Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]  (Read 48220 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2010, 01:34:44 am »

ToonyMan has a LYLO scumtell- he who votes first is scum.  I've seen it happen several times.

Yeah; I didn't know Toony had it covered, but I also was pretty convinced Arg was scum after that first post today, even though I had been pretty much in the dark the entire game. Sure, logismo was scummy, but too green to know for sure if it was scum or just noobtown, and I didn't suspect Arg at all until this day dawned and he tipped his hand with that.

I also enjoyed the game greatly. I wish it had been a bit more active, but it worked out. The flavour and roles were interesting and imaginative, and I had great fun with the pun overload. I was happy to be able to help with that once in a while when I dropped a lurkertracker. Speaking of which, did the players find that useful? Should I quit offering it to games where I'm not in, or is it a worthwhile thing to offer?

More games should be this punny!

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2010, 03:28:56 am »

I was happy to be able to help with that once in a while when I dropped a lurkertracker. Speaking of which, did the players find that useful? Should I quit offering it to games where I'm not in, or is it a worthwhile thing to offer?

I found it extremely useful. Not only did it help me keep track of who was lurking and where the red text was, but it also helps me realize when I haven't posted in a while and prompts me to dig something up to contribute. I think you should keep it going, especially in some of the larger games.

More games should be this punny!

I agree!
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Put on ice
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2010, 04:27:51 am »

Night 3 actions:

Argembarger - Kill Kamina

You sneak over to Kamina’s house.  You check his windows, and find the bathroom window is open!  Probably because he took a massive dump in there and is letting it air out- ugh!  The smell is so bad you fall to the floor coming through the window.  The shock of impact causes his medicine cabinet to pop open, and a jar of baby powder falls out.  The jar breaks open, sending a cloud of baby powder into your face, blinding and choking you!  You stagger out into the hallway, gagging and flailing your arms.  A bookcase is the first thing you knock over, which crashes downward into a coffee table, smashing it into splinters with a loud crunch.  The glass bowls on top of the bookcase are next to go, flying off and crashing in two separate directions.  You kick an end table by accident, sending it flying through the front door.  Your flailing and kicking then knock his TV over onto a potted plant- splat!

Terrified of the noise you’re making, you run in a straight line into what you think is the bedroom.  Unfortunately, you’ve entered the kitchen!  Did you know Kamina had a giant rack of pots and pans over his stove?  Now you do, as you flail into it and send the whole business crashing downward.  You step on a non-stick pan and trip backwards into the refrigerator.  It tips over and smashes the pantry door and shelves, sending a rain of canned goods into the kitchen floor.  The canned good avalanche is too much for you, and you roll on cans skittering into a shelf- oh no!  The spice rack!  Naturally, you get a face full of pepper, exacerbating your burning eyes and coughing throat.  You run out of the room, tripping over cans as you go.

The dining room is next to feel your wrath, as you trip over one last can and crash completely through the table!  A knife that had been left on the table flies up and cuts the chandelier cord in a one-in-a-million chance, sending it crashing down.  You roll out of the way just in time, but also succeed in knocking over every chair in the room.  A chunk of wood scratches your leg, and you jump up in surprise, back into the hallway.  You back up, hopping on one leg, and crash through another door.

The bedroom door, where Kamina has by now heard you and woken up!

...wait, he’s still asleep.  Damn, he’s a sound sleeper!  You wipe your face on his sheets, then proceed to shred him into tiny bits.

You walk out the front door, which has by now fallen off its hinges, and walk calmly home.

Kamina - Die

You sleep peacefully through the night, except for the part where someone comes in and shreds you.  Ouch!

You have died.  You may discuss it here:  http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/pA5Wj7u9X3TLk

I hadn't read this in detail. This was hilarious! Long slapstick scenes on top of the puns! Let alone shredding people with a hammer...

Congrats Toaster on another great game.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2010, 08:51:51 am »

Glad someone else liked that.  I just started writing that and suddenly got inspired.

Thanks for the LurkerTracker support, Zathras.  I may ask for again next time I host a game, which I probably won't put in signups until after Christmas.  I haven't decided what to run next, though I am tossing around some ideas.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2010, 11:21:04 am »

I hadn't read that either until just now... that flavor is FULL of win. XD

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »

Hah, good game!  Excellent flavor, even if the puns did melt my brain!
I can't believe I was so wrong about everything.  Good think Logismo was lynched despite my idiocy.
I never even thought Arg even after the dawn of the last day.  Then again, I didn't think about the game much at all at that point.
Good game scum, at least town didn't lose too badly.
KaminaSquirtle said it best.
The big man...  HASS the OMGUS.
Nooooooo, the scum used my own lines against the town!  Bad scum, bad!  Stinky onion...

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »

This game was crazy, townies throwing themselves into the noose left and right.

I was going to switch my vote and end the game instantly but I literally just forgot to get on and do it in time, d'oh!

It was fun, all in all.

KaminaSquirtle said it best.
The big man...  HASS the OMGUS.
Nooooooo, the scum used my own lines against the town!  Bad scum, bad!  Stinky onion...
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »

It was fun. The last day made me rather upset, though. XP

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2010, 08:48:11 pm »

I'd apologize for being a lying jerk if that wasn't my wincon... >_<
I can see it now.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2010, 08:55:13 pm »

Hey, don't apologize for trying to win and being successful. The role's called "scum" for a reason. :P

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2010, 03:14:40 pm »

Yeah, Native, you just acted too scummy, and Argem had no scumtells.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2010, 04:39:32 pm »

Other than voting first and requesting a shorten, yeah, Argem had no tells. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2010, 05:07:15 pm »

Shortens are typically scummy, especially at LYLO.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2010, 05:48:21 pm »

I knew that, and I was gonna not do it, but inteuniso seemed convinced enough that I didn't think it would lose the game for me.

I was debating myself about it for like an hour or so though, haha.

As for posting first on a lylo day... is there a particular reason why that is a scumtell?
I can see it now.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2010, 08:35:20 pm »

Posting first isn't scummy necessarily, but voting first (or at least right off the bat), imo, is. It shows you want to immediately throw suspicious elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16