Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: UnitedGate: Needs some Players: Year 7 (0.31.12)  (Read 18470 times)

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
Re: UnitedGate: An Infrequently Updated Journal (0.31.12)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 06:02:54 pm »

Year by Year succession seems fine to me. I think what you could do is at the end of each players turn give out a few of the skilled dwarfs to players in line. that way someone who signs up also has another reason to keep track of the topic. (and no purposely killing off named dwarfs lol unless the turned mood and ask for impossible items.)

EDIT: also is the wood worker just a wood worker? or some wood cutting if so i hope he got a point in Axe dwarf sense he will be outside a lot.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:08:24 pm by Kregoth »
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnitedGate: An Infrequently Updated Journal (0.31.12)
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 06:12:48 pm »

x2 Miner + Swimming (I tend to do a lot of water-work so I end up doing this combo)
x1 Woodcutter + Woodworker
x1 Mechanic + Architect
x1 Brewer + Grower
x1 Mason + Engraver
x1 Appraiser + Judge of Intent + medical skills.

Shall we do inheritance in order of dwarf claiming?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:14:28 pm by Opirian »
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnitedGate: A Dysfunctional Succession Fort (0.31.12)
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 06:52:11 pm »

Journal of Shorast Gatelight: 24th of Malachite - 1051 - Mid Summer

This journal entry is of little importance, but it is my job to write down even the small things.
This past month some more digging has been done, some space for workshops has been dug out as well as the rooms for my 6 brethren. Following the digging we decided to renovate the dorms for any migrants that have yet to have a room dug out or constructed for them. We have also squared out the dining room to allow for more tables and chairs, hopefully after all this is done I can get a proper office in which to write these journals.

Supplemental Entry:
It seems some migrants arrived from the king, much earlier than expected, however I shall take this as an omen and proceed to write their names and professions down.

Rovod Sakzulmedtob - Bowyer
Kel Bomrekbasen - Woodcutter

Logem Etesrovod - Animal Dissector
Zon Athellolok - Gem Cutter
Zaneg Athelzeg - Butcher
Nish Zagathel - Tanner
Erush Lertethzefon - Lye Maker

A couple of them will be helpful right away, hopefully the others will be useful in time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 07:44:41 pm »

Not sure if everyone who named a dwarf was planning on playing or just watching so that up to them I am fine with the order at which they where picked or even claiming a position after words.

If the latter I am willing to take on position 3 or 4. if not im happy taking 7th :)
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 08:25:12 pm »

I am happy with that arrangement :D so, if the other people above me dont want to, that means i am first so far ;) and number seven, you are number two until further notice :P (my time will be spent farming, farming, cooking, brewing, farming, expanding farms, brewing, cooking, processing plants, butchering, farming, fishing, and cooking  :P )

oh! that and making traps...lots of traps...i will leave military to someone else.  I am -just- barely starting to get a fingerhold on that...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 09:06:11 pm »

boohoo number 2 lol thats fine.. OP you may want to PM the other dwarfs and ask them if they wish to give leadership of UnitedGate a try. if no replies from them before Xenos turn is up i'll be next :)

Edit: fixed which to wish lol dyslexic moment   :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:50:23 pm by Kregoth »

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 10:23:58 pm »

I shall get right on the messaging, after food

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 11:04:11 pm »

:o as an added bonus during each players turn we could have the player ask what they want us to do with our dwarves. like add hunting job to my dwarf :) lol i just know that my guy will be the first to die... Example "I need to cut there trees down so we can make more beds for our migrants"..."Hey why the draw bridge retracted? oh hey cute little greens guy what are you doing here?.... AAahhHhhH omg stop hacking my leg off"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:06:44 pm by Kregoth »

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 11:37:27 pm »

well, your dorf wont die on my watch...it is the masons who die when i play...because i love magma so very much...and creating magma cisters via smoothing+engraving=lots of dead masons...but yeah, when i play i get to about 8k food before the second fall :D so be prepared for lots of prepared meals! and does anyone have a dwarf therapist that works on .12?  i do not believe mine like .12...
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 12:02:21 am »

follow direction on the link http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2822 and works just fine.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 12:50:44 am »

hmmm...i must have downloaded right before a .12 update to dt...anyway i will do that tomorrow, i need sleep now.
[DWARFINEERING]

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 04:24:36 pm »

Journal of Shorast Gatelight: 5th of Sandstone - 1051 - Mid-Autumn

This is one of the smaller entries of the fort: A tunnel has been dug to the river from the dining room, it seems the intent was to build a well in case of the unfortunate happening of our water supply being cut off. We have also moved our rough gem storage downstairs as to allow for the storage of mugs that we will be trading to mountain home... why my fellow dwarves have decided on mugs I do not know.

It seem we also have had 3 migrants arrive, more information below.

Kosoth Lolumuzol - Lye Maker
Iteb Lorbamostar - Woodworker
Zuglar Itonrikkir - Peasant

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »

oh! opi, how goes the pm'ing of the other named dorfs?  Just so i know when i can work my turn into my schedule w/college and my job.  I am excited, this will be my first succession game.  Where should i upload the save?  DFFD?
[DWARFINEERING]

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 07:22:20 pm »

might as well just as the rest of the forum if they want a turn as well.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »

I got confirms from Rex and analog...

and yes we'll just use DFFD

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13