legends for more info...(Burn it! Burn it all down! Burn it! Burn'em all!)
Hmm, that's a thought.  I just wish I wasn't a fresh adventurer so I could start bashing heads.

D:

What. Happened there?

Are they all peasants? I believe majority of them are the sea-green of the lower classes. It's either a massive influx of immigration, or this is the middle of a war.
I'd say a good 95% of them are.  I can post the save if you'd like.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 07:07:14 pm »

That would be nice.

Also, just find a tree and (g) to set it on fire. With them being that tightly packed, there's no doubt that they'll all die horribly within the day.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 07:13:03 pm »

That would be nice.

Also, just find a tree and (g) to set it on fire. With them being that tightly packed, there's no doubt that they'll all die horribly within the day.
Thing is, I'd really like to do something more badass like buy a battle axe and cut a path through them.  They're just begging for it.

Save

edit: Hmm, you guys may be right.  I've checked out quite a few of the human towns and they all look like they've been razed.  Something horrible must have happened to them during worldgen.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:29:08 pm by Sir Finkus »

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 09:27:50 pm »

That is one of the most amazing things I have seen in adventure mode.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 09:33:33 pm »

Oh dang. I'm trying to carve a path, but my rig can't handle it. So cool.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52:45 pm »

That is one of the most amazing things I have seen in adventure mode.
I'm going to try and embark on it and collapse the entire town. 

It took like 5 minutes to load, fps at embark: 12.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:04:32 pm by Sir Finkus »

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 10:10:30 pm »

I wish you the best of luck on this undertaking.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this normal? Human town with 100s of humans
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 10:49:51 pm »

That is awesome, going to see if I can run it. :D
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 11:21:03 pm »

I counted the number of humans and got
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How many is this in terms of typical human populations?  I'm not really too much of a legends nerd so I don't know.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 11:25:15 pm »

for a civ that's horribly losing a war, yeah, I expect thats all of them.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »

I have a large civ that takes up the entire tropical section of the map on one of my worlds and their total population is about that much.  So it seems to me to be the whole civ.

It also seems to me to be a perfect opportunity for some massive scale KiwM
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 12:02:17 am »

You should unleash the FUN on them. Because the only thing worse than the impending doom of losing their war is having FUN show up in their last town due to some jerkass genius dwarven enginering.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4