Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [31.18] The Wandering Tinker 0.4: Adventure Mode Reactions (Mining, etc)  (Read 2596 times)

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello all, my first big attempt at a mod and I had to pick a doozy...

Wandering Tinker Mod is a mod for adventure mode that incorporates (and was greatly inspired by) the Wanderer/TanMod by Lofn (props man you have ruined my life the past week  ;) ) it's available here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3129
l

Tools:

You have to have tools to do alot of the crafting in this mod, don't worry you make them yourself.  Just
peruse through the pages in your create menu (12 pages as of 0.1) and you'll see the various tools and
parts and how/what is needed to make them.  Yeah it's involved but that makes it more rewarding, anyone can make the "summon Adamantine Greataxe" mod, but where's the fun in that?

List/materials

scraper - 2 stones knapped
carving knife - 2 stones knapped (can make metal later if desired)
hatchet - 2 stones knapped
whetstone - 2 stones knapped
needle - 2 stones knapped  (can make metal later if desired)
chisel - 2 stones knapped (can make metal later if desired)
mallet - carved head and haft from wood/stone/bone or convert a war hammer (can make metal later if desired)
forging hammer - convert war hammer or make one from scratch
portable furnace - made from chiselled bricks
portable forge - alot of chiselled components and a sewn bellows
portable anvil - one chiselled mold and alot of metal at forge
file - made at forge
mining pick - some carved wood/bone and metal head made at forge
(new in 0.2) backstrap loom - wood and leather strap
(new in 0.3) grill - metal box, spit and grate
(new in 0.3) still - barrel and copper tubing
(new in 0.3) sickle - cast blade at forge add a pommel

The only drawback/downside is that you have to overwrite all the creature files but it's more than worth it
(there might be some additions to that too but for now I'm just working on more crafting reactions like
brewing, cooking and jewelry).

Also included is the supplied  "make a sharp rock" vanilla reaction... you can delete the one given to you in the reactions_other directory as it tends to throw off my whole wonderful menu balance.

Just extract all the files in to your <DF/raw/objects> directory and gen yourself a new world!

0.4 updated to newest wanderer mod version with 0.18 support

edit: BTW portable forges are HEAVY.. stow them while not in use (just a piece of advice).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:01:23 pm by kwd1968 »

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

reserved for version stuff etc

in the works:

cooking <--- broken... food products crash the game
brewing (done for now)
metal crafts for trading
gems
jewelry
make armor (done)
farming/foraging (done for now)
cloth making (partially done) <--- finished next ver

(and so much more it makes me lose sleep)

fix: forging hammer recipe asks for a head
fix: iron anvil recipe now asks for and uses the proper bars
fix: arrows and bolts recipes now use proper shafts
updated to wanderer 0.4 for creature raws etc for 0.17/18 compatibility'

0.3a

fix: crossbows made now instead of warhammers with make crossbow reaction (oops)
fix: longland beer now made properly

basic plant foraging
basic brewing
some new plants (potato, cotton, carrot, pea)
fix: leather straps now ask for leather properly
change: made portable forge a table, not as encumbering as it was (still heavy though) but now you'll see it if you drop it

food is bugged right now and any product lines with it crash the game, so no cooking for the moment, most of my time was spent trying to work around this but just couldn't get it to work

all armor making (leather, bone and metal)
all clothing making (leather and silk/wool... plant cloth TBA)
some cloth making (still a few things to add but that's not until i get plant foraging in)
crafted bone and tooth items for trading
added leather bags
fix: shields now use proper mats to build
fix: flux mining no longer makes random toys
change: with more plant mats added, had to limit wood recycling to weapons (don't want you turning your shirt in to an oak log)

0.1a

evened out the menus in reactions screen.. zipped up an old one by mistake sorry bout that

0.1 features:

basic ore prospecting/mining
basic flux prospecting/mining
basic coal prospecting/mining
smelt ores and make alloys
make fuels from wood or coal
metal armor and weapon recycling
wooden item recycling
leather tanning and minor tailoring
make any weapon in vanilla df (except blowguns)
make bolts and arrows and scavenge used ones for reuse
make shields
make containers (backpacks, barrels, quivers, waterskins, buckets)
garbage incinerator (destroys items forever)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:03:25 pm by kwd1968 »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

nice mod, I'm playing it right now and it's very interesting.

also, it highlights some shortcoming of the crafting screen, but that's another matter.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Soooo... This makes mining possible?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a word of warning and advice the errorlog is your friend and it's important to check on it because there are some typo problems here and there.

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soooo... This makes mining possible?

not really, it only lets you look for "deposits" and get ore from them... it doesn't actually let you dig into the map anywhere.  It's the best I could come up with tho.  As far as typos go, it's been a while since I released this so I'll look over the stuff again.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I've been having a good time with this mod, given the current limitations of adventurer mode, namely, huge menus. I can make bricks to throw at people. :D

With that said, the create a forging hammer reaction lists a generic "toy" object, when I think you meant a forging hammer head "toy" specifically. Feel free to ignore this if you already know about it. I'll edit this post with any other bugs I see.

EDIT: The "cast an iron anvil" reaction also doesn't seem to accept the 8 iron bars it needs to make the anvil. I had 8 iron bars, and tried to make one, and the iron bars just didn't show up on the list.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:34:40 am by Seriyu »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I've been having a good time with this mod, given the current limitations of adventurer mode, namely, huge menus. I can craft bricks to throw at people. :D

With that said, the create a forging hammer reaction lists a generic "toy" object, when I think you meant a forging hammer head "toy" specifically. Feel free to ignore this if you already know about it. I'll edit this post with any other bugs I see.

same with arrows. not that I complain, I just refrain from cheating creating arrow from not proper reagents. I guess it's hard to make reactions the way they are, as you can't just for example specify leather and have the product of the appropriate leather type

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Hah, I'm pleased to see my mod is serving another useful purpose.  One thing, though, if you're using the creature raws from the last version of WF I put up, they're missing a fair few changes that Toady made to the creatures for this version.  In the next few hours I'll put up an updated version with current creature raws.
Also known as Zuhayr.

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, looks like a rebuild will be in order.  I'll try to get it up and running asap. >:P