Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)  (Read 105559 times)

DarkThug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (KC ver 1.253, for DF 31.25 last update 4/20)
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2011, 05:41:23 pm »

Metal : So that mean even I found tetrahedrite on my map I won't be able to mine it anyway right ? In that case, rather than making metalshaper useable with tetrahedrite, The better solution may be eneble copper or in liaison request / embark screen. I hope that does not make Kobold's life too easy.

Loot : I see. but it's wield that I can loot and use Goblin's loincloth/tunic as is but not glove/boot etc. They don't have large tag either unlike troll's one.

I also stumble across a few bugs these last few days (or are these intentional ?? lol)

Every Kobold merchant seem to be master class thief. When they are chased by Goblins, they will unlock each and every layers of my locked door, leading invader force right into the heart of  my camp.

Whenever I try to attack caravan right after my bowbold shoot at them they will turn and shoot at each other instead. My civilian will join in as well. It's like everyone is shooting at everyone. Put an end to my camp lol.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2011, 10:33:54 pm »

Metal : So that mean even I found tetrahedrite on my map I won't be able to mine it anyway right ? In that case, rather than making metalshaper useable with tetrahedrite, The better solution may be eneble copper or in liaison request / embark screen. I hope that does not make Kobold's life too easy.

Loot : I see. but it's wield that I can loot and use Goblin's loincloth/tunic as is but not glove/boot etc. They don't have large tag either unlike troll's one.

I also stumble across a few bugs these last few days (or are these intentional ?? lol)

Every Kobold merchant seem to be master class thief. When they are chased by Goblins, they will unlock each and every layers of my locked door, leading invader force right into the heart of  my camp.

Whenever I try to attack caravan right after my bowbold shoot at them they will turn and shoot at each other instead. My civilian will join in as well. It's like everyone is shooting at everyone. Put an end to my camp lol.

Metal: Really, copper -should- be enabled with merchants, I'll look into if I can make it happen without having kobold civilizations actually make copper. Though it shouldn't be imbalanced regardless, as they'll only show up with so much copper each season. Even if I did still add in tetrahedrite to reactions in the metalshaper, since you can't mine it still it likely wouldn't make a big difference.

Loot:That is strange actually, I'm not sure why that is.

As for bugs.. I'm not sure why kobold merchants seem to be master thieves. I'll see about it, no promises though.
And for the attacking caravan.. is it a KOBOLD caravan? If that's the case, then what you likely got going was an old fashioned faction cascade. Or whatever it was called, I can't remember. Let's see if I remember how this works right: The caravan and your kobolds are likely part of the same civilization- so if one kobold whacks another, that kobold, we'll call him Jrifus, becomes an enemy of the civilization. Naturally, other kobolds attack him. Jrifus, however, is still considered to be part of the civilization. So when Chreebus comes over and whaps him across the head, Chreebus, despite Jrifus's enemy state, ALSO becomes an enemy. And also still part of the civilization. So when Trilbus, Cheekin and Plilkus all attack those two.. it starts becoming the battle royale you describe.

Don't attack your own caravan.
If it wasn't a kobold caravan, then I have no idea.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:13:14 pm by Lagotrope »

DarkThug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2011, 11:50:41 pm »

Aye, It was KOBOLD caravan. It is as exactly as you discribed. I will keep that in mind lol
As for merchant thief, it gave me a good laugh. So no big deal if it's not fixed.
We just need to make sure not to put trade depot one locked door away from dining hall :p

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2011, 02:13:17 am »

Try a floodgate and lever combo.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2011, 07:57:48 am »

Does the critter kitchen successfully react with live vermin as regents? If so, how?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2011, 05:01:02 pm »

That looks really good, thanks for that!

Edit: should "smiteded" be "smited"?
Just saw this. Sorry I didn't respond early.

Nah, the smiteded typo was on purpose. It's just the inorganic RAW name, it doesn't actually show up in game.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2011, 10:25:44 pm »

I lol'd. Incompetent moments like these are what makes DF so funny sometimes.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »

Hey folks, if you're like me and use Forlorn Realms (or any other mod that adds in a secret metal that should only be accessible to certain NPC civs through cheat reactions that only they have access to) and were a bit weirded out by the fact that Kobolds have access to literally every metal ever, I have a solution!
Simply add [PERMITTED_JOB:FURNACE_OPERATOR] to their entity!
This will allow you to melt things as well, but you won't be able to smelt anything because you won't have the available reactions. Which makes a little sense, at least I think. Kobolds might not have the knowledge to make their own steel bars, but they probably know how to re-purpose a steel longsword that those plucky humans left in their trap chamber. Assuming that's even possible, I've yet to survive a siege so I haven't had the chance to melt anything down. It could just be that you'll get more shiny things to trade with.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:01:32 pm by thatkid »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2011, 10:03:38 pm »

Bumping this, and also letting you know there's a typo in the short bow weapon. They display as "Short bows" even in the singular.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:07 pm »

Already known.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »

Ah, my bad.

I probably could have searched first, but I dislike bumping without actually having anything to say...

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2011, 10:48:22 am »

Questions:
1:
Is this the right version? Google is giving lots of different versions. Seems to be right, but just to be sure.
2:
Is it a glitch that the traction bench requires stone mechanisms and not wood, or is it purposely that way?
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »

Questions:
1:
Is this the right version? Google is giving lots of different versions. Seems to be right, but just to be sure.
2:
Is it a glitch that the traction bench requires stone mechanisms and not wood, or is it purposely that way?

1- Yes, this is the latest version of KC around, after getting passed around through a few different makers. Unless someone else took it up while I wasn't looking (I think Lofn was thinking of making a simplified KC reminiscent to the old 40d days since this one has gotten pretty bloated with features relatively speaking, but I haven't seen it.)

2- As for traction benches, I do not know. I'll take a look to see what's up with that, as I'd like it to be possible to make them with wood.

As for news/thoughts in general, or lack thereof...

Development is slowed, and I haven't even been on the map for some time. Updates still will likely be few and far between until the next version of DF comes out. The next KC version has had progress, mostly small stuff that's been pointed out. I'll try to taper that off so that what issues it has can be cleaned up as much as it can, considering some limitations to modding. In effect, though, the most major things I've wanted to implement have been implemented, and everything in the last several months have simply been the additions of new ideas, and the fixing of issues I can fix, and biggest, simply porting from one version to the next. Chances are it'll remain that way, unless df 31.26 has significantly added modding capabilities.

I'm hoping 31.26's added adventuring mode will improve the state of KC's adventuring for kobold and the like, as lately they haven't lived at all without temporary NO_EAT tokens.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2011, 07:03:34 am »

cant tell the kobolds what jobs to do :| fun tho, also the migrants have no names
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2011, 07:15:02 am »

cant tell the kobolds what jobs to do :| fun tho, also the migrants have no names

Strange, these were all bugs I thought were fixed. Well, off to the list they go. I would recommend dwarf therapist though for telling kobolds what job to do, if that's a viable thing for you. Not just for KC, it's pretty fantastic for DF-anything.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26