Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370288 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16890 on: April 13, 2016, 06:24:44 pm »

I hold my laptop partially on partially hanging off of my desk, with the side that always overheats (the left side) sticking out so it can get more ventillation.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16891 on: April 13, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »

I hold my laptop partially on partially hanging off of my desk, with the side that always overheats (the left side) sticking out so it can get more ventillation.
Same. Still doesn't start to fix the problem... laptops are generally pieces of crap, as far as gaming rigs go. Even so called "gaming laptops". Never any adequate cooling, the intake vents are always in the least convenient place for airflow, the output vents are always too small, the fans aren't powerful enough and have no decent dust filters - nay, scratch that, no dust filters at all, so they always gum up. Like, they're almost worse than the stock fans that come with tower computers. Almost.
And if you have a decent GPU or CPU that can do more than word processing, of course they will have a cheap model with a shitty thermometer so the fan doesn't kick in on time, and the GPU will produce more heat than even a good fan could disperse anyways.
And don't get me started on those thermal pads that are supposed to wick heat from the CPU/GPU to the heatsink for dispersal; it's why MY laptop is on it's last legs. Only too late did I realize that was the problem (Mad props to these guys for helping me diagnose that), and when I went and bought the thermal gel to replace the thermal pad that they recommended, the gel didn't even hold up because the damage was already done. Not to mention the copper pipe that was supposed to be up against the CPU (with the pad/gel in between) doesn't even bend far enough to actually contact the CPU properly anyways!

Let me tell you, it's like Acer specifically did all they can to give the laptop exactly two years of lifetime. It's running on four years now, but holy shit Acer, get your shit together.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16892 on: April 13, 2016, 07:52:28 pm »

After surviving for 108 days, a maaaaaasive wave of trolls attacked and smashed through my whole kingdom, killing every last archer, knight, farmer, and worker, down to the last man, destroying every last wall, and stealing all of my gold and my crown.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16893 on: April 13, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »

Let me tell you, it's like Acer specifically did all they can to give the laptop exactly two years of lifetime. It's running on four years now, but holy shit Acer, get your shit together.

From my personal experience Acer is a bad brand. Btw, did you have to uninstall a piece of software called Mywinlocker?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16894 on: April 13, 2016, 08:25:50 pm »

From my personal experience Acer is a bad brand. Btw, did you have to uninstall a piece of software called Mywinlocker?
I didn't, but this has prompted me to search my computer for one, and there seems to be one. Let's move this to the advice thread...

Here's a link
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16895 on: April 13, 2016, 08:27:39 pm »

I had a cooling tray before, but that fell apart and was generally a piece of crap.
On the other hand I spent like $40 on a cooling tray once that actually made significant differences in the ability of my laptop to run games for a couple of years before I gave it to my brother, who has already been using it for over a year without any issues on his end either.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16896 on: April 14, 2016, 07:16:20 pm »

I spotted an anti-tank mine during a large armor movement. Seeing the hazard it posed to friendly tanks and Sunderers, I ran over it and pressed '3' on my keyboard to take out my tool, and had already pulled the trigger right as I realized I had forgotten I had changed out of Engineer and into Heavy Assault.

Instead of disarming the mine with my repair tool, I shot it with a rocket launcher. At touch range.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16897 on: April 14, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »

Accidentally landed next to a pool instead of on it with water walking boots. Fall damage killed me instantly.

Terraria.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16898 on: April 14, 2016, 09:13:31 pm »

Meta Ridley. I need say no more.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16899 on: April 14, 2016, 09:35:29 pm »

You do, though. Prime 1 or Prime 3?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16900 on: April 14, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »

I spotted an anti-tank mine during a large armor movement. Seeing the hazard it posed to friendly tanks and Sunderers, I ran over it and pressed '3' on my keyboard to take out my tool, and had already pulled the trigger right as I realized I had forgotten I had changed out of Engineer and into Heavy Assault.

Instead of disarming the mine with my repair tool, I shot it with a rocket launcher. At touch range.

That must have been incredibly funny for your teammates to see. I hope to goodness you told everybody to stop while you dealt with it.

"How does that Heavy expect to deal with the that mi- WTF!? Well, that's one way to disarm it, I guess."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: April 15, 2016, 03:59:36 pm »

I charged right in front of a Blood Pack pyro, when my shields were already down. I stood no chance.

Mass Effect 2. So far fixes a lot of my issues with the first game, though not all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: April 16, 2016, 01:30:16 pm »

Just beat the Neutral Run without dying even a single time. Without the Temmie Armor. Considering that I've been carefully achieving the best epilogues for each monster, that's a bit of a feat I feel.

Undertale.
I was not able to complete my no-death streak :(
Good thing I refused to quit.

Undertale
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16903 on: April 16, 2016, 01:48:41 pm »

I shot a rocket at the mercenary leader, hoping to end the fight right there. I saw the ragdoll flop around and immediately charged ahead, before the other mercenaries could.

Turns out the merc leader wasn't dead, just ragdoll'd temporarily by the explosion. And I had my back to her, completely exposed.

Mass Effect 2.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16904 on: April 16, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »

Nope, it was Miranda's loyalty mission.

It was worth it to get a second chance though, because I ended up blasting the merc leader over a railing into the abyss :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:14:29 pm by itisnotlogical »
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1575