Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 4 - Game Over - Town Wins  (Read 40198 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Vengeful Mafia 4 - Day 1
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 01:32:01 pm »

Why don't we just make this easy?

IronyOwl is scum.  Lynch him and we have a 50/50 chance of winning this right now.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 02:51:41 pm »

IronyOwl is scum.  Lynch him and we have a 50/50 chance of winning this right now.
Quiet you. That just happened all those other times.

Pandarsenic, which townie did you want to tunnel and be involved in a vengekill with this time?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 03:51:28 pm »

"Huh. If two of us are here to kill the rest... doesn't that mean that 3 of us are also here to kill the rest? Or do we not need to kill the two trying to kill us? Just find them, right?"

Anyways, *starts warming up a bit, stretches, throws a few punches*, okay, first game in god knows how long. Lets do this thing. Where doing this. Where making this happen.

Webadict, have you ever participated in one of these vengeful mafias before? What have you learned from them?
I have been in a total of 1 Vengeful Mafia game. It was on IRC, though, and I learned that people are very stupid.

Oh wait, my bad. I already knew that. How silly.

Also, please stop posting in purple. I don't wish to expel energy reading it. Post in italics for flavor, if you have to.

And was that your only question? Bah. I mean, watch answer me this:

You have a one-way ticket to a safe haven 500 yards away from here. Unfortunately, the bus is for is made out of polyester. And you really hate polyester. Instead, you must choose someone who will leave the game permanently. Who is it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 03:57:22 pm »

Also, why? I forgot to put that in.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 05:06:44 pm »

Quiet you. That just happened all those other times.

Pandarsenic, which townie did you want to tunnel and be involved in a vengekill with this time?

Whether or not this happens (p.s. fuck you) I won't think they're a townie at the time, so your argument is invalid.

But maybe Janus or Wuba. I don't believe I've raaaged at them yet.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 05:11:27 pm »

Unvote Pandarsenic.

GlyphGryph, it's "we're" not "where." Also, which players are you familiar with, and which are new to you?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »

I have been in a total of 1 Vengeful Mafia game. It was on IRC, though, and I learned that people are very stupid.

Sounds like a personal problem...

But maybe Janus or Wuba. I don't believe I've raaaged at them yet.

Missed your chance last round.

Unvote Pandarsenic.

GlyphGryph, it's "we're" not "where." Also, which players are you familiar with, and which are new to you?

Yep.  Definately scum.  You put your token random vote on your scum buddy and then back off immediately.  I see how it is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »

Unvote Pandarsenic.

Yep.  Definately scum.  You put your token random vote on your scum buddy and then back off immediately.  I see how it is.
I liked his answer. Did you not like his answer?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 05:30:11 pm »

Nope.  Not really.

Whether or not this happens
Statistically seems likely.

(p.s. fuck you)
Profane Pandarsenic is scummy Pandarsenic.

I won't think they're a townie at the time,
Nope, you'll know they are.  You already do.

so your argument is invalid.
Non sequitur.

But maybe Janus or Wuba.
Obviously not you, you're scum buddies.  Have to leave one townie out though to not be *too* obvious.

I don't believe I've raaaged at them yet.
You didn't at me, we've only been in one Vengeful.  Webadict hasn't played in one yet.  So... duh?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 05:38:19 pm »

Nope.  Not really.

Whether or not this happens
Statistically seems likely.
So what, he's scum for not accepting the inevitable?

(p.s. fuck you)
Profane Pandarsenic is scummy Pandarsenic.
Unvote GlyphGryph, Vote JanusTwoface. This is the least vitriolic I've seen Pandar in some time.

I won't think they're a townie at the time,
Nope, you'll know they are.  You already do.
Because he feels his track record might not hold and he is, in fact, Pandarsenic? Really?

so your argument is invalid.
Non sequitur.
Fair enough.

But maybe Janus or Wuba.
Obviously not you, you're scum buddies.  Have to leave one townie out though to not be *too* obvious.
WIFOM AHOY! Clearly he wouldn't pick one of his scumbuddies if he were because he is scum! In fact, he pretty much just confirmed the two he listed as town!

I don't believe I've raaaged at them yet.
You didn't at me, we've only been in one Vengeful.  Webadict hasn't played in one yet.  So... duh?
Are you accusing him of being scummy or just stating the obvious?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 07:00:21 pm »

Considering the hammers, I'm not so sure tossing votes around like their going out of style is the best plan...

Web, to answer your question: you. Every game we've been in or I've followed of yours, you've been scum or an early lynched non-scum. And not only do you have a habit of being scum, you have a habit of being scum that is very difficult to lynch. Also, the purple is there so you know you don't have to read it.

But despite that, I don't think your scum for the moment.

Quote from: Irony Owl
No, you're wrong. It's where. I forgive you though. Everyone makes mistakes. Anyways to answer your question - Everyone else in this game was around and active around the same time I was, but I've probably seen the least of you. So same question back at you.

Pandarsenic - I have to say, you're reading pretty scummy right now. Short answer, semi-meaningless response, no hunting of your own, and a piss-poor explanation. So here's my request for you, rather than question. Whatever your next post contains? Make sure there's a lot of it. 10 lines or so would be nice, but if that's beyond you, feel free to eke by with 5.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 07:23:18 pm »

GG opens with pointless flavor and a FoS on Wuba with a question of reasonable substance.
Janus immediately randomvotes IronyOwl.
IronyOwl dismisses Janus' No Substance with some No Substance, then IronyOwl IS A MEAN JERK WHO IS MEAN to me.
Wuba is arrogant. What a shock. He then asks a silly question to GG.
I answer THE MEAN JERK WHO IS MEAN and he unvotes me. He then votes GG and asks about Meta. Ewww, Meta.
Janus snarks at Wuba then accuses me of being the partner of a MEAN JERK WHO IS MEAN.
He hen herps and derps at my post.
Irony votes him for being derp.
GG points out maybe we shouldn't vote like mad in a game with 3-man hammers. Fair enough, despite the vengekill mechanic.

JanusTwoFace, why are you herping?
IronyOwl, are you also derping?

That is, more specifically:

Janus, do you really believe you've pegged me and IronyOwl as scum? If IronyOwl is
Yep.  Definately scum.
Is there some reason you are not voting him, if you're so certain? Or are you merely attempting to pressure him without so much as an FoS to apply actual pressure? And without asking him any questions?

IronyOwl, how sure are you that Janus is scum? Would you vengekill him if you were lynched?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 07:24:07 pm »

EBWOP: That last bit is not saying I think you should be lynched, it's a reference to my rule in this of "Don't vote them unless they're who you'd vengekill if lynched."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 07:51:35 pm »

Considering the hammers, I'm not so sure tossing votes around like their going out of style is the best plan...
Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.

IronyOwl, how sure are you that Janus is scum? Would you vengekill him if you were lynched?
He either has a peculiar way of pressuring me or is scum going for a lightning round. It seems a bit audacious to be the second, but pressuring someone by acting scummy is a terrible plan.

So yes, I'd vengekill him or whoever had helped vote me suspiciously.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »

GG opens with pointless flavor and a FoS on Wuba with a question of reasonable substance.
Janus immediately randomvotes IronyOwl.
IronyOwl dismisses Janus' No Substance with some No Substance, then IronyOwl IS A MEAN JERK WHO IS MEAN to me.
Wuba is arrogant. What a shock. He then asks a silly question to GG.
I answer THE MEAN JERK WHO IS MEAN and he unvotes me. He then votes GG and asks about Meta. Ewww, Meta.
Janus snarks at Wuba then accuses me of being the partner of a MEAN JERK WHO IS MEAN.
He hen herps and derps at my post.
Irony votes him for being derp.
GG points out maybe we shouldn't vote like mad in a game with 3-man hammers. Fair enough, despite the vengekill mechanic.
Stream of thought like this are generally too much to be useful to anyone else (except perhaps the bare minimum of use to you, I can't speak to that).

JanusTwoFace, why are you herping?
To draw out the scum.  I think it's working.

Is there some reason you are not voting him, if you're so certain? Or are you merely attempting to pressure him without so much as an FoS to apply actual pressure? And without asking him any questions?
... I am.  Both voting him and applying pressure.  Pay attention.  And how would asking questions be any better a method of applying pressure?  Any scum worth his salt knows all the proper answers...

He either has a peculiar way of pressuring me or is scum going for a lightning round. It seems a bit audacious to be the second, but pressuring someone by acting scummy is a terrible plan.
I'd assume that it is I to whom you refer as pressuring someone by acting scummy.  Prove it.  What have I done that's scummy?

Nothing you've done convinces me that you're not scum.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10