Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300229 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1830 on: June 21, 2011, 12:53:33 am »

I'm kind of tired but here is my journal:

Finally found a way to RP his low constitution. Hopefully I didn't mess this up too badly by writing it so soon. I think I'll reset my exp to the OP's values since I somehow didn't save last time I updated it.

EDIT: Sheet updated. I now have more AC than HP at level 6. I can't wait to befriend birds and other animals with the calming aura.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:11:39 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:04 am »

Oh, you are a munchkiny one. Just an FYI, passing your will save versus the Silence spell means it is no longer affecting you, which means everyone else in the room can hear you too.

Can silence just be an envocation instead? If the spell works like that it's pretty much useless.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1832 on: June 21, 2011, 01:20:22 am »

Spoiler: Marla's Journal (click to show/hide)

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: June 21, 2011, 09:04:46 am »

Oh, you are a munchkiny one. Just an FYI, passing your will save versus the Silence spell means it is no longer affecting you, which means everyone else in the room can hear you too.
Can silence just be an envocation instead? If the spell works like that it's pretty much useless.
Nah, it's fine the way it is... and the Evocation school is mostly for blowing things up anyway. The purpose of the silence spell is mostly to disrupt enemy communication or semantic spellcasting, but you can use it for a sneakybuff if you don't mind auto-failing some will saves and being unable to talk. You could always try using Zone of Silence instead, it does exactly what you want to do... why didn't you take ten levels of bard if you're going to be sneaking into people's houses?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: June 21, 2011, 10:52:36 am »

Wait a moment... we are breaking into the Temple of Boccob? In the thirty minutes that I was gone this was hatched?

Gah, I hope I'm human by the time this comes around.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: June 21, 2011, 11:15:59 am »

-Andre Clearwater, Journal page 2-

(The margins are filled in with scenes of a Uskton wailing on Vaba, who is usually in drawn in a position of overly dramatic submission)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: June 21, 2011, 11:28:23 am »

Wait a moment... we are breaking into the Temple of Boccob? In the thirty minutes that I was gone this was hatched?

Gah, I hope I'm human by the time this comes around.

Yes, they are about to try to break into a temple. I guess I'll have to make an encounter map for that before next session. And I *think* you'll be human again in time for it. Silly Maelrigar, getting all distrustful and stuff, and trying to find more Major Artifacts at moderately low level. But that's what D&D is all about; "There's well-guarded, over-levelled loot nearby that we're not supposed to be able to get? LET'S DO THIS"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: June 21, 2011, 11:42:53 am »

Sounds like fun, I'm up for it.

Also if I took the Dragonheart Mage Prestige class from page 88 of "The Race of Dragons" handbook would I be able to take another draconic feat to replace the Breath feat that I have already taken?

That is if you left me take the prestige class itself.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: June 21, 2011, 12:14:53 pm »

So if we really are having a session on Friday as mentioned in-session then I can't make it. This is kind of convenient since everyone is going to rob a major temple. Hopefully you don't get too far into the real mission in the next session because I would love to help with that.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: June 21, 2011, 12:31:41 pm »

This is what I think the blueprint looks like, I just don't know where any windows or anything are.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: June 21, 2011, 03:22:05 pm »

Two questions. What is there in terms of surroundings, and what is it made of?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: June 21, 2011, 05:14:45 pm »

I'll take a look at Races of the Dragon when I get home, I don't seem to recall going "holy schist wow" when I read through it a few months ago... and yes, feat retraining is available. You get 1 retraining option at every level up.

Since I'm probably going to have to make up an encounter map anyway, I'll try to have it done a couple days in advance and show you the basic layout of the building. It will have labels and things. In terms of the building's surroundings, there is a courtyard with a low fence (to mark where the church property ends, you understand), and then more buildings. The church itself is made of the common, reddish rock that all the middle-class desert buildings are made of, because Boccob doesn't really care what his building is made from as long as it keeps the sun and sand out, and is relatively durable (or easy to repair with magic, whichever). Plus that rock is- very literally- dirt cheap. Free Knowledge(Religion) check for you right there.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: June 21, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »

Is there detail in the rock? As in, would two Stone Shape spells be sufficient for opening and closing the wall without ruining it permanently?

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: June 21, 2011, 11:40:38 pm »

I too am glad I won't be able to attend a Friday session.

It's a shame since Pheron has several ranks in Architecture, but really this is one of those things he tends to get all "leaderish" about, and I think that it'd result in blows being exchanged and new characters being required.

In fact... It's probably best that you guys RP in such a manner that Pheron and Van never find out about this one...

(Edit: To rephrase, I am glad that nothing important for my character is going on, not that I will miss it. I wish it was on the weekend anyway.)

(Edit 2: Journal time!

-I inspected the chains we bought for the ship. 32 links on each of the 4 chains, 128 links in all-the third and fouth chains had one more, and one less link, respectively. I spotted structural weaknesses in the 17th, 16th and 13th links of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd chains.
So much for masterwork quality, eh? ;)

Also, SHORUKE--- Make sure to remember in case I forget, the Sailors, Guards, and siege engineer get an extra 5 sp for their actions in helping with the crisis on Bote, and I'll be pulling extra duty to ensure they all get one full day off the ship on shore to spend however they want. They will also be allowed to spend time off the ship for the 5 days we are in port when they aren't standing a watch. Fendron also gets a bonus of 1gp. Heck, I'm feeling generous so even the chef gets 2 sp for his meals. 35 sp + 2 sp + 1 gp = 4g 7s. I've deducted it from my funds.)

Journal Links
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:53:26 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dragonheart Mages look fine to me.

Also, the game will NOT be on Friday, since I've been called in to work. Basically, I don't know for sure if I'm available for any given day next week, and I won't know until Thursday.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 244