Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4654 4655 [4656] 4657 4658 ... 11000

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13622122 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69825 on: February 14, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »

Alternatively she was expecting a small, petite friend to come and answer the door, only to be greeted by a large, bedraggled man who immediately demands her friend's last name. Self-preservation instinct kicked in, and she panicked. :P

Ignoring size assumptions, yes, that makes a whole lot more sense in retrospect XD
I wouldn't want to share my friend's name either in that situation.  Hope she finds her!

I honestly feel a lot better about this now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69826 on: February 14, 2015, 03:00:10 pm »

Rolan7 confirmed for dorf? Do I finally have brethren on the forum?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69827 on: February 14, 2015, 04:56:52 pm »

I might count as two of your brethren, as long as we can do that without bisection. I kinda like the various functions performed by my lower body.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #69828 on: February 14, 2015, 05:07:05 pm »

I've begun reading The jackal of Nar. At first I thought it to be a fantasy version of the Afghanistan War. It even had a sort of Expy of Osama bin Laden who had studied in the fantasy equivalent of the West before becoming a religious fanatic.

Cue my WTF when I discovered that the book was published in 1999
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69829 on: February 14, 2015, 05:18:18 pm »

I might count as two of your brethren, as long as we can do that without bisection. I kinda like the various functions performed by my lower body.
heheheHEHEEHEHEHEHHEHEHH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69830 on: February 14, 2015, 05:26:16 pm »

I've begun reading The jackal of Nar. At first I thought it to be a fantasy version of the Afghanistan War. It even had a sort of Expy of Osama bin Laden who had studied in the fantasy equivalent of the West before becoming a religious fanatic.

Never heard of the book, but it may well have been intended as an allegory to the British occupation of Afghanistan or the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. Afghanistan gets taken over a lot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #69831 on: February 14, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »

Never heard of the book, but it may well have been intended as an allegory to the British occupation of Afghanistan or the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. Afghanistan gets taken over a lot.
We were funding Osama Bin Laden years before that book was written.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69832 on: February 14, 2015, 05:38:41 pm »

We were funding Osama Bin Laden years before that book was written.

While it's true that the US was funding Islamic resistance groups in the region, Osama was not part of any of those groups so far as is known.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #69833 on: February 14, 2015, 05:55:18 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:32:27 am by penguinofhonor »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69834 on: February 14, 2015, 05:58:23 pm »

I think I'm starting to see where the FATAL guys got some their ideas.
Gygax had a lot of terrible ideas. Like the Orb of Annihilation in the statue's mouth.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #69835 on: February 14, 2015, 06:03:21 pm »

I think I'm starting to see where the FATAL guys got some their ideas.
Wh-why can't the DM just decide what class of prostitute the party has met D:
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #69836 on: February 14, 2015, 06:05:39 pm »

Because I want to be able to look at the menu, squint, and say with quiet confidence that I want a saucy tart.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69837 on: February 14, 2015, 06:09:25 pm »

Gonna have to go with the wealthy procuress, myself.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #69838 on: February 14, 2015, 06:12:32 pm »

Ah, you have no taste. Saucy tart or wanton wench is the sweet spot. Go too far up the socio-economic scale and the harlots become less saucy and more aristocratic. It's a real mood killer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69839 on: February 14, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »

I want a satyr pimp.
But the nice thing about the table is that the DM isn't fully responsible for putting a "brazen strumpet" in front of the party and the ensuing madness.  He was just rolling on an encounter table!  Following the rules!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 4654 4655 [4656] 4657 4658 ... 11000