Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: There Will Be Blood (More coming soon.)  (Read 9262 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
There Will Be Blood (More coming soon.)
« on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:38 pm »

Everything in this post is edited and added in order. Updates are posted in addition to being linked from here. This thread covers multiple forts and adventures of horrid doom.

I just started to get into this game. I'm pretty terrible at it, but it makes these things a lot funnier so that's a good thing. I fully expect things to go miserably wrong for myself and the fortress, and it WILL provide entertainment to you seekers of fun. Right now this is a one man project, I don't know if I ever plan on making it a succession game or any of that stuff, but it might be possible. Chances are there's going to be numerous fortresses in here as well because the first one I had didn't even make it a full year. They all dropped dead from thirst even though there were water sources around and whatnot, it looked like Jonestown and the point is, hilarity ensues all of these fortresses. More so then others. This is my first LP into a possibly popular area and etc, my spelling and grammar wont be perfect, but it shall shine on. I am sorry if I am doing something wrong. Tell me what you think please!

I am on the third fortress, Limbtraded, Now, it is shown below, as well as the relative short recollections of the previous two fortress', Bloodyages of Harvesting, and The Fury of Raptors.
I am still not doing succession for now, but I am indeed accepting peoples names for dwarves if they want to do that.

Fortress Nashonanam Lur(Bloodyages of Harvesting)
Abandoned.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fury of Raptors
158 Dead

Exterminated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limbtraded

DEAD AND DEMON RAMPANT

ADVENTURE MODE Video LPs
The sad tale of Dunerocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDHl0DMQvE4
Fucking Sloprazors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azE-1ZTAyTA

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:39:43 pm by Vherid »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: There Will Be Blood
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:13:12 pm »

Definatly looks FUN, watching this intently.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 06:35:18 pm »

Armok should be pleased by this.
Also you can give them just ordinal numbers, that would be easier to implement when 15-25 migrants pop in.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:40 pm »

Part 1 Moved to OP.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:58:01 pm by Vherid »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 05:17:00 am »

Nice, very nice >=)
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 06:45:05 pm »

Fortress Abandoned while I fuck around with some mods, New thing will return shortly.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 02:12:01 pm »

--cut--
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:00:19 pm by Vherid »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:08 pm »

That went well then......

Ya know its almost better with no story on that one, the pictures write it well enough.

Maybe you should think about some walls round your depot and stair entrance
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 02:22:33 pm »

That went well then......

Ya know its almost better with no story on that one, the pictures write it well enough.

Maybe you should think about some walls round your depot and stair entrance

To be honest after 40 people died in the first ambush I've just been waiting for it to die out, but migrants just keep coming and then almost all dying again in some atrocity. I'm seeing how long it's going to last.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 03:26:40 pm »

Also Posted in the OP

Limbtraded
Coming Soon.

Embark
(After looking at the Oilfurnace comic again, I thought it was interesting in the job giving he did for the dwarves there, and I decided to try it out as well.)
4 Miners
1 Architect-Mechanic-Record Keeper-Negotiator
1 Woodcutter-Axe dwarf-Carpenter-Leader
1 Farmer-Forager-Cook-Brewer

The Naming System:
Everyone is given a dystopian ID name. It is 5 digits, consisting of 1 letter followed by 4 numbers. The letter is based upon what migration it is, Starters are A, 1st wave B, 2nd wave C, etc. The four digit number is completely random generated, but no two in the same generation shall receive the same number, ie., there will be no duplicate IDs. In the result of surviving to letter Z and beyond, the process will start over at A again. In the result that somehow, a dwarf in the migration must receive a duplicate ID, the previous one, will be killed for failing to sacrifice himself to the greater good.

When a resident should reach LEGEND status in any proficiency needed or un-needed, He will receive a true name, and is finally acknowledged as a fellow comrade. Becoming a comrade does not guarantee any form of nobility, or noble position. Becoming a comrade will however provide benefits of more luxury and having a higher priority for safety and security. Becoming a comrade or dying are the only ways in which you have finally sacrificed yourself to the greater good, and as such, our god will grant you your desires. Becoming a comrade will guarantee that we will attempt to place your body in a coffin. Being an undesirable will still provide the chance of having your body dumped into a pit, or onto an undesired location with a mass burial dump.

Failure in any way that hampers the greater good will be punished. The current leader of the embark shall receive the title of, God. Failure to worship god, will result in punishment. God may break any rule. God is great. God is best.

(Want to be a dwarf here?)
If you wish to become part of the greatest embark assignment yet, and your qualifications meet the above positions, and exceed those of fresh recruits, please sign here, We will simply replace the deadbeat with yourself, so that God's wishes shall be granted as soon as possible. I personally wish that you see luck, glory, and blood. Most likely you will only see one of these.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:54:44 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 09:10:32 pm »

Limbtraded
Spring.1

God - Leader
A8809 - Miner
A5683 - Miner
A2686 - Miner
A7654 - Miner
A1858 - Woodworker
A8584 - Farmer

When we finally arrived at our destination, we were next to a stream that was between two growing mountainous ranges on either side, a nice valley of sorts. The air was fresh, plenty of trees, clean water, nice temperature, and a nice big area to start mining into. We pretty much had everything we needed to start with. They said there was a great amount of chalk in this area as well, we could already see some on the ground without digging, and part of the outer crust of the mountain. The steel that will come down the line of work, will be helpful. There's no aquifer either so we can just start digging straight down once we find out where to place the main staircase.

God warned us that there are ungodly creations in the river, and that we must be careful. We have spotted some carnivorous fish, and some deadly sturgeons. There's also alligators in the area, however not as many as I have heard being found in other places. Thank god for that.

We laid out some basic plans and started to dig. We had our woodcutter start cutting down trees and gathering logs to place on an outside stockpile but that was very quickly moved inside to a larger stockpile area, a carpenter shop was set up, and we also set aside an area for our furniture. We dug out the rooms that will later be a dining hall, food/drink storage, a still, seed storage and balconies to fill the farm ground with water so that we can produce mud to plant.
We got the farm room set up, and two-floor stair ways for easy access between the lower farm floor and the upper food areas. We also carved out some single cell style bed rooms, we are working on building doors and such so that we may each have our own bedroom, and we also need doors to close off the food areas in-case of rot. We also finally placed our main stairwell and have begun to dig down from there as well so that we can find rock to start building the doors, tables, and chairs required.

We got the farm room fully ready for water pouring, and started to build offices for nobles in the floor below.

We cut out the main room set for us to start producing mason products. However we found out at this point that we had no masons. The first two miners were assigned masonry jobs, and considering they were starting to get really good at using their pickaxe, and mining whole rooms out, they weren't bad with masonry either. The floors also have decent amounts of riches it seems, We should be able to make some really nice items later on.

While digging the stairwell down we happened to hazard ourselves into a pretty large cavern, estimates seem to say that it goes down about five floors worth of space. We see giant cave spider webs as well, and a troglodyte here and there. Hopefully those wont be a problem until later, however with the current construction of the stairwell, only certain creatures will be able to reach our stairwell such as flying things, which we have not detected so far.

It is now summer.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:18:49 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 10:21:25 pm »

Limbtraded
Summer.1

God - Leader
A8809 - Miner
A5683 - Miner
A2686 - Miner
A7654 - Miner
A1858 - Woodworker
A8584 - Farmer
B0836 - Furnace Operator
B8760 - Bone Carver
B3708 - Fish Cleaner

We seem to have some form of fungus problem or something going on, as it seems to be sprouting up all over the place in our rooms on the sediment levels. We have begun to start creating mud on our farm, and get it running soon. The dining hall is also being vacated with furniture, when it's done it's going to be a much better place to eat then standing with the food in my hand.

God decided he was going to oversee other positions of nobility that are currently unoccupied, and he is properly qualified for the positions, at least more then anyone else. We also had a wave of migrants join us but it was...very small. 3 people and a horse. Not the most important proficiencies either. However the bonecarver knew enough to be a manager. Both god and the bonecarver wanted their own little offices as well. Nothing special but we build them simple offices with just a desk and a chair in them, and they seemed content with that.

We have begun planting in our farm now, and the dining hall has received all of the tablework it needs. Now it just needs to have all the chairs made and it will be up and running with joy and banter. We cut out a second set of cell bedrooms, while starting to add doors to the other ones, as well as the rest of the fortress where doors were needed. Everyone gets their own bedroom. The wagon was taken apart as well and we built a cloth stockpile to place all the cloth still in the wagon. We started to run low on drinks so we decided to install a still in the room we planned for it, our farmer is brewing drinks as I write.

Not much has changed but it's starting to cool down outside, and leaves are starting to turn. Autumn is here.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:19:20 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »

Limbtraded
Fall.1

God - Mechanic/Leader/Broker/Bookkeeper
A1858 - Woodworker
A2686 - Miner
A5683 - Miner
A7654 - Miner
A8584 - Farmer
A8809 - Miner

B0836 - Furnace Operator
B3708 - Fish Cleaner
B8760 - Bone Carver/Manager

C2313 - Dyer
C2445 - Mason
C4381 - Woodcrafter
C5402 - Hunter
C6498 - Planter/Chief Medical Dwarf
C6569 - Armorer
C7669 - Peasant
C9003 - Trapper
Fall has gone by and not much has changed. We set up a trade depot, and the trade caravan finally made it here. Some jackass liason came along with them and starting explaining to us all this useless crap about trade. The actual trade caravan itself didn't have much we wanted except for more meat. We gave away some useless armor and copper bolts. The liason asked about what we wanted here. More Meat.
The dining hall has finally been finished and it is a grand place to eat in now. A third wave of migrants had come along and we now have a good doctor working for us. This time around the jobs they had were more useful all around too. We had to expand the bed halls just enough to fit everyone to a bed. For a little decoration we cut out the extra wall next to the beds a bit, and put statues there. Nothing really amazing but, the only masons we have are new to masonry. Thank god we actually just got a very good mason in the third migration though. We built a kitchen and a butchershop as well to add some variety to our food, I'm fucking tired of mushrooms all day. Not a single injury has happened so far. Neither has anything violent of any sort occurred. Something creeps me out about that.

We added a giant gem stockpile on this floor. I don't know why on this floor, but it needed something else.

On our mining floor we are expanding quite a bit, and we've decided these are the size rooms we want that we are going to start mining out from this floor.

Winter is here.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:19:39 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: There Will Be Blood (Limbtraded)
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 11:45:54 pm »

Limbtraded
Winter.1

God - Mechanic/Leader/Broker/Bookkeeper
A1858 - Woodworker
A2686 - Miner
A5683 - Miner
A7654 - Miner
A8584 - Farmer
A8809 - Miner

B0836 - Furnace Operator
B3708 - Fish Cleaner
B8760 - Bone Carver/Manager

C2313 - Dyer/Militia Commander
C2445 - Mason
C4381 - Woodcrafter
C6498 - Planter/Chief Medical Dwarf
C6569 - Armorer
C7669 - Peasant
C9003 - Trapper

Deceased - C5402 - Hunter "Tried to stop a kobold thief, got stabbed in the head."

It begins. As I said earlier it was kinda...creepy how nothing was going on for a while. But now a thief has suddenly appeared near the entrance of our fort. People have been yearning for blood for a little bit now. This thief fucked up.

Our hunter was nearby. He simply decided this thief was not getting the fuck out of this fort alive, and apparently trying to grab anything, managed to grasp the thief's thigh. Unfortunately the thief turned around with a low spinning stab and stabbed the hunter through his foot. His Achilles tendon was also severed in this action and he dropped to the floor like an anvil, screaming his balls off, taking a swing at the kobold's legs in agony and anger before passing out from the pain, where the thief saw the opportunity to finish off the one that tried to get in his way, stabbing the hunter through the temple of his head, cracking the skull and slicing into the brain, before quickly retracted the dagger and sprinting out of the tunnel. The poor hunter was never avenged as the thief was right the hell out of there by the time the militia commander and another soldier made it to the area. A decent pool of blood had flown from the dwarf's brain and a smaller one from his foot. A decent splattering had covered the wall as well. After all of this a second kobold thief appeared as well but the militia commander was right there and decided to just beat the ever living shit out of that thief with her bare hands, eventually beating its face in on itself, which ended the second thief's life.

She thoroughly enjoyed killing it. Her right foot, lightly bruised with a small cut on it, her only injury.

A 3rd thief also showed up, but he ran away before he even made it halfway to the entrance.

We also noticed that one of our miners has reached a legendary status. Everyone knows him, and everyone knows he mines well. He's incredibly efficient at his job, I think he deserves to be the first one to lose his ID status.

His name is now Rockknife. Fitting.

Usually ID statused dwarves are low priority, but considering the hunter was the first to die, and he died in a glorious attempt to stop the first thing to intrude this fortress, we've decided to give him his own burial room, and have placed the body in a nice stone coffin in the center of the room. We are in the process of smoothing out the walls which will later be engraved and we shall smooth the floors soon too.

Our mining is going great, we have 6 rooms now, and our structuring is working out great.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:20:32 pm by Vherid »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: There Will Be Blood (Limbtraded)
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 07:04:31 am »

posting to watch.
lookin' good.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: [1] 2 3