Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won! Happytown is now Scumville.  (Read 40931 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Trollan, where have you played your past games and how have they been?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

Mindmaker have you played any games of Mafia before?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

So Trollan, where have you played your past games and how have they been?

I have played a few forum mafia games on Poxnora, and those games have been crazy and more focused on role playing, but I also have played quite a bit on Epicmafia, which is quite different in the fact that is in real time.

Taco Dan,what other games have you played in?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have.
It was the last Beginner's Mafia game, in fact.
Hasn't been all I had hoped for.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Why not?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, let's get this started. We far outnumber the mafia for now, but that will change as they're given more time to pick us off one by one. A random lynching would have a small chance of hitting a mafia goon, which would be better in the long run.

I'd pick out a random target early and give him enough time to defend himself before nightfall. Trollan, as your name was mentioned first, give us a good reason why you shouldn't be the first target.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On second thought, I'd change the focus to lordnincompoop for making casual conversation, during a time when we should be working to find the mafia scum. An educated guess is better than a completely random guess.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno. I would probably keep it on Trollan. Looking at his posting history, the only posts he's made have been in this thread. He's also stated that he's played mafia on another message board so he'd be able to do plenty of damage if he was mafia.

On the other hand, he could be a great asset to us townies because of that experience.

of course, Now that I've pointed that out he's probably been bumped up on the mafia's priority list.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

May I join?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

May I join?

Sorry, we already started.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Feel free to ask me any questions if you need to.

May I join?

It's already started, but follow along- another game will open up soon enough, or a replacement player may be needed for this one.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Yeah you can always join the Replacement Queue.

Beginner's Mafias tend to be replacement-heavy to my knowledge
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not?

Constant replacing of players, mostly.
I'd have needed a sheet of paper, just to keep track of which player became who and what he did before.
Fairness demands, that you give freshly exchanged players the benefit of doubt, which can be quite deadly.

Meta-arguments are pretty lame, Warhammer.
Some would even go as far, as to call it scummy.
Furthermore,  you're just pointing out some stuff and without asking any questions.
Is this supposed to be an addition to Muzs post?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was an argument towards Muz concerning Trollan. At the time my plan was primarily going to be to listen to others arguments and support/oppose the various ones I did and did not agree with.

That said, I'm not entirely sure how I'm figure out who is and is not mafia/scum without meta based arguments.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unvote.
I just wanted to point out, that from what I heard, its not unusual for players to create accounts, solely for the purpose of playing mafia.
Additionally, I don't see how this would be a scumtell.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22