Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5430 5431 [5432] 5433 5434 ... 10999

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13607322 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81465 on: July 23, 2015, 05:06:31 pm »

Two of my friends are awesome and installed the operating system in vmware.  There's a collection of comics.  Half are stupid, half are making fun of jewish stereotypes, then there's this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's also a game where you try to get water from a stone by pressing spacebar.  Pressing spacebar doesn't make water.
And another where you're supposed to find the burning bush in a field.  The field has some bushes but none are on fire

f7 provides a random bible verse
shift-f6 provides a markov style generated sentence from god
f6 grants you release by crashing the system
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #81466 on: July 23, 2015, 05:07:29 pm »

That is amazing

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81467 on: July 23, 2015, 05:11:17 pm »

Do you follow RasPiCube on twitter?
Well technically it's less like a markov chain and more like randomly selecting words from a dictionary
it even shows you the current random seed for each word
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81468 on: July 23, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »

God sounds like the best chatbot in the universe, after bucket of course.

I miss bucket.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81469 on: July 23, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »

Thing that made me WTF: Happy thread going on butt-related tangents out of practically nowhere.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81470 on: July 23, 2015, 05:35:52 pm »

Shit, are miniatures ever expensive.

Five bucks for something that I then gotta go out and buy paint for so I can actually colour them in? And that's just for tiny ones. Anything bigger than a flash-drive is stupidly expensive.

I'd rather invest in a 3D printer or learn to make minis myself. All I want is a little birdy mini to use.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81471 on: July 23, 2015, 05:38:38 pm »

Do you follow RasPiCube on twitter?
Well technically it's less like a markov chain and more like randomly selecting words from a dictionary
it even shows you the current random seed for each word
I was only asking because I saw TempleOS retweeted by it. Nothing technical :P

Thing that made me WTF: Happy thread going on butt-related tangents out of practically nowhere.
Butts make me happy, at least.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81472 on: July 23, 2015, 05:39:36 pm »

Most consumer level 3d printers can't properly replicate a mini, though. You're better off becoming friends with someone who works in a company that uses high precision industrial 3d printers ones.

You can also make molds, I guess.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81473 on: July 23, 2015, 06:15:50 pm »

A carefully inserted anal intercourse reference can have miraculous effects.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81474 on: July 23, 2015, 06:27:06 pm »

You know... there is just something just so wrong about breasts that grow when someone breathes.

but I have to hand it to them... it is incredibly distracting >_< so I can't say their advertisements are ignorable.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81475 on: July 23, 2015, 06:31:30 pm »

Weirdest thing. Some of Brain Lord's soundtrack sounds a lot like some of La Mulana's. Not identical, but like they were made by the same person, or at least folks that knew each other. It's odd mostly because there's over a decade between the release of the two...

Definitely different composers, though, checking on it. Just some uncanny resemblance.

... also, uh, neo. That. A lot of people breath like that? It's a bit unhealthy, iirc, but fairly common. The upper chest can pretty easily move when you breath in.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81476 on: July 23, 2015, 06:33:41 pm »

You know... there is just something just so wrong about breasts that grow when someone breathes.

but I have to hand it to them... it is incredibly distracting >_< so I can't say their advertisements are ignorable.
What? How? Are they like part bird? Extra lung cavities?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81477 on: July 23, 2015, 06:34:53 pm »

Now this brings horrible memories of that one huge discussion on avian females on the starbound thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81478 on: July 23, 2015, 06:53:18 pm »

What? How? Are they like part bird? Extra lung cavities?
No, no. It's that thing where, when people breath, they only inflate part of their lungs or whatever, so their chest expands. The way that's apparently healthier is to breath fully from the diaphragm, which will make your stomach expand instead. Or something.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81479 on: July 23, 2015, 06:57:01 pm »

In completely unrelated news (although I'm just as confused as Eric Blank was by that, neon): If you are going to complain about something, you should make sure you are not complaining about your own property first, dangit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5430 5431 [5432] 5433 5434 ... 10999