Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 232436 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2010, 10:20:24 am »

Spectroscopy for now, ill be better off later

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2010, 11:17:23 am »

I went back and reread the thread to build my case on Kamina.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1703375#msg1703375
This post is the best example of his early game- high levels of aggression that went several directions.  It was not sustained and eventually ran out.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1703511#msg1703511
Very early defeatism.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1704085#msg1704085
His initial aggression gone, he switches to lurker smacking.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1704592#msg1704592
This post of mine summaries my issue with the Web votes involving us.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1704958#msg1704958
Parroting.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1709313#msg1709313
Continued lack of originality, as well as...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1728420#msg1728420
...an urge to please me.  See my commentary there on his post right before the one linked.

Overall, a history of scummy actions leads me to conclude you must be scum.

MBP:  If I had another vote, it'd be on you.

Zathras:  Ironically, Captain LurkerKiller has been on the forum since the day started, and has yet to post.  Where are you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 18, 2010, 12:38:51 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail
KaminaSquirtle: Ottofar, Toaster
Leafsnail: KaminaSquirtle
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester
Ottofar: JanusTwoface, webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 18, 2010, 01:10:35 pm »

Hey, Janus, what alignment are you?
Town.  And yourself?
Town.  Interesting response though, considering you haven't tried to build any kind of case against me, and have just made very vague accusations so you don't have to reply properly.

Why so anxious to declare me scum before the day really starts, Leafsnail?  It looks to me like you're doing exactly the same thing you found so scummy in JTF.
Blatant OMGUS is blatant.

I don't like how you've locked on to me and Janus.  It's like an excuse to not contribute to the rest of the game.
I will keep voting scum until they die.  Simple as that.

You got anything... stronger? I don't find it particularly compelling that he's not denying it, since he's also asking you why.
Look back to the constant waffling on day one (for instance, his posts that take up 2 pages on a word document but don't say a single word about who's scum) and an obsession with lurkers and policy lynches (which he later contradicted himself by claiming it was a "scumvote").

Look, I'm getting tired of explaining this.  Leaf has done pretty much nothing but attack me and now JTF a bit.  I don't like that's he's attacking me, but that certainly doesn't look scummy.  It's the lack of any contribution on anything else that looks scummy.  I'd like to see more from him in other areas.
If I get you two lynched, that's half of the dopps gone right there.  What's more, with you dead and confirmed scum, it will be easier to find your partners.  I don't need to focus on anything else until that gets done.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 18, 2010, 02:24:44 pm »

Web, electricity. I think it's fixed now.

Kamina for now. I'll consider Janus tomorrow, or if I have time, today.

I'll be back in two hours, if I'll.

And of course, the all important question, why? Because I really don't like how you're dropping in here and voting without reasons. Maybe you're voting along with other people? Well, I don't like their reasons either.

You got anything... stronger? I don't find it particularly compelling that he's not denying it, since he's also asking you why.
Look back to the constant waffling on day one (for instance, his posts that take up 2 pages on a word document but don't say a single word about who's scum) and an obsession with lurkers and policy lynches (which he later contradicted himself by claiming it was a "scumvote").

And what if I don't wanna and I'd rather have you link me because I'm lazy? It's your argument. Point me to the evidence.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2010, 02:26:53 pm »

Unvote.
Well, I don't even care about being lynched anymore.  Lynch me then.  Just make sure to look over my posts when I die.

Web, electricity. I think it's fixed now.

Kamina for now. I'll consider Janus tomorrow, or if I have time, today.

I'll be back in two hours, if I'll.
You've contributed nothing this entire game, Ottofar.  Would you care to start now?  Or are you happy to only come out and vote once in a while, with no argument to back it up?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2010, 02:52:52 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1708509#msg1708509

There's one of Janus's huge walls of NOTHING.  It's like staring into the abyss.

Unvote.
Well, I don't even care about being lynched anymore.  Lynch me then.  Just make sure to look over my posts when I die.
"Hey, if I unvote (without giving any reason why, or explaining why he's suddenly not scum), maybe he'll leave me alone?

Nah, that won't be enough... I know, I'll make an extremely halfassed attempt to look like a townie giving up (in spite of having only 2 votes on me)."

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 18, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »

"Hey, if I unvote (without giving any reason why, or explaining why he's suddenly not scum), maybe he'll leave me alone?

Nah, that won't be enough... I know, I'll make an extremely halfassed attempt to look like a townie giving up (in spite of having only 2 votes on me)."
Nope, I never said I'm giving up.  I said I don't care if you really want to vote, and, ultimately lynch me.  I'm not going to make an effort to stop that.  I didn't say I would stop trying to find scum.

I'm still not sure you're not scum, but I find Ottofar to be more scummy.  Assuming your reasons are similar to Toaster's, I can see how you're convinced by them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 18, 2010, 03:05:10 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69553.msg1708509#msg1708509

There's one of Janus's huge walls of NOTHING.  It's like staring into the abyss.

It's funny how you link to one of your own posts.

JTF does stuff like that all the time. He responds to a lot of stuff and quotes it for context. I'm really not seeing anything out of the ordinary coming from him.

But eh, you've prompted a read through of him. I'll take a look at his posts.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 18, 2010, 03:35:06 pm »

Nope, I never said I'm giving up.  I said I don't care if you really want to vote, and, ultimately lynch me.  I'm not going to make an effort to stop that.  I didn't say I would stop trying to find scum.
So, I'm guessing someone on the scumchat told you you're being overdefensive.  Got it.

Interestingly, "I don't care about being lynched anymore" is the only reason given for unvoting me.

It's funny how you link to one of your own posts.

JTF does stuff like that all the time. He responds to a lot of stuff and quotes it for context. I'm really not seeing anything out of the ordinary coming from him.

It's my post about his wall of nothing.  And he does do it a lot, but he doesn't usually post a page of useless crap and then give FoS's and votes exclusively to lurkers and policy lynch targets.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 18, 2010, 03:39:14 pm »

Interestingly, "I don't care about being lynched anymore" is the only reason given for unvoting me.
See here:
I'm still not sure you're not scum, but I find Ottofar to be more scummy.  Assuming your reasons are similar to Toaster's, I can see how you're convinced by them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 18, 2010, 03:45:59 pm »

Kamina:  That reason came after the fact, where Leaf's already called you on no reason to unvote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 18, 2010, 04:06:33 pm »

And on a brief read through I still don't see any of Leafsnail's arguments.

Mr.Person & Zathras, come on, get your sorry hypocritical lurking asses in here.

In addition to my previous question, I want to know what you make of webadict's Day 2 play so far.

And Mish, you're still around, aren't you? What do you have for us today?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #418 on: November 18, 2010, 04:13:10 pm »

Thursday are 9am to 9pm busy.  I'll post tonight.

(If I don't, then you can lynch me for hypocrisy.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 18, 2010, 05:05:38 pm »

MBP:
Quote from: Mysteriousbluepuppet link=topic=69553.msg1727793#msg1727793
Heh, not doing anything is pretty much my hat these last week. I'm not a professionnal in any kind of way, and i havent yet read the last 6 page or so.Ill be back once it,s done
Spectroscopy for now, ill be better off later

Utterly useless, and again promising content and failing to deliver. You are completely scummy and should hang for it.

Webadict:
Web:  After you voted me, I asked you why, and you never answered me.
I suppose then I didn't. But now I'm gonna have to make up for that.

And yet, you didn't. It's after Tuesday, and you're still not playing your town game. I still think you scummy.

Pandarsenic:

You've been activelurking the entire game. Posting, but not doing any hunting. What are your interpretations of the night's happenings and flavour? Who are your top scummy picks? What are your current reads on Leafsnail, Kamina and Toaster?

These are my current top picks: Pandar, Web and MBP; I'm pretty sure they're scum. There's at least five scum out there, so more hunting needs to happen. Toaster and Leafsnail are medium-scummy; and Criptfeind & Eduren are MIA.

PS: Apologies for light posting, this has been a very busy week for me. I'll be as active as I can.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 66