Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Angelashes 2.1 - UP FOR NEW MANAGEMENT  (Read 9042 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes II - 31.12 newbie succession fort (need players)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 11:54:29 pm »

I'll take Doren, Make him 5 Ambusher/2 Armor/2 Crossbow/1 Hammer!

Yup, goin' for the Marksdwarf/hunter type :P

EDIT: I'll take the next open turn please.

*cough*
I didn't forget you.
Time to start the journals
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes II - 31.12 newbie succession fort (need players)
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 11:59:43 pm »

Excerpts from the Diary of Maribel
OOC: My Init files replace the entire name with the Nickname. If they have one, that's all I'm calling them. Also I cancelled worldgen on the year 595.
1st Granite, 596
We're finally here, and it's damn hot.
Our hunter, Trooper, is really pissed off because we forgot to bring his crossbow
According to the maps, there are no elves anywhere near our location. Damn hippies couldn't take the heat.
There are also six skeletal chimpanzees, so it may be a good idea to set up a defense system as soon as possible.

16th Granite
One of the dogs was struck down by the chimpanzees today. we really need to get everyone inside fast. Hopefully the bastards can't open locked doors.

27th Granite
SHIT SKELETAL ELEPHANTS

and the Elephants killed everyone.

New embark time
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:06:42 am by lolghurt »
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes 2.1 - 31.12 newbie succession fort (need players)
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 12:34:51 am »

Excerpts from the Diary of Maribel, year 597
OOC: Take two. Embarked on a not sinister biome. There may not be flux. Also forgot to screenshot the new location. We're now in a cold area.
1st Granite
We're finally here, and it's damn cold. Should keep the food nice, though.

15th Slate
Things are starting to take shape. I've designated areas just behind the walls for later use.
No food stockpile yet, and all the loose rock will just be heaped into a pile.

Spoiler: main level (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: stockpiles/farm (click to show/hide)
Hopefully it's too cold for the goddamn elves.

I'm amazed that I can get about 300FPS in a 4x4 area with a stream on my computer. Hopefully FPS death won't occur.
This is a newbie fortress, not a storytelling fortress

18th Malachite
Migrants!
Hopefully there are few potash makers amongst them.

19th Limestone
More migrants!
Maybe I should start the military soon.

Dwarfs with numbers or professions as nicknames are NOT claimed, they are like that because the previous overlord couldn't be bothered to remember their name.

19th Sandstone
Trooper0102's lost/used up the last of his arrows.
the farms are almost up.

Spoiler: farms (click to show/hide)
Soon we will begin the trade of extremely valuable food. and rock crafts. MUGS APLENTY

17th Timber
Caravan's here. crafts workshop isn't up yet, neither are the farms.
I might have to resort to foul play to obtain supplies.
Thank Mishos they send idiots on the first caravan.

18th Obsidian
Haven't been able to write much this year. I've been spending most of my time updating the stockpiles. Hopefully I'll be done before the end of the year.
NYE, Obsidian
This record keeping, along with my work as farmer, is too time consuming. I'll have to give command of this fortress to someone else.

As Record Keeper, I must make note of everything that has happened this year.
The following things happened
2 Migrant waves, one of 5 and one of four
The dwarven diplomat left unhappy
No sign of the damn elves yet
We finally heard of what happened to last year's expedition. Apparently they were shredded to pieces by "Skelephants".

Layer 1 - Farms and Stockpiles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/URL]
Layer 2 - three shafts connecting layers 1 and 3
Layer 3 - Main Fortress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mass bedroom, Giant dining hall.
2 mason, mechanic and carpentry workshops

Save
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:41:11 am by lolghurt »

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 03:20:44 am »

Hey, put me in for a turn wherever is conveinent
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Brocktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 05:15:12 am »

Right, ill take fourth turn again.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 06:58:43 am »

Well, don't forget about me, I also want to take turn :<

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 08:20:05 am »

Would also like a turn.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 01:30:52 pm »

I just grabbed a copy of the save and will work on it this week, I have to do a little work today as well as keep on my HW (grrrr...calculus...)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 03:25:19 pm »

I want a piece of this action. Lemme have a turn (If, Armok willing, the fort still stands.)
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 05:20:40 pm »

1st GRANITE
Maribel informed me today that she would be stepping down as the leader of our colonization effort and that she wanted me to take her place.  While I would much rather design the buildings we would live in, I am not one to refuse when asked to help, so I have accepted.  I immediately began the removal of much stone above and below our workshops to facilitate more efficient storage of our raw materials and finished goods.  I also ordered the expansion of the workshop area, a kitchen beneath our dining hall for final stage food production and storage, animal pens near the kitchen, a landfill, and some pits dug to allow for a few plots of surface plants.

I have also begun toying with the idea of installing a type of climate control in our dining room using pumps to rapidly cycle water above our heads resulting in a fine shower of mist.  I love mist.

OOC:  Why is every stockpile either "food" or "not food" ???  dwarves currently have to walk all over the fort to get to our storage pens!  must change...

6th SLATE
Work is progressing on the new storage areas, and a massive cluster of magnetite and bituminous coal occupy the space for the raw materials.  I noticed that we are lacking any plant usable for the textile industry so I have asked that Trooper grab some plants while she is out hunting.  I hope that she is able to find some rope reeds...

15th SLATE
Some immigrants arrived today
1 child
1 lye maker
1 blacksmith
1 miner
1 carpenter
1 siege operator
1 surgeon
1 wood crafter
1 leather worker
1 bowyer
1 miller
1 weapon-smith
1 engraver
1 peasant
1 weaver
1 animal caretaker
1 herbalist
1 fish dissector
2 metalcrafters

Many of these immigrants will be assigned new jobs which will prove more useful in the future.  However, our new miller approached me and said with hushed tones "I know how to collect the armok damned threads from the stone once you start to dig for it."  If this dwarf truly knows how to extract that fabled blue metal, he could be useful indeed...

1st FELSITE
A woodcrafter took to a fey mood today, anyone attempting to use their craftdwarves shop will be berated intensely between their trips hunting for suitable materials...we are still unable to determine what they are creating exactly...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:10:44 pm by Xenos »
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 07:21:29 pm »

OOC:  Why is every stockpile either "food" or "not food" ???  dwarves currently have to walk all over the fort to get to our storage pens!  must change...
i was too lazy to designate proper stockpiles. Also, mass dump the stone and reclaim it in the quantum stockpile.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 07:35:16 pm »

Eh I am already about halfway done with the new stockpiles.  Fortunately, there is a massive magnetite cluster on the levels below the workshops (yup multilevel iron deposit.  Very convenient. ;D  EDIT:  There is limonite under the magnetite.  This is awesome...
Also, as a note to all future overlords, I highly recommend downloading dwarf foreman and using it to manage lumber harvesting, syrup, booze, flour, and quarry bush production.  It is also useful when making potash.  Just try it.  :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:37:23 pm by Xenos »
[DWARFINEERING]

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:32 pm »

12th MALACHITE
I just finished organizing our new militia's squads which still need to be manned, they only have had leaders assigned so far.  These squads are divided based on the weapons they will use.  Any dwarves who have skill in a given area will be assigned to that squad if they are not already assigned to an important job.  The marksdwarf squad will double as hunters to keep their skills honed.  Soon we will need to excavate a training room to instruct dwarves in armor usage.  Today some migrants were spotted cresting the hill to our east.  I will need to take note of these newcomers and their skills.

1 miner
1 peasant
1 carpenter
1 siege operator
1 fishery worker
1 animal trainer
2 children
1 thresher
1 planter

12th SANDSTONE
MORE migrants arrived today!  Just as well, we need more dwarves manning the farms, hauling stone, and smelting ores to prepare for our military.  We should begin exploratory mine shafts to discover the veins of copper and tin that the guild prospectors told us about...and if they happen to stumble across layers of flux stone, so much the better.  As iron is by far our most abundant ore, I suggest that my successor (I doubt I will continue on after the end of the year...I dislike this leadership.  I miss being able to design my buildings...) use it to produce our marksdwarves bolts.  Smelt bronze or steel to arm and clothe our military.

1 trapper
1 stone crafter
1 thresher
2 peasant
1 carpenter
1 clerk
1 jeweller
1 surgeon

13th SANDSTONE
The Sergeant of our macedwarf squad who had been possessed to build something recently finished his wonderous creation:  a platinum cage.  Our broker tells me that this cage alone is worth over a hundred thousand Urists.  If word of our newfound wealth reaches the mountain homes I fear even more will rush here attempting to get rich...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:59:04 pm by Xenos »
[DWARFINEERING]

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »

5th TIMBER
Today our Weaponsmith started screaming for everyone to stay away from the forge until he was finished with it.  I have noticed when dwarves start acting like this, they often will become extremely skilled in their craft.  I hope this is the case...

He has finished his legendary iron spear!  I will assign this to the sergeant of our speardwarf squad at once.

25th OBSIDIAN
...Another possession.  Eldritch utterances keep escaping this ones mouth.  occasionally we can make out a dwarven word for some material and we rush to ensure any are available if we can understand them.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:28:18 pm by Xenos »
[DWARFINEERING]

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 10:40:09 pm »

1st GRANITE

Im done.  Tiime to hand this off to the next leader...

OOC:
here is my save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=3181&f=Angelashes.zip
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8