Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Filledcrystal, The Ageless Dirt (31.12 succession)  (Read 13901 times)

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Filledcrystal, The Ageless Dirt (31.12 succession)
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 05:32:47 pm »

I've been unable to use my pc, and iphones can't really do anything on the edit screen.
Amen to that :P  Also it turns out that I dont have paint to use for screen shots. Any other ideas?

Granite 1-21

Finally the day has come! I now am in charge of the director of the fortress! Enough of useless digging! Now I cut gems and build fancy rooms!

-First order is to fix up that stone stockpile. Its a big waste of dwarves time.
-Second order is to smelt more gold! makes things pretty.

After trying to get over the disturbing thought of spears stabbing the wonderful military till the end of time it finally dawned on me. We should have a wonderful area where the current overseer stays, but only for their reign of terror.
   Right now I have just carved out the rooms and now dwarves are done engraving it! There is also room to carve later history! I shall call it the blue house because microline is forming the walls. Cinnabar, copper, and red garnet also plasters the walls. Oh you should see the crystal wall! It has a wonderful history of the embark. It even has pictures as memorials for Kregoth the First. All I need to do is put in the electrum furniture and I'm done.
   Oh, also please ignore the cinnabar wall and its engraving of dwarfs prostrating them selves.
*whisper whisper* oh *whisper whisper whisper* oh my!
never mind the last sentence. please enjoy the cinnabar wall and its engraving of dwarfs kneeling to god. :-[

One more thing before I put down the pen! We just got word that another artifact has been created! Its a crown made of opals! It is also encrusted with opals........ and thats it.........sigh...
You see a youtube comment you dont agree with. As you type out an insult against the users mother a member of your family watches you. Fed up with your addiction to youtube and spouting random swears at people who didnt enjoy your Naruto AMV, the family member grabs your head and rams it into the screen of your computer butchering your face and electricuting you to death.

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 05:41:38 pm »

I've been unable to use my pc, and iphones can't really do anything on the edit screen.
Amen to that :P  Also it turns out that I dont have paint to use for screen shots. Any other ideas?
Yeah, grab Gimp, it is free, and runs on Windows or Linux and probably Mac.  Use Alt-Printscreen to take a snapshot of the current window and paste it from the Gimp menus or with Ctrl-Shift-v with Gimp focused.

You can easily crop or annotate images with it.  Then use photobucket or another free image hosting service to put your images up.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 06:23:36 pm »

How do you not have paint? I thought all computers had it? Ah well. Nice update so far.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 07:15:09 pm »

It even has pictures as memorials for Kregoth the First.
Lol look for the other engravings I made there a shit loads of Kregoth the 1st. Even ones of me apparently weeping and killing.

How do you not have paint? I thought all computers had it? Ah well. Nice update so far.
Maybe he doesn't have windows? lol like Pisano said Gimp works great. use photobucket to host pictures and use the img code from the pictures to show them properly in the forums.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:40 pm »

Well I dont know but I can assume its because of the time a virus tried to wipe my computer. Also the fps is seriously fun. what year did it go down the tubes?

Granite 21-Slate 3

Once again Filledcrystal shows it has no brains. I just got done with the enlargment of the bedrooms for the 20+ migrants with time to spare. I set to building a small room where the dwarfs can kick back and relax to some controld blood shed. This was originaly going to be a training room where the soldiers would kick some goblin tail-end but then I thought "Who dosent like warfare?" Then I told a farmer "can you put that goblin theif in that pit."
You can probably guess where this is heading ::)
The dumbass decides to let the theif out and guide it to the pit. The goblin was more intent on finishing his task for the overlord and then waddled toward the exit convincing every one there was a seige.
Eventualy he got caught in a trap(again) but Urist mcDumbass lets him out of his cage(again) Thank armok an axedwarf decided he wanted to "train" on the subject(again) In the end I let him keep the (left goblin ear) as a trophy. :P

Its shuch a slow year I might do it again!
You see a youtube comment you dont agree with. As you type out an insult against the users mother a member of your family watches you. Fed up with your addiction to youtube and spouting random swears at people who didnt enjoy your Naruto AMV, the family member grabs your head and rams it into the screen of your computer butchering your face and electricuting you to death.

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2010, 02:26:11 pm »

ok i give! my school is stupid! this essay is stupid! after school sports is stupid! and this weekend my father needs help on the work place and im the lucky one chosen...and thats stupid! >:(

I am soooo sorry but i give up. life is more important than games no matter if its DF or not. please use the old save and continue without me. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2010, 09:12:29 am »

I'm in, prepare for failure. Now, I wonder what I'll do...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:19:26 am by Dwarf Midget »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 11:01:13 am »

Just make sure I have a fort to play with. Haven't really read what the other guys have done so it'll be a complete surprise to see the fort when you're done with it
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2010, 10:21:14 am »

I sort of got busy when I started my Minecraft LP, and I'm at a loss at what to do, so I'll just try to keep the fort together for a year.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2010, 11:44:45 am »

Granite

Now, why did I accept this job... I'm not an experienced leader, I'm an axedwarf! Oh well, until we get a proper leader, I guess I'll just try to hold the fort together.

Anyway, I just let everyone do their work like normal, the engravers are engraving, miners are mining, and so on. Analog keeps bugging me about him and his buddy Shem's bloody masterpieces. If they don't shut up, I'll carve a masterpiece out of their heads.

On another note, Datan Fergel, a woodcrafter, got a sudden surge of inspiration and claimed a craftdwarf's workshop. Apparently he made a larch bracelet called "Esenas".

When it comes to mining, I mined around the caverns and even deeper, where I found ANOTHER cavern we had to dig around. I went past that, and I find warm stone. And past THAT, semi-molten rock! I'm trying to find ore, not all this other stuff, in the name of Armok!

Some migrants arrived... well, a migrant arrived. I think he was a wood burner.

And that's it for this month. I'm still wondering what I'm going to do.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2010, 12:07:09 pm »

Slate

New month, new nothing. We've finally struck something interesting; faint yellow diamonds, and blue diamonds. I'll have the gem cutters cut 'em, as soon as I find their workshop.

Other than that, some animals are growing and we had a dog give birth to puppies. Nothing big has happened this month. Food is abundant, though we only have a bit over 200 units of booze... I'll have to tell that brewer to abandon his other duties and get brewing. Not to mention, where's the damn carpenter? Those barrels are still waiting to be made.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2010, 01:11:49 pm »

Felsite

Horrible things. Horrible, horrible things...

It started with the elven caravan, which came in the middle of the month. They were ambushed. Along with the rest of the immigrants which I didn't notice before now. They couldn't get in because of the wall that was put up. It was truly a sad day.

After that, I... silently withdrew my role as a leader, before the dwarves complain about my horrible leadership. I got the little sucker Analog to take over my position. He seemed eager.

OOC: See? I told you I'd fail :D
Ok, the real reason I quit is becaue I wasn't very interested in doing this after all, I didn't know what to do, and I was generally not having much fun. So I guess I'll just call it an end here, and pass on to the next one. Sorry I couldn't play out my year.

The save

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:18 pm »

My suggestion analog would to be just stat from the last save, not Dwarf Midget's save. Sense he has only played 3 months, barely a full season it seems, It would be odd to play from there and continue.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2010, 01:55:41 pm »

My suggestion analog would to be just stat from the last save, not Dwarf Midget's save. Sense he has only played 3 months, barely a full season it seems, It would be odd to play from there and continue.
Aw. But I want my migrant slaughter to be remembered :(

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2010, 04:09:30 pm »

Well I can just bump you down to next year, midget. Probabpy enough time to finish part of your LP and get some Fun going.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7