Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300289 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1515 on: May 07, 2011, 02:43:38 pm »

Maelrigar, Van, Myst, Corina, Ethan, Tallulah, Nael, Arrus, Pheron, Vaba, Gedin, Edmund, and Uskton Slek (who I shall, in the manner of Scott Pilgrim to Stephen Stills, refer to only by full name) all receive the experience for helping Akoth get back to his home plane, regardless of how much helping they actually did.

There will be no game today, because I have work. I would have to leave within 5 minutes of the game starting in order to make it on time. There will be a session next week though. Did I mention I now work as a banquet server at a fanceh hotel? Because I totally do, and it is a pretty awesome job. (except those glass trays... those things were an exercise in "AAAAUGH GOD MY WRIST IT IS BREAKING AAAH". Hopefully my body gets used to that sooner rather than later... or something.)

Also, the taking prisoners thing. You don't have to capture every single thing you take prisoner... just the ones that you could reasonably expect to be able to turn in to the authorities. For instance, if you incapacitate an ancient red dragon, you must leave it where it lies (unless it is in immediate danger, in which case you must transport it to safety and leave it there), because no city has a jail built to house something as big as a building. On the other hand, if you incapacitate some hobgobblies or kutebolds, you must take them prisoner and bring them to jail. If you incapacitate an animal, then you can just leave it where it was.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on May 14) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1516 on: May 07, 2011, 05:52:27 pm »

I hope journals are still valid...

As an aside, 50% of the time I said ANYTHING I got disconnected.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 07, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »

What if it's something dangerous to the fabric of being itself?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 07, 2011, 06:53:29 pm »

To answer your question: Beat it > Wait for it to wake up > Ask it to surrender > Kill it if it says no or continues marauding

That should be about it assuming that the vow of nonviolence's enemy oath also works for vow of peace. Hopefully it does.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 07, 2011, 07:15:00 pm »

Also, shoruke's comment makes me want a city with Ancient red dragon prisons.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 13, 2011, 11:42:13 am »

Thanks to eye surgery I will be able to make it to the next session. Hooray!

Just to be sure but vow of peace does follow the vow of nonviolence's non-interference or death agreement, right? If not I think I'd better take another set of feats, because stopping people from killing a marauding dragon a second time (after knocking it out once) is just stupid and counter-productive.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 13, 2011, 12:37:54 pm »

Just build a better prison!
Pheron has architect levels.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 13, 2011, 08:11:54 pm »

I feel terrible that this is going to be like the 3rd session in a row I've been gone for, but tomorrow's District meet has been condensed into one day instead of 2. what that means is that it will go several hours later than usual. I may hit the end, if we get back early.

Sorry.  :-\

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 13, 2011, 11:04:21 pm »

Just to be sure but vow of peace does follow the vow of nonviolence's non-interference or death agreement, right? If not I think I'd better take another set of feats, because stopping people from killing a marauding dragon a second time (after knocking it out once) is just stupid and counter-productive.

Basically, once you take something prisoner, you must keep it prisoner until you can hand it off to someone with more authority than you. So, if you KO a dragon, you need to keep it either KO or restrained until you can hand it off to the nearest constable, and then it's his problem, not yours. The constable may choose to kill him once you've gone more than 120' away.

If you fail to keep it prisoner, then I suppose that's fine in terms of your vow, although if it attacks you once it is free then you'll probably want to knock it out again.

HAHA WAIT that answered the wrong question... let me try again.

The Vow of Peace doesn't have anything to do with the pact of noninterference. If you overpower something, and make it promise to be a good prisoner, and then it escapes, your allies can try to kill it as hard as they want. YOU, however, must still fight with only non-lethal means. You will be forgiven for letting your allies kill it if you KO it in this instance, though.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 13, 2011, 11:36:50 pm »

That's good to hear. At least that is a reasonable compromise. Having to subdue the exact same enemy over and over would get old really fast, even with the +12 to AC. Hooray, now I can be a ridiculous blink tank and have things to roleplay because of it.

So that mule that I'll need is part of the party's inventory right? Or do we have enough willing people to carry prisoners? If not I'll improvise.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 14, 2011, 12:31:29 am »

I originally planned to buy a cart that could be taken apart and stowed on the ship out of the way, but I sort of forgot.

As for a mule, my cook isn't feeding it!

;)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 14, 2011, 09:16:55 am »

My rations should now come in a vegetarian variety, so it can have my rations. The trail rations supposedly also have jerky, but I'm hoping the rule of fun says otherwise in my case, because that would be one hungry donkey in a desert if it can't eat rations.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 14, 2011, 11:48:41 am »

My rations should now come in a vegetarian variety, so it can have my rations. The trail rations supposedly also have jerky, but I'm hoping the rule of fun says otherwise in my case, because that would be one hungry donkey in a desert if it can't eat rations.
I'd think you'd just buy some fodder onto the ship when you go and buy the donkey... Oh yea, that's right, you can't. VoP! ;)

I'm surprised you got rations at all, to be honest. You got free meals from my cook though, which should tide you over until you no longer need to eat.

Anyway, I'm a Vegetarian. Served in the US Marines. Something interesting... http://nsrdec.natick.army.mil/media/fact/food/Vegetarian.htm
Also it is exceptionally easy to meet protein requirements without meat. Please note I am providing links to stuffh here because people don't like to listen to me when I talk about my own personal ability to survive. Follow it if you want, but if you can trust my word, skip down to the bottom.

With Jerky, an ounce provides roughly 11 grams of protein.
With Almonds, an ounce provides 6g of protein.
Peanuts have 7g of protein per oz.
http://www.highproteinfoods.net/nuts-seeds
Most other nuts have different amounts, mostly less actually.
2 to 2.5 g/kg a day is about the "maximum" people would be expected to take. After that additional protein can't be stored by the body.
So for 81kg person, you are looking at about 161g -203g a day, or less than 2 lbs of peanuts. To reach the "Recommended amount for athletes" of 1.6 to 1.8 g/kg, you'd be looking at 130g-146g a day. Less than 2 lbs of peanuts.
http://www.gotmilk.com/pdf/513S_s.pdf
http://www.cscca.org/document/proteinissue

The thing is, there is protein in other sources of food. Just about everything has protein. 3 Ounces of bread has 7g of protein.
http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein-bread.htm
1 cup of apple (with skin) has 0.3g
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1809/2
Even 11 chips of Doritos has 2g of protein!
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/doritos

The way I personally view Iron Rations is that they have a balanced nutritional content that allows an adventurer to operate on optimal efficiency using foodstuffs preserved to last from the local environment with local sensibilities, in so much as the adventurer doesn't request specific changes. If you specify your rations are Vegetarian, Personal experience from me says that there wouldn't be any additional problem with it being so. The only time I have ever had any problems regarding meeting my protein requirements was from idiots who told me how my body was going to degrade and I wasn't going to be able to do (insert physical activity here). Now THAT caused some great problems, but that's got nothing to do with this, so... :)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 14, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »

Game still on today?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 244