Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Angelashes 3.0 - not totally dead...yet?  (Read 6724 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: Angelashes 3.0 - not totally dead...yet?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 08:59:49 pm »

Skip me please.  I don't want to do anything like this anymore.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2010, 01:55:53 am »

Skip me please.  I don't want to do anything like this anymore.

Done.

Also if we make it to the end of the list i'm going to wrap it around again from Bremarv.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 06:45:26 pm »

Xenos, you might want to check in every few days in case Zrk2 doesn't notice it's his turn.

If possible, it'd be nice if everyone checked in every few days to see what's up, but at least the guys up to two ahead of the current turn definitely should.

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 07:05:21 pm »

You should send him a PM like I do in primeswords. Helps keep people informed.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2010, 03:43:17 pm »

Ok, it's my turn, I'm downloading it now and I don't have much to do this weekend. *Hilarity ensues*

Prepare for military mismanagement as I have not learned the new military screen well yet. If invaded I'll seal the gates and uh, what else? Wait some more? I'll post my first impressions in a few hours. I think I'm going to be out of my depth and that should be fun.

Zrk2
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2010, 03:59:01 pm »

Can you please post it as a .zip as I have discovered I can't extract .rar

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2010, 07:22:04 am »

Can you please post it as a .zip as I have discovered I can't extract .rar

I'm gonna go ahead and do that now, though you should really get 7zip, it's free and works on every compressed file type i've ever run into.

Edit: I totally and entirely forgot about that and just realized i hadn't done it, Here it is.. I'm going to add a day on to the week time limit sine i screwed it up.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:00:47 pm by Zaik »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2010, 06:14:16 pm »

Thank you, I downloaded it and installed it in a .16 folder but it would not show up when I loaded the game. Do I need to go download .12 or did I do something wrong and cause it not to work? Sorry I'm taking so long I plan to dive into it once I get it running. I have heard there is some updater I need to run, if there is please advise me on where to find it.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »

should be enough to extract to the df save folder. Think angelashes is running .12, but the save should also work in .16 without having to do anything.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »

Ok I got it to work. when I unzipped it there was a folder named angelashes inside the folder it displayed called angelashes. And nothing else. Why is it sooo spread out? And why the bronze? Here is my characters thoughts, i claimed the legendary weaponsmth as he appeared unclaimed and i can make him some ostantatious quarters. I will begin actually playing tomorrow. Should I be aware of anything important? Also in case of attack I have no idea what to do, this place is much too large. Not by pop, just HUGE.

From the diary of Zrk2, Emperor of the Damned, Beginning of his reign.

I have finally blackmailed those stuffy nobles and brain dead warriors into recognizing my dominance of this pit of despair. A little economic coercion by the main supplier of their wealth left them subservient quite quickly. Time to make this sprawling sprawly-thing work like a proper fortress. Let's get concentrated! And ridiculously wealthy on my part. These bum[kins have never heard of Machiavelli, and I intend to teach them the meaning of Machavellianism before I am through. Why are there so many doctors? That is a waste of resources. I shall re-educate them through labour! Also I need a gestapo to back me up and counter those soldiers. They call themselves militiamen but they are Armoks killing machines. Who to choose? Peasants will work quite well. Also there is some clownite that will make me some excellent statues. Strike the coffers!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2010, 03:00:49 pm »

Double post, oh well. Remember I have no idea how to use the new military screen. This journal entry should answer all your questions. I leave it up to you wether we want to abort my turn, give it to someone else to finish, or guarantee the destruction of the fort.

Journal of Zrk2, Emperor of the Damned, Sometime in Spring;

I have told the current manager to order a pile of iron made before i take her job permanently. Also I have had a massive room dug out to place all the workshops in as I cannot locate any of the ones already here. Also I ordered the Adamantine vein followed.

Journal of Zrk2, Emperor of the Damned, Sometime later in Spring;

I have breached Hell, the raving demons approach. They passed the point I wanted to wall off before I could have it sealed. I can hear their screams approaching. I, at least, will die in the true dwarven manner, screaming of mercy and sh***ing myself in fear. Machiavelli would be proud.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2010, 03:32:49 pm »

you should just restart from the latest save. one of the earliest players also pierced hell and had to restart.

as for military, if you just go into turtle mode you should not have to bother with the military at all and if you want to try them out I think training and equipment is already set up so that you can just order the squads around, but I am not sure.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2010, 04:37:34 pm »

Lol I did that too, i left a warning about it but honestly i dunno if i'd read through two whole seperate threads to get the full history first either.

Actually I would, but i might be a bit ocd about that type of thing.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2010, 05:28:26 pm »

I dunno, I think I'll just play out the whole hell thing for lols tonight and then maybe restart tomorrow. If I'm taking too long you guys could go on to the next player if you want.

Edit: There is no way I will finish this by the 13th
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:52:48 pm by Zrk2 »

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2010, 04:27:59 pm »

I dunno, I think I'll just play out the whole hell thing for lols tonight and then maybe restart tomorrow. If I'm taking too long you guys could go on to the next player if you want.

Edit: There is no way I will finish this by the 13th

If you just need a day or two that's fine. If you need like a lot of time or something, i can put you back in the list somewhere else conveinent and just let the Xenos play out the rest of your turn plus his, or restart from the other save.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6