Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300228 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1740 on: June 13, 2011, 09:56:53 am »

-Andre Clearwater, Journal page 1-

(The margins are scribbled with some obscure facts on sand dragons and mathematical equations
/...If C is the force of a charging giant, and Y is swing velocity of his weapon, then A equals force+pressure applied to the maximum stress point of a human skeletal structure from a downward angle, calculating wind resistance...)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:40:24 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 13, 2011, 11:03:55 am »

Dwarmin, You are retconned to have been with the expedition from the beginning unless you specifically don't want to be. Just on the sidelines doing other stuff.

(Edit: Totally unrelated, but Grek, Pleasepleaseplease from hades final journal. It'd be great! ;))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:05:46 am by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 13, 2011, 11:38:19 am »

Dwarmin, You are retconned to have been with the expedition from the beginning unless you specifically don't want to be. Just on the sidelines doing other stuff.

(Edit: Totally unrelated, but Grek, Pleasepleaseplease from hades final journal. It'd be great! ;))

All right, I was just going to use the "but I'm the new guy!" excuse so as to not miss any lore stuff you guys already figured out. lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:49 pm »

Updated sheet...you should probably add me to the player list now. lol

Also, is this spell legit? It's a homebrew I found on SRD. I'd like to use this.

Link broke...

Spoiler: Flare, Greater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:23:09 pm by Dwarmin »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 13, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »

Anyways as I said I would, here is the recoloured halfling image:
Spoiler: Halfling Recolour (click to show/hide)

If you want a different hat or something more drastically different I can, but I'd have to redo all the shading so I can't make any promises.

As for the journal I'll post it later today.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: June 13, 2011, 03:45:08 pm »

Looks cool to me Fool.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 13, 2011, 06:20:00 pm »

I would say that spells are something different than Spell-like abilities, mostly due to the description of spell-like abilities and the S.R.D.'s comparative text. Here are a couple of examples of monsters with both spells and spell-like abilities. Spells are never described as spell-like abilities...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 13, 2011, 08:40:57 pm »

Right. I had just sorta hoped that I'd be able to qualify without having to actually be a wizard, cleric or druid. None of those really fit my character concept. I have different character ideas that I could use, but a mad science alchemist is #1 on the list.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 13, 2011, 10:16:11 pm »

No, spell-like abilities do not make you a spellcaster, so you can't use them to qualify for alchemy. UMD won't work either, because that counts as someone else casting spells. If you find a feat that allows you to cast spells, that'll allow you to use alchemy. I think there's some regional feats that give you spells... (they're in one of the Races books I think, they were listed on Crystal Keep)

I don't think you'll be blinding people with a level 1 spell, being blind is pretty hardcore. Level 2, maybe.

Can't recall what it was that someone asked me to look up after last session, but I can't check the chatlogs since I'm at work, so I'll have that answer when I get home... you know, at 2 in the morning.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 13, 2011, 10:49:31 pm »

And with that I am about 150 exp short of a level. So are we going to bother with a sentencing, or will we write it off as justified in some way?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 14, 2011, 10:15:18 am »

Okay, time to get this journal done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, little question here as I can't find it in the SRD. At which levels do I get new feats again?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:52:33 am by Theoboldi »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:06 am »

I figure both Uskton Slek's fate and Vaba's fate will be determined next session.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 14, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »

Spoiler: Vaba's prison journal (click to show/hide)
Shoruke, If I take Mathaf's spiked gauntlets, can I use a longbow and still be considered armed for AoO's?   And is the poison still in effect?

While trying to compare Uskton's journal with This I got sidetracked and ended up Here and about twenty other tropes...

Little question here as I can't find it in the SRD. At which levels do I get new feats again?
You get feats every level divisible by 3, and an ability score increase at every level divisible by 4.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 14, 2011, 03:26:25 pm »

Okay, I just rolled up a second character, just in case Uskton dies any time soon.
I'm going for a necromancer wizard here that powers himself with selfmade items and would like to know if I can use the Skeletal Minion variant? And can I take ranks in Craft(Jewelry)?
Also an answer to my question above would be nice.

Edit:Ninja'd. Well, taking combat reflexes would be only fitting, huh? Also, I love the titel you gave me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:03:45 pm by Theoboldi »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: June 14, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »

What level of spell is shark bolt?
Third level.

I'll approve Wraithstrike, but I'm changing it so that it only works for the first attack you make using it (the 1 round duration is still in effect, too). So basically, if you full attack with Wraithstrike, only the first attack is going to do anything special. I'm thinking that maybe there should be an Improved version, a level 3 spell, that comes without this restriction.
That makes it pretty weak for a second level spell slot, so unless that changes I'll just find a different second level spell and just take the actually-useful third level spell next level. Using a very limited resource for a single attack would be mildly useful, but it's going to lose it's charm fast when I start attacking multiple times per round in a level or two. I'll get back to you on whichever spell I replace it with.

Your dragonfang greatsword is masterwork, so it gets +1 to attack; it does the Excalibur thing of hitting through armor quite nicely, so it can ignore up to 2 points worth of Armor or Natural Armor bonus to AC; it has 2d8 base damage, and on a critical hit, it adds a bleeding effect, which does 1d2 points of damage to the enemy on their turn. The bleeding effect is removed by heal checks, or any magical hp-healing effect. (then again, when you get a critical hit with something that does 2d8, that much blood loss seems kind of paltry...)
I am super pumped for this. Is the bleeding effect HP damage or normal damage? If I can summon up enough money, I think I'll enchant this weapon. Perhaps one day it will be a blade of legendary deeds and such.

Question: Is anyone in the party able to cast Fireball?
Nope. None of our arcane casters has 3rd level spells. Why do you need to know?
I do indeed have the option of choosing Fireball. It's a pretty lame spell for my first 3rd level spell, though.

Okay, so, gold claimed during the session from the 10,000 gp payment:
Nael: 1,100
Grek: 1,500
Uskton Slek: 1000
Van: 200
Pheron: 2500
Vaba: 2500
Andre: 250
Party Fund: 950

Edit because Uskton Slek took another 500 to buy some gauntlets of lightning-shooting.
I was at the session where we received that money. Do I get any? Speaking of which, do you mind if I in-thread the merchant stop? I'll post what I'm selling in a spoiler below.

See, this is what happens when his male Role-Model Maelrigar isn't here. Damages a young dwarf's psyche, you know? ;)
Uskton is going to be a damn strange dwarf if I'm his role model.

ALL HAIL USKRIGAR DESLEKTU THE RAPTUROUS SAPLING!
Also: Wut.

Spoiler: Items that can be sold (click to show/hide)
I have a little money of my own, but depending on how much I can get for these and how close I am to a level of enchantment I may need to dip into the party fund, if that's alright.

I'll be back later with a 2nd level spell and a few ideas for an enchantment. Also possibly a passive journal.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 244