Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the game be open or locked on twilight phase?

Open.
- 4 (57.1%)
Locked.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 22, 2010, 02:25:09 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 3 - Over, Mafia wins.  (Read 25551 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 3 - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2010, 10:04:59 pm »

(For the humourless, I clarify that the previous post was tongue-in-cheek and not necessarily correlated to game fact... but it would be really fun if that turned out to the scum team).

Pardon the interruption. Those responsible for the silliness have been sacked. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2010, 10:55:53 pm »

God damn it I lost my post. You get the short version:

Archangel, why are you attempting to direct towards the two players who are not me, you, or Zathras? Why are you screening Zathras by telling ToonyMan EVIDENCE OR DIE?

Not sure what else I was going to put in and lost. Blargh.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2010, 03:12:16 am »

Archangel, why are you attempting to direct towards the two players who are not me, you, or Zathras?
I am not. As the questions were aimed at you, why would I ask you to share your thoughts about yourself? Initially I was going to ask you about Zathras and ToonyMan, but then I decided that it would be better to ask about the person who has not been commented on as much, if at all. And finally, asking about myself would be rather self centred of me, to say nothing of scummy.
So, answer my question: What are your opinions on Janus and on ToonyMan?
Why are you screening Zathras by telling ToonyMan EVIDENCE OR DIE?
This has nothing to do with Zath. I did it because I felt that this method had the best chance to get Toony to actually post a coherent attack. Why are you defending him?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2010, 03:28:10 am »

Don't say attacking you is defending him. I'm pointing out how protective you are of Zathras. Saying "NO U" is not a valid response.

And I knew I was forgetting something. Toony strikes me as Townish but I wouldn't bet/vote on it because I can't read him very well. Janus is... well, he isn't up to his tits in scumtells like you and Zathras, so that counts for something.

Zathras, to answer the question I feel you desperately don't want me to ask, feels very, very scummy. I'm not going to indicate posts because Surreal Penguin Gunslinger is a pretty cool guy, eh acts on hunches and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm only avoiding voting because a quickhammer would greatly complicate things.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2010, 03:28:33 am »

Footenote: That's a theoretical quickhammer by scum or overzealous town.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2010, 04:08:30 am »

Don't say attacking you is defending him. I'm pointing out how protective you are of Zathras. Saying "NO U" is not a valid response.
Where am I protecting Zath? I decided against asking about him because I was thinking you'd already expressed your opinion on him, which you had not, in fact, done. I have not asked Zathras any questions, but that is only because I had none to ask him right now. (I just thought of one. See the bottom of this post)
This attack is incredibly feeble, built on air. Find something better or piss off.
And I knew I was forgetting something. Toony strikes me as Townish but I wouldn't bet/vote on it because I can't read him very well. Janus is... well, he isn't up to his tits in scumtells like you and Zathras, so that counts for something.

Zathras, to answer the question I feel you desperately don't want me to ask, feels very, very scummy. I'm not going to indicate posts because Surreal Penguin Gunslinger is a pretty cool guy, eh acts on hunches and doesn't afraid of anything.
Thank you for what you have shared, however I won't be satisfied until you give me a better answer in regards to Janus, and you provide a more in depth explanation of your suspicion of me and Zath.

Zathras, What is your opinion on Janus?

I apologize for the mildly poor quality of this post and my passiveness today. It's because I'm tired.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2010, 05:06:39 am »

Toony, give us a clear, through explanation as to why you think Zathras is scum, or die.

Obvious chainsaw is obvious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2010, 05:47:24 am »

Toony, give us a clear, through explanation as to why you think Zathras is scum, or die.

Obvious chainsaw is obvious.
I said that because it's ToonyMan. He does not normally bother to explain himself properly, at least without a lot poking and prodding. I thought that perhaps the threat of lynching would encourage him to properly back up his vote.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2010, 06:55:21 am »

Or perhaps you tried to defend your partner a little too enthusiastically and you're being called out on it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2010, 10:56:16 am »

Let's go through Zathras' history before I made my first post ingame, alright?

Random vote on Janus, you know the drill.
A fury of questions after the MOD (Ottofar) responds to him from the first question.  Let it be noted that not a single play has posted yet and he has questioned every player with random vote question, which isn't helpful.  Not many times does the random vote question win the game.  I think it's because he wants to seem like he's helping while staying on the higher ground of questioning.
Some fun non-serious chatter [:3] with a side of Gambler's Fallacy (I think he admits to doing it on purpose (fun!, but I don't recall.
Ridicolous post showing his faith in the Gambler's Fallacy, over eagerness in more questions towards Pandar.
Double posts telling everyone he's done posting for today.  Now this is important.  What I've noticed is when people play as Mafia they get anxious and therefore post a hell of a lot and don't want to make any mistakes.  So they tell everyone when they're leaving and etc.
Loves to double vote and double FoS people I see.  That's fine and all, but when I get there I'm getting there.  He even talks to the MOD some more, makes you seem involving right?
Now this is his first response to me.  In it he asks for evidence against most vote (of course), talks about us guys being no fun when he's probably being the most involved person here, and then he's a hypocrite by saying "I'm just town, don't lynch me."  When I've seen you do the same thing before.

Responding to the new posts since last time (with one post before because it's important).

I have a hunch that Toony is scum, but without his talking at all yet, how am I to validate it?
What can such a hunch be based off of? From whence is it originated?

From my gastric region, between my pylorus and duodenum. As hunches often do, it has no behavioural basis yet; it's just a hunch, a non-specific feeling that a proposition approximates reality without evidence to support it. Once conversation gets flowing, it'll be tested and supported or discarded based on evidence. But I mean, look at 'im; he must be scum. He even smells like scum.

...more coming up.
You have a ton of confidence in me being scum based on the area between your plyorus and duodenum.  You even expect more to be more scum by the "...more coming up" which either means you know I'll be doing something scummy in the future (hah) or you're doing an anti-town move, otherwise known as tunneling just to get someone lynched, you've been thinking I was scum beforehand, no?

I'm seeing a lot of puppies too, heh.  I don't know how that's relevant but I keep seeing it.

Starting here, again (counting other games) we see Zathras doing something moments ago which he considered anti-town and should be lynched for it.

Putting sentences in bold doesn't do much, I know you think I'm scum.  I wasn't here/there at the time to post anything.  By constantly posting the same garbage again you are just trying to get repetition on your side, which yes, is an anti-town move that makes people start believing your bullcrap.  If I don't respond to something you've said and I've posted after it you can kindly tell me something I've unwillingly missed.

Now hold on while I eat breakfast or else it'll get cold, hehe.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2010, 11:23:08 am »

Continuing...

You responded the same way hypocrite.

And that's it for Zathras as of now.

My other suspicion would fall before Archangel, who would work well with Zathras.  A nice foil to his involvement in this game.
After being called on defending Zathras by Pandarsenic he immediately "gets into character" and tries to find suspicions of Zathras, anything at all really.
Besides my believe everyone should be judged the same.  I find that I mostly explain myself, and anything else is a lie.  I know "always" is an absolute term so I'll go with "mostly".

So after all that crud (with some minor bacon distractions) I'm going to officially state that I believe the scum team is Zathras and Archangel.  I don't know who's godfather or whatever though.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2010, 02:14:42 pm »

Wow. Lots of stuff. Good. I'll go through your points and give opinions, however before I do so I will point out that a) you failed to substantiate your previous statement: "You find every person in this game scummy", and b) you failed to point out where I'm "sooper-defensive".

But let's go through your stuff. Pardon me if I compress it a bit.

- Random vote on Janus, you know the drill.
- A fury of questions after the MOD (Ottofar) responds to him from the first question.  Let it be noted that not a single play has posted yet and he has questioned every player with random vote question, which isn't helpful.  Not many times does the random vote question win the game.  I think it's because he wants to seem like he's helping while staying on the higher ground of questioning.
As I mentioned earlier, I generally toss questions to multiple people because I'm trying to get everyone talking and I need a read on four people, not one. And yes, I started a bit eagerly, but I had been jonesing for a game since PYS started, so I was happy to get the ball rolling.

Quote from: Toony
- Some fun non-serious chatter [:3] with a side of Gambler's Fallacy (I think he admits to doing it on purpose (fun!, but I don't recall. Ridicolous post showing his faith in the Gambler's Fallacy, over eagerness in more questions towards Pandar.
Yeah, this and the puppy vs. kitten stuff show that I enjoy the game, and enjoy enjoying myself when playing a game. I make no apologies, and sneer at you guys for failing to even chuckle. But to each his own.

- Double posts telling everyone he's done posting for today.  Now this is important.  What I've noticed is when people play as Mafia they get anxious and therefore post a hell of a lot and don't want to make any mistakes.  So they tell everyone when they're leaving and etc.
- Loves to double vote and double FoS people I see.  That's fine and all, but when I get there I'm getting there.  He even talks to the MOD some more, makes you seem involving right?
This by you is a scumtell? Flimsy one, since it boils down to "talkative dude is talkative", but whatever.

- Now this is his first response to me.  In it he asks for evidence against most vote (of course), talks about us guys being no fun when he's probably being the most involved person here, and then he's a hypocrite by saying "I'm just town, don't lynch me."  When I've seen you do the same thing before.
Of course you've seen it before. I even call it the "ToonyMan Defence". Here's where you've seen it:
I am town, hanging me wouldn't help at this rate.
... to say nothing of Pandar's "I am not". I don't see why you think it's hypocritical. But you are right: in that post I did ask you for evidence for your vote, something which you have not yet provided, at least in your original terms. But more on this later.

I have a hunch that Toony is scum, but without his talking at all yet, how am I to validate it?
What can such a hunch be based off of? From whence is it originated?
From my gastric region, between my pylorus and duodenum. As hunches often do, it has no behavioural basis yet; it's just a hunch, a non-specific feeling that a proposition approximates reality without evidence to support it. Once conversation gets flowing, it'll be tested and supported or discarded based on evidence. But I mean, look at 'im; he must be scum. He even smells like scum.
...more coming up.
You have a ton of confidence in me being scum based on the area between your plyorus and duodenum.  You even expect more to be more scum by the "...more coming up" which either means you know I'll be doing something scummy in the future (hah) or you're doing an anti-town move, otherwise known as tunneling just to get someone lynched, you've been thinking I was scum beforehand, no?

This is an interesting one. The "...more coming up" referred to my reply to Janus, which was long in the reading and typing, and didn't want him to think I was ignoring him; it had nothing to do with you.

But on the other, yes, I did have a hunch from the start that you were scum, based on nothing but a gut feel; I did expect you to act scummy subsequently, as that's what scum does, but I wasn't sure until you actually did. You'll notice that in that same paragraph it says "it'll be tested and supported or discarded based on evidence." If you hadn't acted scummily, it would have remained a hunch and eventually discarded when better targets appeared... but you came in and promptly stepped knee-deep in the shit, turning an initially baseless hunch into an actual vote based on evidence.

Tunneling, however, it is not. Tunneling is to focus on one person to the exclusion of all others. If you notice, I carried out my conversations and even scumhunting ater only posting a single one addressed only at you. I'm not tunneling, I'm just not letting you go on your flimsy excuses. Since you know full well what "Tunneling" means, being the experienced player that you are, you must know this is not tunneling, so you are intentionally stating an untruth to colour other's perceptions. Interesting.

Starting here, again (counting other games) we see Zathras doing something moments ago which he considered anti-town and should be lynched for it.
[...]You responded the same way hypocrite.
This is the Pandar/I exchange. I asked him to be useful. He responded with "Are you scum"; "No, you?", "I am not", "Glad that's cleared". Meh. I was humouring Pandar, and trying to get him to talk. I don't see it as anti-town; please back that up and tell me where I said that. It's not particularly useful, but I see it as Pandar's equivalent to my puppy silliness, and I (unlike you humourless goons) am happy to play along. But we got right to business after that.

Quote from: ToonyMan
Putting sentences in bold doesn't do much, I know you think I'm scum.  I wasn't here/there at the time to post anything.  By constantly posting the same garbage again you are just trying to get repetition on your side, which yes, is an anti-town move that makes people start believing your bullcrap.

I posted it in isolation and addressed to you so I would be sure you wouldn't miss it. The first time was in the middle of a long quote-heavy conversation with Janus, so you may have glossed over it without noticing it. It's not "constantly posting the same", it's calling your attention to it. Once.

So that's it for your post.
Quote from: ToonyMan
If I don't respond to something you've said and I've posted after it you can kindly tell me something I've unwillingly missed.
Certainly:
- You said "You find every person in this game scummy". You have failed to provide evidence for this. It is a lie, and your long post didn't either retract it or substantiate it. You are a liar. Or did I miss it?

Other than that, what is your rationale for voting me? I'll try and summarise your points against me so far, let me know if I missed any:
- I am talkative, started the game eagerly, and indulged in silliness. These I grant.
- I am hypocritical because I use your (and Pandar's) own words right back at you (or him). Bullshit.
- I had a hunch on you. I did, but didn't vote you until you did something scummy.
- You say I'm tunneling on you, which I'm not and you know it. Patently untrue.
- I insist you substantiate your arguments. This is called scumhunting, dude.

Is that it? Did I miss something? Do you think it's enough for a vote?

As for me, my vote stays on you, for patently lying twice, and mounting a disingenuous, dishonest, scummy defence. ToonyMan, you sir, are scum.

...more coming up (not about you, but my take on the Pandar/Archie exchange and pending answers thereof).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2010, 02:54:24 pm »

I did explain actually.  Read the post.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2010, 03:00:28 pm »

I did explain actually.  Read the post.
I did, very thoroughly I thought. Can you please quote the relevant portion?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2010, 03:01:45 pm »

Your first paragraph.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14