Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: UnitedGate: Needs some Players: Year 7 (0.31.12)  (Read 18476 times)

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
Re: UnitedGate: A Dysfunctional Succession Fort: Year 4 (0.31.12)
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2010, 12:49:43 pm »

No it a siege and there are 15 cross bowers out there so I cant bum rush them. and as far as going under neath them I have a plan cooked up.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2010, 03:09:00 pm »

AUTUMN Dream?

1st of Limestone
The engraver was able to outrun the Goblins and quickly began to head back safely inside our walls. But wouldn't you know it he ran right into another group of ambushers. no more then 100 feet from safety. Looks like I'll have more deaths on my hands, more blood damn those pesky green skins for causing so much trouble.

With luck the engraver was finally able to get away and back inside without a scratch on him. as the goblins attempted to get inside they where quickly captured in our many cage traps. I may have lost a few dwarf today but we could have lost more if the military wasn't able to slow down the goblins enough to get our civilians back inside. I just hope no one of grave importance was lost.

As I turned to look at the goblins again I noticed they where all attempting to stab something laying on the ground. It was Thedude somehow he was able to take on 9 of the goblins while the engraver was running around.

thatdude was battling the entire goblin ambush squad. Attempting to sleep in the middle of them as well.

And all while heavily wounded

22nd of Limestone
The battle is still raging on with Thatdude. He will not die despite his heavy wounds, bleeding, and several lost limbs. I Can't send the rest of my men out to help. I am unsure of what to do.

During the turn of Goblin stab fest of failure. A dwarf went fey on us and claimed a clothiers shop

I decided to lift the burrow restriction for a little hoping our stupid citizens wont go doing something while goblins are out and about. I am almost tempted to send the rest of the recruits out to try and save the sorry guy being stabbed repeatably. I stop to confer with my previous leaders to make a decision.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:29:13 am by Kregoth »
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2010, 05:15:42 pm »

figured I would mark this in a new post. To let you know there where two separate battles with Thatdude. one before the game crashed on me and the one you see in the post now.

don't ask why the game crashed I do not know it just closed. Luckily I do seasonal auto saving. Your battle was so long that i actually lifted the burrow restrictions until you died. was quiet epic.

I am in the process of modifying the post so it reflects the new turn of events. You where in the end sleeping with 9 goblins poking you unable to get past your adamantine until you bleed to death.
Alright all what should i do? should i see if he can be saved? and send many recruit to the most likely out come of death and see if we can recover Thatdude?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:57:49 pm by Kregoth »

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2010, 06:53:29 pm »

Alright all what should i do? should i see if he can be saved? and send many recruit to the most likely out come of death and see if we can recover Thatdude?
Should I?

Most likely he will bleed out, but he been trying to rest with a group of goblins for 3 weeks now. So maybe he can survive I have a hospital being built as we speak just no soap. So take a vote save him or wait till he bleeds to death?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:53:40 pm by Kregoth »

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2010, 10:48:27 pm »

Save him...We dont want to kill of forum dorfs...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2010, 11:06:45 pm »

Save him...We dont want to kill of forum dorfs...

Ok I will do my best. but i can not guarantee anything... hopefully The recruits can save him.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2010, 11:30:50 pm »

AUTUMN

In a brave attempt to save the poor suffering dwarf. I sent out a small group of recruits to try and kill the goblins... But they seem to be having trouble follow orders. Some are trying to get equipment another is attempting to attack a group of monkeys, and the others are not quite doing much at all they seem to be to scared to approach the group. 3 recruits brave the large group of goblins but 2 are quickly struck down and another has his upper left arm chopped off who then runs off scared of the goblins crude strength. For such vile creatures to easily dispatch the arm of a dwarf how is it that they have yet to effectively kill Thatdude.

2 other recruits continue to attack the rhesus' and begin to chase them about the country side. Well Thatdude torment ever end?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here is a list off all his wounds thus far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok guys I have to save scum this because he wont die. he has lost all his finger all his toes and his nose and teeth and is heavily bleeding. Sad really was kind of cool. the only thing that could work is the colossus but who knows if he will get caged again. plus it would take a long ass time for them to haul the damned cage out there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:52:07 am by Kregoth »

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2010, 02:51:21 am »

YES! You know your a true dwarf when it takes months for well equipped, experienced goblins to kill you. I should become a dwarf.

But I am not a happy bunny at the moment. You let me get cut off from the rest of the fortress then the Goblins cut all my fingers off :'(. Even if you do save me I'll be useless... Yay, I'll be an improv noble.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2010, 04:18:21 am »

sadly I had to save scum it was almost winter and they we still hacking at you, so i considered it a bug. The good news is though this time I was able to save you. I'll be updating my post tomorrow. I still find it amazing you where just trying to sleep with goblins poking you the hole time for 3 hole months probably longer if i just kept letting it go.

Thatdude "Guys really I am just trying to take a nap here"
Goblins "hack another finger off"
Thatdude "That didn't hurt" as blood gushes out
Goblin "Another finger that will do him in" 3 months later!
Thatdude "Seriously guys you hack off all 20 digits gouged my eyes out and pulled all my teeth and I'm am still here."
Goblin "Damnit this guy wont die, Cut his lips off"
Thatdude "mummble mummble mummble"
Thatdude cancels rest: interrupted by goblins poking

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2010, 03:16:48 pm »

AUTUMN

As I awoke from an unusually disturbing dream, a dreadful dream where one of our brave dwarfs attempted to take on a whole squad of goblins in his sleep even with the loss of all his toes and fingers. I realized that the goblin menace was no dream. and that very same dwarf was attempting to take on the whole squad to save a lowly recruit. I quickly sent out an immediate order to recall all soldiers into our walls. Only half our soldiers had survived the incident including our military captain Thatdude.

The goblins attempted to follow the dwarfs through the narrow corridor leading into our home but where quickly caged by our mighty cage traps. 3 goblins where able to escape unharmed and out of view of our scouts. for the most part we where safe but who knows when those vermin will return.

Knowing that time was of the essence I quickly had all civilians get back to work on the new trap I shall be laying for our enemies. If you recall we had captured a Bronze colossus, and I have a devilish plan to use him as our new main defense by locking him inside a pit and dropping enemies into his new found home.

the design is rather simple I am extending the passageway into our home. A retractable bridge is place over a pit. When one of our test subjects... er enemies steps on a clever placed set of pressure plates. it will retract the bridge dropping our hopeless victims two stories into a pit with our new found pet. I hope we can finish this new defense up before another attack from our green skinned friends returns.

13th of Limestone
As I viewed the hard working dwarfs gathering all the dead men and womens personal items strew about the battlefield. I noticed something quiet disturbing. apparently no one has bothered to create a hospital for our injured dwarfs. I quickly set a zone up inside the burrow so it an be used during battles. I also had 4 tractions benches built so they can be used to restrain a dwarf needing surgery. I also ordered some lye to be made so we can use tallow with it to make soap to clean the wounds of our wounded.

25th of Limestone
I decided to suspend the construction of anything not related to the trap being built in order to speed up its process. I also place the traction benches needed in the hospital, just in time too one of our dwarfs where in need of some medical care for some wounds on his left and right arms from the latest battle.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:27:56 pm by Kregoth »

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2010, 07:55:54 pm »

AUTUMN

5th of Sandstone
The pit for the living statue's new home is finished finally, but in a slight technical error of mine I removed the ramps into the pit before the caged colossus could be placed. doing that made me have to get miners to mine into the side of the pit. Worse, the poor bastard who was hauling the new torture tool just got to the pit right when the ramps where removed meant he had to track all the way back the way he came caring the caged statue which took long enough for him to try and do in the first place.

One of our stonecrafters has been possessed.

I hate when our dwarfs get possessed because they never seem to remember doing anything.

Damn that dwarf, or rather whatever it is that has control over him, decided that it would be a great idea to shove one of our craftdwarfs out of his shop slowing down our metal strand extracting operations. He then quickly started to gather materials. Whatever it is he is building it better be worth it.

It look like the dirty little bastard is using raw adamantine to make his silly contraption. Damn I wish they wouldn't use such valuable materials to make useless trinkets.

26th of Sandstone

Winter must be getting closer the river has started to freeze again. The pit trap is nearing completion all that left to do is to finished the construction of the two bridges left, and to hook the cage to a lever to release the colossus once he is sealed inside. Sense the majority of the work for the trap has finished I have decided to resume the construction of my secret project again.

One thing has struck me odd sense I have been here is that we have yet to have a caravan arrive. not even from those hippy ass elfs. The hospital is all finished except for soap which I should have a few bars available soon. I hope we can have some new migrants arrive soon.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2010, 09:07:19 pm »

AUTUMN
17th of Timber

My wish has been granted more Migrants have arrived finally in total there are 17 and only one is of any real use the high master craftdwarf. Right about the same time the dwarven caravan arrived. I can't wait to see what goodies they ave brought us this year. It appears not much I decide to trade some of our crafts for some steel armor and weapons they had. and a few bronze ones as well for recruits.

Damn those pesky green bastards they always show up at the worse time. It appears they have cornered a lone dwarf outside our walls. The poor bastard didn't even have a chance. I quickly check the logs to see who it is. NO not the Captain of the Guard.

He is probably cursing me from his grave. I shall give him a proper burial. Now I have to find a new Captain to enlist.

And just like that Winter is upon me My rule here is coming closer to an end and I fear what future may lie before our next leader.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2010, 09:30:44 pm »

BAHAHAHAHHAHAA Analog is cursed...  :P

What did you do with the southern mountain?  Anything?  I thought that would be a perfect place to house the military...farm from the residential half of the fort, (place *LOTS* of traps including cave in/magma mines) between the two with "dwarf only" roads (pressure plates linked to three deep hatches PHHH) as short routes.  So, even if the military fails, the halls will not be breached.  These are just the eccentric ramblings of an old farmer... ;)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2010, 10:36:12 pm »

WINTER

1st of Moonstone

Now that my military is far more suitable to fight with goblins in there adamantine armor I sent them out to pick off the ones that made it past our traps. we got the 5 that made it pass the traps but not without a few losses. The first kill was attained by our very own Thatdude who was first on the scene who stabbed his spear straight through the goblin lashers leg and twisting it around who then quickly died shortly after.

The 2 recruits quickly behind him pounce the goblin next to him and repeatably bashed his face in until it's unavoidable death. But then another goblin came from further down the path and smashed one of the recruits in the stomach with his hammer which cause massive damage to his internal organs. the recruit began vomiting and in attempt to get away while the other recruit was fighting the goblin he passed out onto a trap killing the poor dwarf.

The other recruit quickly was able to handle the 3rd goblin as Thatdude stabbed the goblin in the arm and again twisted it as its stuck inside. Only 2 more to go

That dude went after the two that where still attempting to path through the traps, but suddenly thatdude felt the need to get a drink leaving 2 recruits stranded one which has sadly forgot to pick up his bolts. Fearing nothing the bolt less wonder and wrestler attack the 2 goblins in a 1 on 1 fight.

The wrestler was doing wonderful dodging pretty much every attack, and if any where able to hit they where deflected buy his wonderfully blue armor. This continued for quite a while as the 2 spun wildly around each other dodge and deflecting each others move. Then without being full aware dodge straight into a wall, but quickly dodging the next attack sadly it was straight into our newly built pit. Lucky for him the colossus is still caged.

the last recruit wasn't able to do much the last goblin attempted to close in on the dwarf but was quickly caged by a trap.

5th of Sandstone
no sooner did we dispatch the goblins did we have a new problem, and a really big one at that.

Whats worse is he can fly, and he did right over our walls. Lord Armok please save us.

Oh no he is after our baron who was tending the farm along with another farmer. the baron runs but the monster gives chase spitting at our poor defenseless baron. Luckily the caravan is still inside the trade depot I think i may have a use for them yet.

If the beast make it inside through our underground crops we could be in for some serious trouble. The flying monstrosity is giving chase to another farmer who is constantly being spit upon as if she was already a corpse to it. Oh no a direct hit to the baron from the gooey spittle. The baron is nauseous and is slowing down allowing the terror to get close. And just like that our Baron was killed. May you rest in peace Xenos in your tomb below at least I hope we can get you to your tomb.

That damned liaison so high up on his ass gets pissed that the baron has died and begins to run off like a sissy little girl. lucky for him he runs into the titan.

In order to do my best to protect our home I order the construction of walls inside our dining room in case the creature get past the merchants, our men, and the traps into the depot.

I quickly order the troops to position themselves near the held up dwarves inside. when the merchants attempt to take on the titan I plan on waiting until I see a good opportunity to strike.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:57:40 pm by Kregoth »

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2010, 10:38:13 pm »

BAHAHAHAHHAHAA Analog is cursed...  :P

What did you do with the southern mountain?  Anything?  I thought that would be a perfect place to house the military...farm from the residential half of the fort, (place *LOTS* of traps including cave in/magma mines) between the two with "dwarf only" roads (pressure plates linked to three deep hatches PHHH) as short routes.  So, even if the military fails, the halls will not be breached.  These are just the eccentric ramblings of an old farmer... ;)

I was in the process of moving shit over there to do something very similar but that damn titan showed up.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13