Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 232479 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 4 is shadow and light
« Reply #810 on: December 03, 2010, 04:36:48 pm »

Fine.  I have no problem with a mass claim.  I have nothing to hide.  It may help finding the scum.
I am an observant guard.
I protected Jim N1 and N2, since I was most sure of him being town then, and N2 I was fairly sure of Zathras blocking me, so it didn't matter too much anyway.  N3 I protected Zathras, since I was almost sure he was town, and hoped that my confirmation of him being warden would mean that innocent looking enough to be worth nking.  He may have been, the dopps didn't get a kill tonight.

I believe Zathras's claim, since I know he's a warden and almost certainly town.  Argembarger, explain right now why you shouldn't be hung for this.

At first I didn't believe Leaf's claim, since it came conveniently after a dopp guardian was revealed, so I thought that he was trying protect against the exterminator killing him, claiming to be a survivor, to live one more night.
But now that Zathras has claimed that Argembarger is scum, and Webadict flipped scum tonight, I no longer think that Leaf is lying, since there aren't enough scum left to account for that.

But wait, how did MBP die again?  That wasn't some sort of protection, was it?  If it wasn't, then wasn't the flavor for the damage exty, and so that was a kill by an exty bot?  Or was that just how it is for all aliens?
This flavor has so many details, and every one is so essential.

But it doesn't matter if we lynch exty or dopp tonight, we take out a nk either way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 03, 2010, 04:50:05 pm »

Here's my claim vote:  I'm a Detective.

N1: Kamina- he's telling the truth.
N2: Zathras- he's telling the truth.
N3: Dariush- he's telling the truth.

I'm low on time, but I say Argembarger should hang- I looked over overnight and he was my top choice, and Zath's claim pretty much nails it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #812 on: December 03, 2010, 05:03:57 pm »

Public mass claim it is then apparently. Shiny.

Jim Groovester and Argembarger, we still need your claims.

Once they're in, I have a nice table to post.  Including one bit of useful information that I'm withholding until the last two claims are in. I'll explain then.

At first I didn't believe Leaf's claim, since it came conveniently after a dopp guardian was revealed, so I thought that he was trying protect against the exterminator killing him, claiming to be a survivor, to live one more night.
What Dopp Guardian?  There was the potential for that (still is for that matter), but the most damning evidence (catching a lie) never appeared. 

But wait, how did MBP die again?  That wasn't some sort of protection, was it?  If it wasn't, then wasn't the flavor for the damage exty, and so that was a kill by an exty bot?  Or was that just how it is for all aliens?

The window itself is melted, a fist-sized hole letting light in through the charred glass.
This part makes me think 'Alien'

Heat still radiates from the glass and the smell of charred flesh fills the air.
He groans slightly, and you see a finger twitch.
These make me think 'morning kill' (Assassin Bot being the only thing that does that right now)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 03, 2010, 05:06:43 pm »

I have the worst role in all of Paranormal. I am a Townsperson, and I am also a Kook.

I'm sure you all have questions. Let's get them over with.

If there was indeed no dopp kill, then I can confidently account for it: I blocked Argembarger last night. Arg, care to say anything about that?

Yep, this pretty much clinches it.

Argembarger.

N3 I protected Zathras, since I was almost sure he was town, and hoped that my confirmation of him being warden would mean that innocent looking enough to be worth nking.  He may have been, the dopps didn't get a kill tonight.

That's not how Guard protects work. If Zathras was targeted for a night kill, you would be dead. You give up your life in exchange for his.

I assume it's general alien Assassin Bot. Plasma beams and charring stuff is alien technology at work.

MBP wasn't protecting anyone because he died in his home.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:25 pm »

What Dopp Guardian?  There was the potential for that (still is for that matter), but the most damning evidence (catching a lie) never appeared. 
Otto was a dopp guardian.
That's not how Guard protects work. If Zathras was targeted for a night kill, you would be dead. You give up your life in exchange for his.
I know that.  I meant they may have still tried to kill him, but they were blocked tonight by his warden power.
This part makes me think 'Alien'
These make me think 'morning kill' (Assassin Bot being the only thing that does that right now)
I assume it's general alien Assassin Bot. Plasma beams and charring stuff is alien technology at work.

MBP wasn't protecting anyone because he died in his home.
Ok.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #815 on: December 03, 2010, 05:25:11 pm »

Public mass claim it is then apparently. Shiny.

Jim Groovester and Argembarger, we still need your claims.

It has been an hour and a half since the day has started.

I am still at work. Jegus, man.

But fine, I'm a Vengeful Guard.
N1, Eduren protected Zathras.
N2, I protected Jim.
N3, I was blocked. Chains flavor.

Also, Jim is lying. He is the exterminator, and he will win this game if not stopped.

There. I went out of my way to post, again, at work. I'm a goddamn slacker, I really should stop playing mafia on the clock.

I will post later, when I am home.

ALSO: For the record, what I meant when I said JTF, Leaf, or Dariush should start the mass claim, is...

Actually, do you even know what popcorn style is? It's when one person claims, then states who should claim next. This continues until everyone has claimed.

What I meant is that you, Leaf or Dariush should state who claims first. Not claim. Gah.

Anyway, Be Back Later, Okay.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #816 on: December 03, 2010, 05:34:04 pm »

Otto was a dopp guardian.
Oooof course he was...

I just read Dopp and stopped.  At least that clears up the missing Guardian from yesterday.  I feel silly now.

It has been an hour and a half since the day has started.

I am still at work. Jegus, man.
I'm sorry if that came out sounding harsh.  I didn't mean it too.  I was just saying that I had all of the information except the two of yours.

N3, I was blocked. Chains flavor.
For the sake of completeness, who did you target N3?

Actually, do you even know what popcorn style is? It's when one person claims, then states who should claim next. This continues until everyone has claimed.
Huh. No, I've never heard of that. Makes a little more sense now.

I'll post a full list of what I have in just a bit.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 03, 2010, 05:41:26 pm »

Yeah.  A "fresh corpse" seriously implies a morningkill, and the burning flavour probably just shows it was an alien.

Argembarger.  The chance that Zathras blocked you last night seems the greatest.  And, well, at this point, I just want the last couple of scum to die as quickly as possible.

...Although, actually, another possibility occurs to me.  What if the dopps hit the exterminator last night?  Well, if that's the case, the exty should die soon anyway.

Now, for the town's general tactic: go the cheap route.  Toaster should detectivise people to confirm their roles.  Kamina should guard him (if Toaster dies anyway, we know Kamina's scum).  Zathras can block lock everyone else.

I think JanusTwoFace is actually now a confirmed townie.  Toaster has said that Dariush is an Agent Operative (a town only role).  Dariush has said that Jim has been scanned as town.  In order for Janus to be scum, all three of them would need to be on the same scum team - and, the largest team we could possibly have has only 2 people on.  As such, he could probably coordinate the town.

Also, one more thing: I didn't fully claim last night.  I also have a mind shield.  Yeah, sucks.  On the other hand, we have a dectective, so it shouldn't matter too much.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #818 on: December 03, 2010, 05:45:41 pm »

Now that everyone has claimed, the one extra bit of information that I had is that Dariush claims to have used his Stun Orb on Webadict last night.

Which means that are two perfectly logical explination for what happened, and I'm actually leaning strongly towards the Webadict theory.  Everyone else (except Jim) has an active role so using the Leader to make the night kills makes sense.

Argembarger definately could still be scum, but it's not certain.

Spoiler: What I know (click to show/hide)

If anything's wrong or if I missed anything let me know.

I'm working through all of the different likely possibilities, but that's going to take a bit.  I'll be back in a while.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 03, 2010, 05:54:26 pm »

Uh, 2 errors from my bit: I was actually shielded from an exterminator kill on night 2.  And I have a natural mindshield.

The thing I can immediately see is that out of the 8 remaining players:

- Janus is basically confirmed.  He can't be the exterminator.
- Zathras has used the chains flavour.  He can't be the exterminator.
- Kaminasquirtle has been detective'd AND wardened.  He's pretty unlikely as the exterminator (although with a combination of operatives, modulator and advanced mind shield, I guess it could happen).
- Argembarger has been wardened.  He's pretty unlikely as the exterminator (and he's probably dying today anyway).
- Dariush has been detected.  Well, it's still possible, but I'd say unlikely once again.

This leaves me, Jim and Toaster.  Toaster, please start investigating us.  It'd actually make more sense to investigate one of us twice to prevent the modulator.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #820 on: December 03, 2010, 06:42:54 pm »

Tonight I had attempted to protect JanusTwoFace.

Now then, here is my solemn pledge. I am going to be frantically doing a physics assignment until 9:00 PM EST. (finals week starts monday, I'm freaking out a bit about that). After that, next time you see me online, know ye this: I will be actively typing out my conclusions regarding the Exterminator and the remaining dopp.

However much minuscule weight my words and ideas have at this point, being such a new player, let alone such a highly suspected one, I nevertheless feel it necessary to express them.

I apologize that I cannot do this right now, but my grades are important to me.
I can see it now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 03, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »

Why'd you pick the targets you did? What were your reasons?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 04, 2010, 12:06:24 am »

Right, more detail.

The Argembarger case is first up, since I had said I'd deliver on him.

Exhibits A through D:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1758899#msg1758899
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1760057#msg1760057
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1762867#msg1762867
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1764706#msg1764706

A is day three.  After several people point out he's active lurking, he flips his lid at Janus; a complete change of tactics.  By the time post B rolls around, he's deflated off his baseless attack and gone back to whack-a-lurker.  C shows me calling him out for a scummy move.   The D part is below his slash marker.  He's backing off an earlier suspicion for a weak reason, and follows it up with idle speculation.

The Webadict block takes him back from almost certain scum to likely scum, though.  It'd be silly for a dopp other than the leader to be doing the kills, as another power role (especially a guard role in an exterminator situation) should be doing its thing.

If Argem *isn't* dopp, then it's Kamina, mostly by process of elimination.  I don't see that as very likely, though.

I'm going to be gone this weekend, so this is probably my last post until Sunday night, just FYI.  I'll round up weekend issues then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 04, 2010, 05:50:52 am »

I think JanusTwoFace is actually now a confirmed townie.  Toaster has said that Dariush is an Agent Operative (a town only role).  Dariush has said that Jim has been scanned as town.  In order for Janus to be scum, all three of them would need to be on the same scum team - and, the largest team we could possibly have has only 2 people on.  As such, he could probably coordinate the town.
I didn't say that Jim was scanned, it was JTF.

Personally I suspect Jim but considering the majority's vote on Argembarger I doubt that counts for much. I came to that conclusion is because everyone except Argembarget and Jim has been verified (in order for Kamina to be scum, he needs to be on the same team as Toaster, which is impossible, even though his behavior is highly suspicious) and Jim is the one who hasn't put up any defense whatsoever.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #824 on: December 04, 2010, 01:47:48 pm »

Alright then.

Why'd you pick the targets you did? What were your reasons?

Dunno what Eduren's motives were. I can only speculate, but it doesn't seem all that important to me. It could have just been a random block for all I know, or maybe Eduren knew something about Zath at the time.
Day 2, I replaced in. As much as I hate to play the noob card here, I was kind of overwhelmed by the complexity of what was going on, and when Night 1 came around, I just latched on to the person who I was most certain of being town at the time, which was Jim. He was very aggressively attacking people, and I just figured he was likely to be targeted.
Day 3.
Schemey potential plan:
Dariush can verify my alignment if we can verify his role and we seem to have at least one Guardian about (although they might be a dopp).
After my initial misadventures in attacking JTF, once I saw his plan described, protecting him seemed the right thing to do. Dariush getting killed would have confirmed that JTF was telling the truth. But JTF getting killed would have led us nowhere.
Of course, I got blocked, but hey, that all ended up working out for the best, since neither of them died.

The simultaneous blocking of me and lack of a dopp kill is extremely unfortunate, but remember that Webadict was stunned, so Webadict was most likely handling their kill tonight, which is rational as he is the Dopp Leader.

In case of the off chance that I don't actually get lynched today, you guys obviously can make use of my services as a vengeful guard. Protect a townie, and if they get attacked, you'll have a dead Dopp or Exterminator (barring a plasma bomb or advanced targeting system) AND you'll know for sure what I am since I'll die too. Probably not the best plan, but hey, it's an option.

So, anyway, here are my thoughts, for those who care:

Zathras: Double-confirmed doubleplusgood Psychic Warden. Next.

Dariush and Toaster basically confirmed each other. Alright, I see no reason not to believe them, moving on.

JanusTwoFace: Confirmed via Dariush, as per his plan. Since Dariush and Toaster confirmed each other, this can be believed.

Leafsnail: It's pretty likely his claim is true. Dunno why a survivor would lie about being a survivor. Seems like something you'd only admit out of desperation.

Brings things down to Jim, Kamina and me. Why was Webadict targeted by the Exterminator last night? Beyond the obvious Dopps-and-Exterminators-hate-each-other. Dariush proving himself to be the Agent Operative threw Web's argument off the tracks, but we cannot negate Web's points just because he flipped Dopp, because Dopps and Exterminators are enemies.

No, Webadict was on the right track, he just had the wrong target. The Exterminator knew this. The Exterminator needed Web gone.

Jim claiming Kook is inconsequential. Toaster won't get the chance to investigate him anyway. Kamina won't protect him if he actually wants to live, and Toaster will turn up dead tomorrow.

My solution: Lynch Jim, investigate Kamina. I'll protect Toaster, and because I'm vengeful and will actually kill whoever attacks him, we can kill (if Toaster is attacked) or confirm (once Toaster reveals his investigation) scum tonight, and you'll know I'm telling the truth.
I can see it now.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66