Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Ashikaga Dynasty - Let's Play Europa Universalis 3 Magna Mundi  (Read 15619 times)

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ashikaga Dynasty - Let's Play Europa Universalis 3 Magna Mundi
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 08:42:26 pm »

The Manual is somewhat outdated, though. Are you playing HTTT? There's a patch needed for MMP2 to fix the Shogunate, some crucial events don't fire unless you install it. (They're really annoying events, but crucial nonetheless, and actually good for you, sine you're playing Shogun.)
edit: Ah, you are playing HTTT. Should be fine, then. There'll be a new version of MM out, soon, apparently.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 09:06:49 pm »

The Manual is somewhat outdated, though. Are you playing HTTT? There's a patch needed for MMP2 to fix the Shogunate, some crucial events don't fire unless you install it. (They're really annoying events, but crucial nonetheless, and actually good for you, sine you're playing Shogun.)
edit: Ah, you are playing HTTT. Should be fine, then. There'll be a new version of MM out, soon, apparently.

Now I'm just confused. =/ I can't see an update on their website.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 10:41:46 pm »

Wait, there's a patch for MMP2? Link, please. o.o

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 11:16:29 pm »

Huh? There are two patches that aren't in the main release, but they either: replace the pirate system with a more computer-intensive one that's less annoying, or, not really a patch as much as a quickfix, fixing the Shogunate event chain.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 06:03:33 am »

Posting to Watch. Il look awesome so far.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 06:49:20 am »

So, we're generally agreed on a plan of cautious action?
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 07:21:03 am »

For now yes
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 07:21:27 am »

Whatever works for you.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 10:05:38 am »

Huh? There are two patches that aren't in the main release, but they either: replace the pirate system with a more computer-intensive one that's less annoying, or, not really a patch as much as a quickfix, fixing the Shogunate event chain.

The quickfix please; my computer is at its limits running MM alone so it can't take the pirate patch, xD

But I haven't seen either of them on the MM site, gah.
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 12:21:03 pm »

Chapter 2: Destiny Is Found By Those Who Seek It

"I am no wise man,
But I know at least one truth;
Swords are very sharp."

- Haiku said to be spoken by an uneducated peasant after being run through by an Ashikaga samurai.

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.”
- William Butler Yeats

Damnable Ming! Those Chinese demons, with their dark skin and odd ways, deserve nothing more than to die at the hands of a pathetic peasant. They were a major factor to our fall. If they hadn't allowed the daimyo their own ability to survive through trade, how could they have revolted? There is no way it could've happened!

The Chinese have three major trade routes. One running through Guangdong, one through Shuntian and, finally and most important, one through Zhejiang. The trade route through Zhejiang is known as the "Seastink Road" due to those barbarians claiming we mighty Nipponese smell of fish! How dare they?! I have sent our few merchants to Zhejiang. If I cannot stop the Chinese from having control over our trade, then at the least I can stop them from having complete control.

On another note, our government is prospering, and we have recently integrated a fourth ideal into our society, which is that of naval provisioning. It will stop our naval (when we gain one) from dying out on the open seas.
- Diary entry dated 2nd January 1478

Spoiler: Governmental (click to show/hide)

We are hated by all that is divine! My sending of merchants to Zhejiang has attracted pirates to our coast, and we have neither the ships nor the manpower to fight them off. Our people (and those close to us, which is a minor bonus) will have to suffer under this blockade until we can organise a reasonable naval force.
- Diary entry dated 26th January 1478

Spoiler: YOHOHO (click to show/hide)

Aha! I knew those sickening Asakura had taken some land from us in the past! We will show them the sharp end of our blades soon enough!

Unfortunately, the pirates have only gotten worse. They are now preventing most of our trade from getting through AND commencing raids on our coastline.
- Diary entry dated 26th February 1478

We have declared war on those pathetic Asakura. Soon they will show all the daimyo the reviving force of the Ashikaga.

They have just as many troops as us, but they will not have our strength of mind and tenacity in combat. We will show them TRUE determination. Our troops are marching, now.
- Diary entry dated 5th March 1478

Spoiler: The Declaration of War (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Long March (click to show/hide)

HAHAHAHAH! We are glorious! Truly, we are the most noble and strongest of men!

The pathetic Asakura are struck down! Our troops invaded their province and sent a messenger back claiming a "decisive victory"! How wonderful a day this is!
- Diary entry dated 1st April 1478
Spoiler: Fightin' Like Men (click to show/hide)

Vile general! Vile, treacherous, treasonous, pathetic general! That fool only force the Asakura out of their own province and into ours! We have been invaded by a great deal of their troops, causing troubles and torments to all our peoples!

I have ordered our general to retreat and to destroy these scum before they take down our province on their own!
- Diary entry dated 10th April 1478

Spoiler: They's Marchin' (click to show/hide)

That foolish idiot is lucky I did not force him to commit seppuku on the public steps of the palace! I know I should truly have done so, but his decisive victory in our territory was too well executed for me to do such a thing.

I have ordered him to return to the province now, and lay siege to their fortifications.

Looking over the war figures puts me in a good mood, however. They are decidedly perfect. No one will ever question our might again.
- Diary entry dated 20th April 1478

Spoiler: War Figures (click to show/hide)

The general has laid siege to their keeps. He sent a message saying there is a general air of worry in the province, but he thinks he can hear training going on inside some of the stronger keeps. A last ditch effort at getting together a force of spearmen, perhaps?

I shall hold a conclave with the rest of the Clan and we shall decide on our next set of actions.
- Diary entry dated 1st May 1478

Spoiler: Picture of the Siege (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Siege Figures (click to show/hide)

CHOICES

The idea that came out of our meeting was that there is an equal split between the members of the clan who wish to take a course of action.

The two courses of action are:-
A) Assault the keeps. We will assault the keeps of the Asakura, having a decisive end to the warfare and preventing them from producing any more troops that may cause losses amongst ours. We will probably suffer losses from attacking the heavily defended keeps, however.
B) Lay siege to their defences. We will attempt to starve the Asakura out, forcing them to eventually give up their arms. We will have to deal with any troops produced by the Asakura during this time (probably a single regiment of spearmen, but may be more) but we will fight them on open ground, instead of within the keeps themselves.

BONUS CHOICE!

Our army (and it's regiments) is decidedly lacking in a name, known only as "1st Army" and both the regiments are known as "Yamashiro's 1st Regiment". The elders of our Clan have yet to decide on a name, but they have told me they will surely do so within the foreseeable future.

ESSENTIALLY: Choose a name for the army and it's two regiments AND choose what course of action you'd like me to take!

CHOOSE NOW!

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:23:30 pm by The Transcendent Tyrant »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 12:27:27 pm »

I vote B. We probably won't win an assault, and their new troops may destroy what's left of our armies afterwards.
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 01:15:21 pm »

I vote B. We probably won't win an assault, and their new troops may destroy what's left of our armies afterwards.

Well, there's one vote. Any more, guys? :p

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 01:20:54 pm »

B. I don't care about army names to be honest. If it where me I'd give them funny or punny names, but eh.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 01:27:57 pm »

A because it will make you lose all your troops :P Just kidding. Seriously, B. What makes you think you could storm a castle with just a 2:1 numerical advantage?

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 01:28:08 pm »

B.

The Grand Emperor of Ashikaga's 1st Imperial Army.

Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4