Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 4 - Game Over - Town Wins  (Read 40201 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 4 - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2010, 01:13:40 am »

We need a votecount.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2010, 08:51:28 am »

Quote from: IronyOwl
GlyphGryph, what is this intended to accomplish? You seem like scum eager for an excuse.
I'm calling his bluff is what I'm doing.

Quote from: IronyOwl
This is decent, but you don't seem to be particularly interested in doing anything. I'm not one to talk at the moment, but don't you want to do something other than lynch him? Ask him something, maybe?
I am interested in doing something. That being lynching scum. I've asked him to do plenty of things (mainly, you know, anything even approaching trying to find or even care about finding scum) and he's declined to do any of them. Asking questions isn't the only way to provoke responses that might reveal whether or not someone is scummy. Hell, just look at his last response!

But you may have a point. He seems to mostly be ignoring the things I'm saying at this point, so going back to questions may be a good idea. Mostly because it will  - at least then I might be able to get him to talk a little more.

Pandarsenic.
Why haven't you spent any time scumhunting? You claimed it was because you don't want to range, but you're an experienced player. Shouldn't you know how to scumhunt without raging?
Assume for the moment that you ARE scum - who, of the players so far, would you most want as your scumpartner? Who would you least want (other than myself)?
You said you thought I was the scummiest person here. Do you actually think i'm scum, though? Do you have any arguments, any evidence?

And why did you ignore the one question I had in my last post? It should have been fairly simple - if you responded to nothing else, you could have answered that, no?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2010, 09:01:41 am »

In no particular order:

What bluff?

Wintuition is when you just absolutely know that someone is scum, prior to defining any actual evidence. But you have to be right.
You also have to be me.

I have been scumhunting. Just more calmly. I've also been making sure to watch other players' interactions more closely.

Do I believe you're scum?

Yes. Not certain enough to hammer you (my confidence has been damaged by prior games...), thus asking for a votecount to make sure voting you would L-1 you and NOT hammer.

Why do I believe this? Most recently, because you got way too excited about the prospect of hammering me with the votes of myself, one other person, and you. That reeks of "Me and my partner eagerly await your next self-vote."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2010, 12:26:09 pm »

GlyphGryph, you still haven't explained why you think Janus is town and me and webadict are tied for scum. Don't tell me it's all wintuition.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2010, 12:40:58 pm »

Pardon me, I had some technical problems. Due to a blizzard. That is, electricity going on and off pretty randomly.

Votecount
GlyphGryph - IronyOwl (1)
IronyOwl - (0)
JanusTwoface - (0)
Pandarsenic - (0)
Webadict - (0)

Not voting: JanusTwoface, Pandarsenic, GlyphGryph, webadict

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2010, 02:23:44 pm »

webadict, who would you most want as a scum partner?

Pandarsenic, what was your take on the early Janus/Irony exchange?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2010, 04:36:59 pm »

GlyphGryph

IronyOwl: Well, Janus opened hard and fast against you from the RVS. He then claims your vote on me was a "token vote" (which we went over so not gonna bother mralgkhdjfing over it). You poke at each other a bit and- Wait a goddamn second.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69398.msg1698443#msg1698443

Why are you defending me so hard here, IronyOwl? You spent a whole post refuting what he said about me when his vote was on you.

Oh, then I derped and didn't realize Janus started the game with a vote on IronyOwl. Whoops.

So all in all, my opinion of this exchange rests largely upon your answers to this: What do you two think of each other now?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2010, 04:43:44 pm »

Why are you defending me so hard here, IronyOwl? You spent a whole post refuting what he said about me when his vote was on you.
Because his logic about you was terrible, and I was trying to figure out why. His vote on me also based largely on the notion that you were my scumbuddy.

So all in all, my opinion of this exchange rests largely upon your answers to this: What do you two think of each other now?
I get the feeling he's town that tried a scummy way of scumhunting. "Spout garbage and hope the pressure gets to them" is such a bad idea that I felt the need to press it further, but I think that conversation was just bogging things down.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2010, 05:07:26 pm »

I think Janus is likely town because of how big a target he painted on himself. He may be scum, but if he is he's stupid scum, and so far he reads town to me. Thus, IronyOwl and Webadict end up in the middle.

Pandarsenic, care to answer the scumbuddy question?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 07:34:58 pm »

Ah, missed that.

If I were the Godfather, I'd want a Mafioso who can support me subtly or draw a ton of attention to him and someone else. I'd least want someone who transparently defends me.

If I were the Mafioso, I'd want a Godfather who can either not get attention called, or who gets attention called then gets someone else lynched and is venge'd instead of lynched. I'd least want someone who GETS himself lynched.

Oh hey I left this in ready-to-post form and never submitted it for an hour.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:28 pm »

webadict, who would you most want as a scum partner?

Pandarsenic, what was your take on the early Janus/Irony exchange?
Preferably Janus. Maybe you. Pandarsenic is fairly obvious as scum and I've never really seen Glyphgryph play, so I can't say.

You did pretty well in one of the BYOR's though, and Janus managed to trick everyone last round.

I'm sorry guys. I'm really busy right now, and I have to finish this really big project to pass. I will, however, be able to play after Tuesday. Again, sorry. Feel free to ask me question and what-not, but I won't be too active.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:24 am »

When I first backed down, I'd say 95% town. That's fallen to about 85% town now (very roughly). But that's still far more certain than I am about you or GlyphGryph. Or webadict for that matter.

I get the feeling he's town that tried a scummy way of scumhunting. "Spout garbage and hope the pressure gets to them" is such a bad idea that I felt the need to press it further, but I think that conversation was just bogging things down.
I (think (hope (meh?)) that I) got what I wanted out of it, so I'd be more than happy to never speak of it again. :-\

GlyphGryph. You are at L-1 right now. I'm certain of my own alignment, relatively certain of IronyOwl's, and hoping I'm not wrong about webadict's. Which would make you and Pandarsenic scum.

If you were hammered right now, what you would you do?  (Three answers, one each for me, webadict, and yourself hammering. Yes, I'm asking about selfhammering.)

No, I'm not going to hold you to your answer (not that I could). Yes, you should definately take this post as meaning that I am giving you one last post to determine if I think you are actually scummy enough to hammer.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2010, 08:41:17 am »

I would vengekill pandarsenic. I'm certain he's scum at this point. It doesn't really matter who hammers me - I've not exactly been spending much effort trying to make myself look town, and that may have been a mistake in a game this small where a mislynch is so costly. But it means that it would be understandable for someone to hammer me thinking I'm scum. I don't think it would be a particularly scummy thing to do. Maybe, depending on how it was done, I might change my mind (no explanation, no final volley, no argument, just hammer, that would be pretty damn scummy) but overall, I'd vengekill pandarsenic.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2010, 05:35:20 pm »

I would vengekill pandarsenic. I'm certain he's scum at this point. It doesn't really matter who hammers me - I've not exactly been spending much effort trying to make myself look town, and that may have been a mistake in a game this small where a mislynch is so costly. But it means that it would be understandable for someone to hammer me thinking I'm scum. I don't think it would be a particularly scummy thing to do. Maybe, depending on how it was done, I might change my mind (no explanation, no final volley, no argument, just hammer, that would be pretty damn scummy) but overall, I'd vengekill pandarsenic.
Before I try my best not to log on this weekend, I figured I'd give a little overview of what I think.

I think we should lynch Glyphgryph. Not only will it allow him to be dead for tomorrow, but if he's town, it'll allow Pandarsenic to be dead tomorrow as well. If he is scum, we should lynch Pandarsenic tomorrow. Assuming Glyph isn't the Godfather.

For some reason, Glyph and Pandarsenic have been acting odd. Pandarsenic was rather quiet to start off with and he hasn't gotten fired up like he usually does. Glyphgryph, however, hasn't contributed much of anything, and as far as I can tell, he seems to have jumped on Pandarsenic near the end here as some sort of bus, especially with the weird stunt Pandarsenic pulled.

However, feel free to wait until Tuesday for me before you lynch Glyphgryph. I thinking about other things at the moment.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »

I think we should lynch Glyphgryph. Not only will it allow him to be dead for tomorrow, but if he's town, it'll allow Pandarsenic to be dead tomorrow as well. If he is scum, we should lynch Pandarsenic tomorrow. Assuming Glyph isn't the Godfather.
Then why didn't you?  ...

GlyphGryph. I think you're bluffing. If not, I hope you choose well.

That'd be hammer. Reveal yourself.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10