Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Over - Mafia ULTRASUPERWIN! Toaster & Zathras ROXORZZ!!  (Read 22183 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Started - Day 1
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:59 pm »

Breadbocks, since forcing people to look at me doesn't work quite so hawtt in small games, I'm instead going to make sure everyone is forced to stay active.

Zathras:

1) Don't buddy me. You're like "GRAWR TOWN LOSES BECAUSE OF YOU" for days then the game starts and I'm suddenly "da man"? What changed?
2) Why would you ask Spade that? If he tells you how he scumslips it's totally null if he does those things. Same for how he plays scum.

0) Activity is the key. I approve.  8-P
1) Buddying withdrawn. You suck. 8-P
Seriously? well, you did make town lose the game the last time, but were wining it for town in BYOR5 (even as SK), which was fresh in my mind when I posted that, and you played a mean scum game in BYOR4... but all that is neither here nor there. It matters not.
2) Hrmm. Mostly to get him to talk. I've not played with him before, so anything he says will be useful. You undermine that by hijacking the question, so you do suck.
3) Spade, in addition to the prior, what are your estimated chances of Pandar being scum in this game? Do you think Ottofar would assign them strictly randomly or take into account past performance? Do you agree with Pandar that my previous questions were useless?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 09:53:16 pm »

I "hijacked" an opportunity for him to WIFOM :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 10:07:07 pm »

Umm. For me the game starting would be more than enough. We need to focus on the current game, not past games.

This is a correct statement.  Why do you not actually act on it?  You're only responding to questions and not pressing attacks of your own.

Zathras:  You're dipping into WIFOM there again by bringing in what the mod may or may not do.  You're setting traps for people to try to deflect suspicion off yourself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 10:39:08 pm »

Zathras:  You're dipping into WIFOM there again by bringing in what the mod may or may not do.  You're setting traps for people to try to deflect suspicion off yourself.

Yeah yeah... let the man talk, yes? We'll deal with my lame questions and such later if you wish, but let's hear Spade talk for a few paragraphs first, ok?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 11:38:18 pm »

Umm. For me the game starting would be more than enough. We need to focus on the current game, not past games.

This is a correct statement.  Why do you not actually act on it?  You're only responding to questions and not pressing attacks of your own.

I want to get a good look at Spade before I inadvertently cause VM1 all over again. The problem with getting into a situation like what happened last time is that if you attempt to back down, you get instantly pegged as scum for it, then scum get free trip to hammah.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 07:18:14 am »

3) Spade, in addition to the prior, what are your estimated chances of Pandar being scum in this game? Do you think Ottofar would assign them strictly randomly or take into account past performance? Do you agree with Pandar that my previous questions were useless?

I've only played in two games so far(Three if you count the alien one.)

I've also never played scum.
I don't think Otto would choose who he wants to be scum. I think he would roll for it.
I only think the questions asking about what scum would do were useless, if scum were to respond to that, do you really think they'd tell the truth?
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 08:14:39 am »

Yeah, the roles were assigned by random.org.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2010, 08:15:45 am »

I want to get a good look at Spade before I inadvertently cause VM1 all over again. The problem with getting into a situation like what happened last time is that if you attempt to back down, you get instantly pegged as scum for it, then scum get free trip to hammah.

Oh, so you're concerned about your image.  Gotcha.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2010, 03:50:23 pm »

Completely untrue. I don't want won fucking up again like they did before. That situation is unwinnable if both members of it are town. If you argue it out, one of you gets lynched, then vengekills the other who is town, thus losing, and if you step down, you get called scum for being willing to back down from your arguement, and get lynched, at which point you venge on the other arguer.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2010, 03:57:28 pm »

I don't think Otto would choose who he wants to be scum. I think he would roll for it.
I only think the questions asking about what scum would do were useless, if scum were to respond to that, do you really think they'd tell the truth?
Yeah, I also think he'd roll for it, but wanted to hear you say it (no offense, Ottofar). As to the other, of course I would expect the scum to either lie, which could be useful to see (bad liers can be caught this way), or not answer at all, as you just did.
...but yeah, they were not the best questions, just all that I could think of at the time.

That would be BMXVI & VM1, right? What did you learn from these? Which one did you like better & why? I also note you're trying to host your own game; what makes for good game balance, in your opinion?

On other things,
Toaster: From the current batch of players, who do you think plays the better scum game & why?
Pandar: I'll ask Toaster's question to Spade to you: would you prefer to be Godfather or Mafioso, & why?
Breadbocks: What do you think would be the optimal way to catch scum in this game?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 07:18:36 pm »

Zathras:  I think I've only see Pandar play scum out of this group, so I'd say him.  His town and scum game are pretty similar, I believe, and he's the most experienced.

Bread:  You said you wanted a good look at Spade.  He posted before your last post, and yet you neither attacked him nor questioned him further.  Did you get a good look?  If so, what does it say?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 07:50:03 pm »

Breadbocks: What do you think would be the optimal way to catch scum in this game?
Grr... Grammar errors aside, I think the best way to scumhunt would be rather unobtrusively, obviously. If you find that useless/unspecific, we need to poke hard at any possible scumtells, and check the reaction.

Bread:  You said you wanted a good look at Spade.  He posted before your last post, and yet you neither attacked him nor questioned him further.  Did you get a good look?  If so, what does it say?
GRRR.... Check your grammar before you post.

As for his recent post, I wasn't sure what to make of it. Here are the conclusions I've come to.

Question dodging. Nice. He asked you about Panda. First thing in the list. (-4 on scumscale)
I've also never played scum.
While that is true, how do we know you are counting this game? You speak in past tense, and from that I infer something has changed. Could just be a difficulty with grammar. English can be a bitch at times. (-2 on scumscale)
Nothing to be had here. Moving on.
Would you really think a veteran Mafia player wouldn't consider that? There is no doubt in my mind he had a plan for analyzing the results. (-1 on scumscale)

I give him a -8 on my scale, where -13 condemns them.

While Spade seems scummy to me, something tells me something is up with Panda. My vote stays. Panda, what say ye to this analysis?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 08:05:30 pm »

Grr... Grammar errors aside, I think the best way to scumhunt would be rather unobtrusively, obviously. If you find that useless/unspecific, we need to poke hard at any possible scumtells, and check the reaction.
Hmmm... You seem oddly touchy about grammar today, something that hasn't really bothered you before. Also, my parser checks fine on my statement. Where is this grammar error of which you speak? My parser also passes Toaster's line, so I assume the error is on your end of the line. Please elaborate.

As for his recent post, I wasn't sure what to make of it. Here are the conclusions I've come to.
[...]
I give him a -8 on my scale, where -13 condemns them.

While Spade seems scummy to me, something tells me something is up with Panda. My vote stays. Panda, what say ye to this analysis?
I find your analysis interesting -- you read into it more than I would have. Not that I necessarily agree, but interesting nonetheless. But I didn't mean to hijack the question. Pandar, what say ye, then?

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 08:23:06 pm »

Question dodging. Nice. He asked you about Panda. First thing in the list. (-4 on scumscale)
Actually, this is what I said about the chances:

I thought that would answer both of the first two questions.

Would you really think a veteran Mafia player wouldn't consider that? There is no doubt in my mind he had a plan for analyzing the results. (-1 on scumscale)

That's why he asked what was useless.

DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 08:39:55 pm »

My questions too, if you please.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8