Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300266 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1500 on: May 06, 2011, 07:52:32 am »

Oh, what I meant by that was that I'd purposefully try and maul them beyond repair, if not kill them. Only the bad ones, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 06, 2011, 08:38:43 am »

Somehow I think I may have to get a 'bring out your dead' cart for the mule. It's probably the only way that I could capture more than one person, because capturing an entire dungeon of monsters is a little extreme (we found 10-15 derros plus the chaos maws that one time). Maybe I'll just take out one enemy at a time to limit the number of prisoners to a reasonable number. This wouldn't contradict the feat, but somehow I think that I'm suppose to capture everyone.

So capturing a eldrich abomination and bringing it to town is still a bad idea right?  :P

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 06, 2011, 10:04:57 am »

(Characters who have taken a Vow of Peace are known to drink water through a strainer in order to avoid accidentally swallowing, and thereby causing harm to, a small insect.)

Your alignment is lawful good last I checked.
Taking things who haven't committed crimes to the town seems like slavery to me. I don't think Batman does that, and you are more Lawful than him.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 06, 2011, 11:17:36 am »

Somehow I think that Vow of Peace wasn't written for the lawful good, and I think your right that taking everyone I incapacitate with me is a little extreme. Especially considering that half the things we fight are just hostile because we entered its home. Kogan, I think your onto something with the whole criminals only thing. It would limit the number of prisoners, and it would make sense as criminals disturb the peace.

Although a lawful evil person would have fun with Vow of Peace as there is nothing saying that they can't sell the monsters in-city, or build a personal army.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 06, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »

Somehow I think that Vow of Peace the Book of Exalted Deeds wasn't written for the lawful good sane, and I think your right that taking everyone I incapacitate with me it seriously at all is a little extreme.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 06, 2011, 08:43:40 pm »

Wait, did you already take vow of nonviolence, or did I get the order of the two wrong again?

My reaction: Ethan isn't much of a killing person, but will kill if the situation calls for it. Seriously bad guys, though, are fair game for him and he is fine with wounding or hurting them.

Edit: and I may not be able to show up tomorrow.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 06, 2011, 11:50:13 pm »

Actually, level 6 of VoP gives an exalted feat, which I would use on the Vow of Nonviolence. Level 6 also gives a feat, which will be used on the Vow of Peace.

Hopefully these vows don't get broken, because that would DESTROY my character fairly epicly. I would be short about 3-4 feats and would have no equipment to speak of.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 06, 2011, 11:53:53 pm »

What's just Nonviolence do?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 07, 2011, 12:15:59 am »

With Vow of Nonviolence I can't hurt any humanoids with lethal damage or pain inducing magics, and killing helpless humanoid people near me deals a -1 moral penalty for killing some helpless guy. In return your spell DC is increased by 4 for all spells that wouldn't break the vow. Would be great for manipulators, but I'm not one of them.

Peace just adds everything that is alive to the list of things you can't hurt, and adds some outrageous AC bonuses. The fact that I can't hurt monsters shouldn't affect the moral penalty for killing helpless ones. With that said I may have to knock people unconscious and attack my own party if they try to kill helpless things, even if there is no moral penalty. This basically means that I'm going to have a hard time out of combat since I'll have to keep an eye out for the prisoners that I'd have to take, either because everyone wants to kill them, or they want to kill everyone.

To say the least this will be VERY interesting.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 07, 2011, 06:53:32 am »

Suddenly I hope we face a lot less living things.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 07, 2011, 08:21:40 am »

Nothing should change actually. We don't often kill enemies that are knocked out, and we don't often render things 'helpless'. The only thing that should change is my damage type, and what we do with the monsters afterward.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 07, 2011, 11:11:16 am »

It's kind of like what Pheron did the first session. Mael incapacitated a ton of enemies and we stabilized them, except he'd have to do it even if they are clearly evil too.

Here's a question though... If he captures something that he knows is going to be executed if it is turned in but it's wickedly dangerous to let wander the countryside, will he break his vow if he delivers it? What about if he releases it?

;)

Either one would cause death for something.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 07, 2011, 11:56:44 am »

I'd say that since it is a vow of peace, it would be counterproductive to release a creature of untold destruction. For example if we found a red dragon, knocked it unconscious, and took it with us. I would have to ask the dragon to agree to not interfere with the people he terrified, if he disagrees or breaks the vow then we can kill them, and I don't break my vow (vow of nonviolence). I believe that vow of peace would also have to rely on this agreement (because letting a red dragon go wild is just stupid).

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 07, 2011, 11:58:28 am »

Maybe, but this is a BOED vow. Sense is a lucky accident here.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 07, 2011, 12:43:23 pm »

Of course, how do we know that it doesn't have silent still suggestion?

And Journal for Ethan:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:25:39 pm by RedWarrior0 »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 244