Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]  (Read 48179 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Mafia Salad: Lettuce Begin!
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2010, 02:56:05 pm »

I'm about to die whether or not I unvote myself, so unless somehow we get a no-lynch I'm pretty much screwed.
But just in case: unvote, vote Flintus10. He's been lurking practically this whole time, possibly watching the chaos ensue as we lynch one of our own?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2010, 03:15:33 pm »

So, basically, after getting accused of being scum and having some illogical arguments enclosed, I react to it by trying to lift those suspicions by pointing out the illogicity of aforementioned arguments and you deduce from it all that I'm scum? Unvote, vote Kamina.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2010, 03:31:51 pm »

Dude, Dariush, waffle any harder and we're gonna have to get the butter and syrup.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2010, 04:31:23 pm »

So, basically, after getting accused of being scum and having some illogical arguments enclosed, I react to it by trying to lift those suspicions by pointing out the illogicity of aforementioned arguments and you deduce from it all that I'm scum? Unvote, vote Kamina.
The big man...  HASS the OMGUS.
I probably would have unvoted you had you not been so over the top with your defense.  You weren't just pointing out the illogicality of my argument, you went so far as to say you're sure I'm scum.  You jumped to that conclusion awfully quickly.  The merits of my original arguments don't matter, what matters is you reaction to them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2010, 05:04:46 pm »

So if I weren't stuck on Taco Dan to discourage attempts to Blackmail the Town ("YOU'LL BE SORRY WHEN I'M DEAD! JERKS!") I would  be voting Dariush right now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2010, 06:09:01 pm »

And Native: You should only ever NL if there's an even number of players, which I believe is not possible to have happen in this setup.

Why is this?

Also, uh, wow. A lot has happened since I last checked. I'll reserve my vote for the final hour or so of the day. Unless overwhelming evidence is given.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2010, 07:02:58 pm »

I'm about to die whether or not I unvote myself, so unless somehow we get a no-lynch I'm pretty much screwed.
But just in case: unvote, vote Flintus10. He's been lurking practically this whole time, possibly watching the chaos ensue as we lynch one of our own?
Only two people vote for you and then you start to act all emo and then all of a sudden you change your mind again? Either the way the fact that you opened with "I'm about to die...but" makes me wonder whether to take you seriously at all. Still I think you may just be frustrated rather than scummy and either way.

Dariush Both your serious votes have been OMGUS's and you have really only sat here and defended yourself saying everyone who is voting against you is scum. You are yet to actually go after a player and make an attack apart from this.
Bruteforce time!..
unvote, vote logismo
vote logismo
logismo
unvote Argembarger, vote logismo
Which really has very little merit.

The best offence is a good defence really only applies if you are scum and this seems to be how you are playing.
And Native: You should only ever NL if there's an even number of players, which I believe is not possible to have happen in this setup.

Why is this?

Also, uh, wow. A lot has happened since I last checked. I'll reserve my vote for the final hour or so of the day. Unless overwhelming evidence is given.
That would be a bad idea, I mean saving your vote for the last hour is actually quite a scum move (but the fact that you outright say it makes me think you do not know this) so instead of waiting for other people to give you evidence maybe try to get some of your own.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2010, 09:44:41 pm »

I just like to think of it as my Mafia character having Bipolar.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2010, 10:21:32 pm »

Vote Count:

Pandarsenic: {0} 
Argembarger: {0} 
Taco Dan: {2}  Argembarger, Pandarsenic
Flintus10: {1}  Taco Dan
NativeForeigner: {0} 
inteuniso: {0} 
KaminaSquirtle: {1}  Dariush
Dariush: {3}  logismo, KaminaSquirtle, Flintus10
logismo: {1}  inteuniso

Not Voting: NativeForeigner

Day 1 ends Tuesday, 11/30 at 11 PM EST, ~40 minutes from this post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »

It is decided- Dariush is the wintergreen of our discontent!  You tie him to the gallows and give him a round of raspberries, vinaigrette style.  You hang him from his bottleneck.... bottleneck?  It seems he is the bottle of Ranch Dressing that has been making things saucy around here!  Finished with his undressing, you leave him out in the sun, where he starts to smell; yuck!  A quick search of his ranch-style house reveals a total lack of ties to the mafia.  You mustard messed that one up!

You return to your homes, and hope that you’ll be able to ketchup with the events tomorrow.  You do not relish the thought of another death!

Ranch Dressing

You are always the dressing for the occasion.  On this occasion, you can cover somebody up each night, and protect them from any harm!  Unfortunately, you’re awfully thick, so anyone covered by you won’t be able to do anything, either.

At night, you may target one person.  That person will be protected and roleblocked that night.

You are a Townie.  You win when all the scum are dead.

Night one begins now.  Send in your night actions!

Night one ends Wednesday, 12/1 at 11 PM EST.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:04:06 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2010, 04:53:33 pm »

Night ends in six hours!  Don't forget to send in night actions!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2010, 11:47:23 pm »

Due to confusion over a certain rule, I am mod-extending the night for 12 more hours.

Night 1 will end Thursday, 12/2 at 11 AM EST.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2010, 10:53:45 am »

Your hopes for a good morning report are poached when you realize Flintus has not arrived in the town square!  You go to his house where you learn that he is the local hard-boiled egg cop!  You, of course, find that out because he has been thoroughly scrambled.  You call all the king’s men together, but they are unable to put him back together.  You all sigh, but you must turn your sunny sides up and find out who deviled him!

Omletting you know now that there are two mafia members among you seven- find them out before you all get pickled!

You’re already a hard-boiled egg, so it was an easy jump to become a hard-boiled cop.  You can go check out someone’s house at night, and see if they’re law-abiding or a rotten egg.

You may target one person at night.  You will be told that person’s alignment at the end of the night.

You are a Townie.  You win when all the scum are dead.

Day 2 has begun!

Day 2 ends Monday, 12/6 at 11 PM EST.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:59:32 am by Toaster »

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2010, 03:14:07 pm »

Kamina, do you think you have changed your playing style at all since that BM I played with you?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2010, 03:24:41 pm »

Oh god the puns.  I think my brain has melted from them.

First of all, I think we can make some conclusions from the "confusion over a certain rule" tonight.

Either
a) Both scum are first time scum, not understanding how the night kill works.
b) At least one is too new to understand how the basic roles work.
c) Flintus didn't understand the cop action.
or d) Toaster has implemented a complicated (or novel) rule.
From the OP we can deduce it's probably not d.
Quote from: Toaster
This will be a standard game with a silly theme.  Roles are fairly basic, so everyone is welcome to join!
Flintus has never had a night action before, so I think that c) has a good chance of being what happened.
However, we can't write off a and b.  I'd also like to point out that Flintus was the night kill.  This doesn't seem like something that a experienced scumteam would do.  He didn't post much, and his play wasn't the stongest of all the members of the game.
So I conclude that either
a)  We have a new scumteam.
or b)  The scum are doing it to WIFOM us.
I like a) much better, since b seems unlikely and way too WIFOMy for my taste.
So I conclude that the scumteam is new.  This doesn't help much, since most people here are new, but at least I can cross someone off my list of suspects.

I'll look back through the thread for suspects now.

PPE:
Kamina, do you think you have changed your playing style at all since that BM I played with you?
I would say I've changed it quite a bit.  You learn a lot by playing in the more serious games.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16