Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 50967 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Day 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2010, 08:37:59 am »

Jetsquirell, I don't think I've played with you.  Who here would you most like to be stuck in a duel against?
i'd say toaster

Also, please don't edit your posts for any reason.  Use and love the preview button.
sure

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2010, 09:59:06 am »

Jim, you didn't answer my question. And why do you care about random votes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2010, 10:46:24 am »

Jetsquirell, I don't think I've played with you.  Who here would you most like to be stuck in a duel against?
i'd say toaster

Why me?  Sounds like an OMGUS to me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:08 am »

Jim, you didn't answer my question. And why do you care about random votes?

I did answer your question, genius.

But, Jim Groovester and Org, how would you feel about going in the ring?

Why, I feel quite opposed to it right now! Especially when people drop random votes on me for no other reason than I already have random votes!

Pay attention to the game.

Ottofar, you didn't answer my question. What did you hope to accomplish by putting additional 'random' votes on people with three random votes already?

Also, Jetsquirrel. Newbie slack: gone.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2010, 11:50:59 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
JanusTwoface: Org
Jetsquirrel: Jim Groovester, Lonewolf I, Toaster
Jim Groovester: Jokerman-EXE, Org, Ottofar
Leafsnail: Criptfeind, JanusTwoface, Vector
Org: JanusTwoface, Jokerman-EXE, Ottofar
Ottofar: Jim Groovester, Vector
Solifuge: Lonewolf I, Toaster
Toaster: Solifuge
Vector: Jetsquirrel, Solifuge

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today

General Game Note: Due to the fact that this is a tournament and everyone is expected to be in the arena at some point there are NO extensions for this game. Once the Vote Phase ends the Assist Phase will start, where you decide which of the two Duelists to assist (if any). That will also go for ~2 days, or until everyone has declared their assist or intention NOT to assist. Those of you with Side Actions will also PM me with those at that time. Then I will run the duel and do the write-up. You may continue to discuss things during this time, so unlike most mafia games I do not lock the thread.

Leafsnail has been poked, although he sent me his color and affinity choice, so he obviously knows the game has started.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2010, 12:10:08 pm »

Unvote (Toas/Vec)tor

Jim Groove-Star and Criptfeind are my warriors of choice. Cript latched onto things, and twisted statements to fit his argument... trying hard to prove something was right while having no proof. Jim... just gives me a feeling similar to his last Cabal performance: agreeable, calculated, and sitting in center-stage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2010, 12:37:57 pm »

Gah, I seem to have just... forgotten about this game.  Sorry, everyone.

Scanning for questions...

Leafsnail if you were a scum Alchemist what potion would you chose.
It's kindof a tossup - if a scum partner had an attack bonus due to their role, say, I would pick the fireblood potion, and proceed differently depending on what their roles were.

Leafsnail, what sorts of RV questions do you think are most effective in this game?
"Who would you like to have on your scumteam?", "Who would you least like as scum?" and other hypotheticals are perfectly legitimate, as are questions about how they'd play.

Scanning for analysis...

Lonewolf I justification for voting Jetsquirrel seems... flimsy.  There are things he could've legitimately called JS out on, but "surprised reaction to gender" is more of a stupidity tell than a scumtell (as in, there's no real benefit for scum doing it over town).

Yeah, Solly, stop trying to help scum. By letting them have insight to what we may think is our affinity to help in duels.
Thats pretty scummy.
Org is definitely scum.  This is "I'm trying to look helpful", which he never does as town.  Ever.  As town, he's useless and proud of it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 02:51:29 pm »

General Game Note: Due to the fact that this is a tournament and everyone is expected to be in the arena at some point there are NO extensions for this game. Once the Vote Phase ends the Assist Phase will start, where you decide which of the two Duelists to assist (if any). That will also go for ~2 days, or until everyone has declared their assist or intention NOT to assist. Those of you with Side Actions will also PM me with those at that time. Then I will run the duel and do the write-up. You may continue to discuss things during this time, so unlike most mafia games I do not lock the thread.
Question: If this is a tournament, why is it not everyone fights? I mean, someone could win by winning only one battle, so it's a poorly designed tournament, if you ask me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2010, 02:56:59 pm »

It's both a popularity contest AND a tournament!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2010, 03:20:32 pm »

Jim Groove-Star and Criptfeind are my warriors of choice. Cript latched onto things, and twisted statements to fit his argument... trying hard to prove something was right while having no proof. Jim... just gives me a feeling similar to his last Cabal performance: agreeable, calculated, and sitting in center-stage.

Do you have any vaguer reasons for voting for me? Have I done anything in this game aside from give you a feeling? Because if you don't you're trying to get rid of me with a meta argument, and not even a very good one at that. You're going to need stronger reasons to vote me if you want a chance in hell of getting away with it, scumface.

Hmm. What to do? Should I unvote Jetsquirrel or Ottofar to vote Solifuge? Well, I'm voting Jetsquirrel for the same things Solifuge is doing now, so I'll unvote Jetsquirrel and vote Solifuge. I doubt Jetsquirrel is going to be useful or really do anything at all but I'm not letting you off the hook with just a word, Solifuge.

Question: If this is a tournament, why is it not everyone fights? I mean, someone could win by winning only one battle, so it's a poorly designed tournament, if you ask me.

That's because this is a mafia game with an unusual lynching mechanic, not a tournament.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2010, 03:29:46 pm »

It's both a popularity contest AND a tournament!

This way, you either elect a leader with the Political Acumen to avoid conflicts and get others to fight for you, or someone with enough power to maintain order even if everyone hates you... so as far as stability is concerned, it's win-win.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2010, 03:31:52 pm »

Non-Edit:

A "feeling" in Mafia is something that results from a series of behavioral cues. In this case, the "feeling" is that you are playing the same game as you did in Wizardfest 3. Is that too vague? I could be redundant and specify the individual elements of your behavior again.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2010, 03:39:40 pm »

Yes, let's hear them.

I'll preemptively ask you if these behavioral clues are specific to my scum game in Magematch 3 or just common elements of my general playstyle, because I don't think I've been playing differently this game.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2010, 04:40:05 pm »

Unvote.
Leafsnail and Solifuge.

First, at Leafsnail. Not really! Try rereading Wizard Duel 3, and BM 9 or 10. Nine I think. I actually do help town. And you shouldn't use meta on Org! Theres a reason I play as I do.

At Solifuge. I think I have given into my original suspicions, with your jumpy, less calm behavior as well as somewhat defensiveness, points you for scum.

Also, Janus and Leafsnail are very contradicting! One saying I am not helpful, the other saying I am somewhat helpful.
Derp derp.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2010, 05:23:44 pm »

That post makes me more sure of you being scum.

Town Org would be more like "Lulwut?  You suck for voting me, Leafsnail, I do help lol".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43