Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300277 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2415 on: August 13, 2011, 08:48:19 am »

((I'm saving my big journal update for when we're actually confirmed to have left the cave!))

Spoiler: Weight of the World (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: August 13, 2011, 09:33:07 am »

Oh, by the way, some time after the caves, I'm going to need a wizard (looking at you, Raspul, mainly because you're the only active wizard, I believe) to prepare a Ray of Frost. Multiple times, if creating a magical item requires the spells every day of work. However, this can wait until after my personal cache of gold increases by nine thousand. I'll have a bit to spare, so you can have ten (seriously, it's a cantrip. No more than ten). Thanks to whatever wizard (or sorcerer, if you took RoF) accepts.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: August 13, 2011, 12:33:37 pm »

Oh, by the way, some time after the caves, I'm going to need a wizard (looking at you, Raspul, mainly because you're the only active wizard, I believe) to prepare a Ray of Frost. Multiple times, if creating a magical item requires the spells every day of work. However, this can wait until after my personal cache of gold increases by nine thousand. I'll have a bit to spare, so you can have ten (seriously, it's a cantrip. No more than ten). Thanks to whatever wizard (or sorcerer, if you took RoF) accepts.

Sorry, I banned Evocations so I can't do it. :(

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: August 13, 2011, 03:03:30 pm »

I'll just hire a non-party wizard, it's okay. 5 gp isn't all that much.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: August 15, 2011, 10:21:51 am »

Right then, do we have a session time set up for this yet? I know Shoruke said he worked last Sat, are we planning for Sat this week? Not sure if anything was set in stone or not.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: August 15, 2011, 10:45:02 am »

Well, I thought we were doing it on Tuesday of this week.

Better let Shoruke make the final determination.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: August 15, 2011, 02:06:32 pm »

Wands that are not made by members of your party, or by a specific NPC whose caster level is explicitly stated, is assumed to have been made by someone with the minimum possible caster level. In the case of the Shatter spell, 3.

Ashworm Dragoons are fine to use.
I need a reference to those two ACFs...
I'll give Ashworm Companion the following specifications: the Druidic Animal Companion advancement table will replace the normal one for the Dragoon's Ashworm. Ashworms have an Effective Druid Level Adjustment of -3. The prerequisite for this feat is an Effective Druid Level of 3.5 (or, 7 levels in ranger), so that you have a high enough Effective Druid Level to actually use the Animal Companion Ashworm when you take the feat.

Cloak Dance is fine... I considered modifying it, but meh.
Deadly Precision is fine, although I don't know why you'd want it... maybe for Stihe...?
Mind Over Body is fine.
Rapid Metabolism is okay, although the way it's written implies that you gain no more hitpoints from 24 hours of solid rest than from 8, like normal people...
Sidestep Charge is okay.
Stand Still works, under the restriction that non-physical damage your weapon would deal (for instance if you use a Flaming weapon) does not count towards the DC. You cannot use the flame around your weapon to grab someone by the collar, only to burn them  ;) Also, you can't put additional damage dice from Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike towards the DC.

*fondly remembers the days when you only needed 1 book to play a tabletop game* Heh... Now there's just soo many rules options, feats, homebrew, resources, expansions... oi. Hard to keep up with it all.
Amen.

Holy skeletal carp on an UglyStick, batman, those are some HEFTY flaws.
Cursed is fine to use, but not recommended.
Twice Cursed *would* be fine to use (but not recommended), except that any given person can only have one flaw.
Thrice Cursed? (I think you meant, "reroll in accordance with the *twice* cursed flaw"...) See Twice Cursed.
Broken Alignment is *not* okay to use, because it would derail the game's future plot more effectively than the sum of the destructive force of every nuke Earth has had on it at any point would derail a common train. I am not being hyperbolaic. *More* effectively.
Haunted is not allowed, because making it balanced as a flaw requires me to be a major douchebag during battles, and completely gyp someone from the game part of the actual game.
Lazy is fine, but... ouch.
Weakness is fine, but only because all of you have Heroic Durability. I like the part where it can actually kill you.
Spoiled is fine.
Wasted Youth and Aged Poorly are fine.
Was it a waste of time answering all of those? Nope. Being not-hyperbolaic is fun!  :D

Friend of Spirits is fine, although I don't recall every seeing an effect that causes a cha-based check to no longer be cha-based and yet still be called cha-based.

I kinda like Races of Destiny. Those 3 feats are fine. On that note, Maelrigar might be interested in the Menacing Demeanor feat from that book, which is available only to those of orcish blood, and gives +4 to Intimidate. He seems to like Intimidate.

And, the session. I haven't heard any complaints against Tuesday, and I seem to have something pretty much every other day of the week, so Tuesday at the regular time. Unless you guys persuade me to start an hour earlier.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: August 15, 2011, 03:51:09 pm »

I'll be here an hour before the normal time, so I'd be ok with it. I'll post a journal before the session starts.

On an unrelated note Red's campaign may still be happening if your still interested Shoruke.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:33 pm »

Holy skeletal carp on an UglyStick, batman, those are some HEFTY flaws.
Cursed is fine to use, but not recommended.
Twice Cursed *would* be fine to use (but not recommended), except that any given person can only have one flaw.
Thrice Cursed? (I think you meant, "reroll in accordance with the *twice* cursed flaw"...) See Twice Cursed.
Broken Alignment is *not* okay to use, because it would derail the game's future plot more effectively than the sum of the destructive force of every nuke Earth has had on it at any point would derail a common train. I am not being hyperbolaic. *More* effectively.
Haunted is not allowed, because making it balanced as a flaw requires me to be a major douchebag during battles, and completely gyp someone from the game part of the actual game.
Lazy is fine, but... ouch.
Weakness is fine, but only because all of you have Heroic Durability. I like the part where it can actually kill you.
Spoiled is fine.
Wasted Youth and Aged Poorly are fine.
Was it a waste of time answering all of those? Nope. Being not-hyperbolaic is fun!  :D

Friend of Spirits is fine, although I don't recall every seeing an effect that causes a cha-based check to no longer be cha-based and yet still be called cha-based.
The requirements of the cursed line don't make much sense, but it seemed appropriate at the time...
It is still possible to tolerate the existence of someone who you dislike, and even cooperate with their associates, still a pain though... It does suffer in terms of magic-level, a high-magic setting where you visit other planes all the time this could be crippling, while in low-magic settings it may not come up at all...
I do not think weakness can kill an ordinary character, but having maximum hit points of -9 would make life difficult even if you had the diehard feat... Heh, spending your life waiting that one moment that a standard action would be worth your life, scrounging around for temporary hit points, Always counting your steps so you don't risk death by double-moving...

I was looking for a way to say "Even if you find a way to change the ability you use, it doesn't get you out of the penalty." but my fey mood was pretty much over by the time I was putting the details together so...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: August 16, 2011, 10:15:14 am »

It might not be much of a journal, but we had more battle than RPing.

EDIT: Any chance I can have journal exp alongside battle exp this session? And are we having the session an hour early?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:17:16 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: August 16, 2011, 01:56:23 pm »

I won't be there, most likely. I'm currently posting from a public library about 7 miles from where I'm staying for the week without internet. Menacing Demeanor would be great if I had feats to burn, but there isn't much of a difference between having +16 and +20 to intimidate. I think I'll be acquiring Oversized Two Weapon Fighting and retraining Power Attack to Two Weapon fighting, if that's okay. That way I can do some crazy dual-wield-greatswords-as-well-as-daggers combat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: August 16, 2011, 02:11:53 pm »

Doesn't look like we're starting early today then, the only chatter I've seen is "it would work for me" from one person.

So, game in 4 hours.

(To do: update the experience tracker and the OP, finish drawing that cave and put an encounter in it, touch up the pog repository, and try to find a way to make you guys stay within 12 kilometers of the railroad tracks.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: August 16, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »

Server is up.
Game in 20.
Prepare your Gather Knowledge check macros, ladies and gents.

EDIT: dude. Where's my players?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:01:27 pm by shoruke »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: August 16, 2011, 06:09:42 pm »

Spoiler: Vaba's Journal (click to show/hide)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: August 16, 2011, 06:46:13 pm »

Spoiler: Stihe's Thoughts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Ruby Necklace (click to show/hide)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 244