Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4220 4221 [4222] 4223 4224 ... 10999

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13619957 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #63315 on: November 15, 2014, 09:19:13 am »

the more you know the less you have to worry about being teleported to a secondary household where a moleperson stuck in the walls will whisper that fish are the highest form of transferring electricity through distant landmasses as your toothbrush is being stealthily replaced with a macaroni and glue construct which is toothbrush shaped but shatters into tiny pastabits when used

i think that's a good plan

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63316 on: November 15, 2014, 09:40:57 am »

You know what made me WTF today? The above statement is technically true.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #63317 on: November 15, 2014, 10:26:23 am »

I slept twelve-fucking-hours, starting at 2 AM, today, for no discernible reason. Which, right now, amounts to basically waking up at dusk. What the hell, brain?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63318 on: November 15, 2014, 10:51:31 am »

So, then, bananas are potentially fatal. Gotcha.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #63319 on: November 15, 2014, 10:57:51 am »

At hospital. Using iPad while charging.
Dad tells me not to do it, because "the radiation from the charger can harm you."
???

What. Is he afraid of radios, too? And old-timey TVs worked by generating low-intensity X-freaking-rays to generate the image, apparently. What could a charger do?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63320 on: November 15, 2014, 11:02:52 am »

What could a charger do?
Freak out the unknowing paranoiacs?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63321 on: November 15, 2014, 11:04:41 am »

More importantly, why are you in the hospital?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63322 on: November 15, 2014, 11:15:24 am »

Ah, alright. That makes slightly more sense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63323 on: November 15, 2014, 12:11:20 pm »

I noticed a posting at work about a "Multicultural Thanksgiving". I should note that the guy in charge of Multicultural Affairs seems to think there's only two cultures in this world: traditional African culture, and white people. Anyway, below the posting is a menu of things served, and where to get them. Half of the list is traditional Thanksgiving stuff, served at the very cafeteria where I work(and would explain why the head cook has been extra bitchy lately). The other half is soul food at various restaurants around town.

...In my opinion, Thanksgiving isn't really much of a multicultural thing, at least not the way it's done in America. It's not even really a national thing, it's more of a regional thing celebrated by a bunch of European invaders who, after discovering that half of them weren't going to starve during the winter, decided they would eat most of the food right away while giving smallpox to the natives.

At hospital. Using iPad while charging.
Dad tells me not to do it, because "the radiation from the charger can harm you."
???

What. Is he afraid of radios, too? And old-timey TVs worked by generating low-intensity X-freaking-rays to generate the image, apparently. What could a charger do?
I'm pretty sure the radiation from the iPad is more harmful than the charger.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63324 on: November 15, 2014, 12:15:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure the radiation from the iPad is more harmful than the charger.
Which is, unless I'm mistaken, because the iPad intentionally creates so much radiation.

You know, so you can see what's happening on the screen.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63325 on: November 15, 2014, 12:42:07 pm »

then don't tell them what the sun causes :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #63326 on: November 15, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »

No see you are actually helping by having a screen emitting light! Light screen are equivalent to photon lasers at a lesser diffusion, and according to
Quote from: Crazy Person from a few pages back
To clean up radiation more effectively we could use a photon laser to decimate the waves inside it, spraying it over the area where there is radiation. This could be used in the lab too.
but because it's more diffuse it should be able to hit a larger area and clean up even more radiation! Right? Therefore using light emitting technology is the ultimate way to clean up radiation anywhere, which is obviously why Japan has so much of them because they had the nuclear bombs and meltdowns and stuff.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63327 on: November 15, 2014, 01:03:11 pm »

My dad apparently thinks that an aunt of mine is trying to set me up with her daughter, my first cousin.

Just...why? Why would that be your first thought, dad? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63328 on: November 15, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »

Are you royalty?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63329 on: November 15, 2014, 01:18:35 pm »

Is the aunt in question on his side of the family? Maybe he knows what to expect from her. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 4220 4221 [4222] 4223 4224 ... 10999