Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won! Happytown is now Scumville.  (Read 40941 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is Flintus away now?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, wow, the 72 hours is a little long. The weekend makes it ultra long :P

Wait, nevermind, just read where you changed your vote. But still, what's your previous Mafia experience?

Only in 2 party games, and one other forum game, got killed in all, so they don't count for much :P

In my experience, the mafia gets an advantage when they have a reason to lurk, where everyone is being quiet and lurkers don't get called out. It's in their best interest not to see suspicious people getting lynched. They'll try to delay or derail the topic long enough to keep people from sniffing them out.

And it's in my best interest to keep the pressure on everyone until the real mafia cracks. Lying is a lot more difficult than telling the truth and the true mafia should be visible after enough time.

Which is why I'm encouraging everyone to vote for lordnincompoop, until he gives some compelling argument why we shouldn't take him down. He's only been dodging and making off-topic conversations since the start of the game.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's true that lordnincompoop hasn't answered his question yet.

Additionally there are at least 3 people lurking here.
I'll be asking them some question later today.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

What question?

Oh, wow, the 72 hours is a little long. The weekend makes it ultra long :P

Wait, nevermind, just read where you changed your vote. But still, what's your previous Mafia experience?

Only in 2 party games, and one other forum game, got killed in all, so they don't count for much :P

In my experience, the mafia gets an advantage when they have a reason to lurk, where everyone is being quiet and lurkers don't get called out. It's in their best interest not to see suspicious people getting lynched. They'll try to delay or derail the topic long enough to keep people from sniffing them out.

And it's in my best interest to keep the pressure on everyone until the real mafia cracks. Lying is a lot more difficult than telling the truth and the true mafia should be visible after enough time.

Which is why I'm encouraging everyone to vote for lordnincompoop, until he gives some compelling argument why we shouldn't take him down. He's only been dodging and making off-topic conversations since the start of the game.

I just browsed through the last 4 pages of this topic and I have seen no questions posed to me, so how could I possibly be dodging anything?

I have also asked 2 questions. All of these are on-topic; the first was related to Mindmaker's experience with the game and how his games went. The second was regarding game mechanics, which is perfectly on-topic. The few "conversations" I have made (which consisted of a question and an answer) were brief and succinct, and I have difficulty believing that these were in any way distracting. If this is actually the case, then quite a few of you would be suspect.

Muz, I continue to be suspicious of you. So far you have been making random jabs at people, and the arguments you have provided were either weak and incoherent or outright fabrication.

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:59:11 am by lordnincompoop »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Never edit. Double-posting is fine here, editing is not.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Oh. Okay.

Can't do anything about that now, then.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What question?

Whoops.
He was asking someone else a question and then suddenly changed the vote on you.
So yes it was more of an accusation, then a question, but it looks like you finally reacted to it.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For now, unvote. Actual content later.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akigagak, why haven't you posted anything yet?
Same goes for TacoDan and Flintus.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just browsed through the last 4 pages of this topic and I have seen no questions posed to me, so how could I possibly be dodging anything?

I have also asked 2 questions. All of these are on-topic; the first was related to Mindmaker's experience with the game and how his games went. The second was regarding game mechanics, which is perfectly on-topic. The few "conversations" I have made (which consisted of a question and an answer) were brief and succinct, and I have difficulty believing that these were in any way distracting. If this is actually the case, then quite a few of you would be suspect.

Muz, I continue to be suspicious of you. So far you have been making random jabs at people, and the arguments you have provided were either weak and incoherent or outright fabrication.

The game mechanics stuff wouldn't count for anything, they're fine, so we'll ignore them. The first question had little to do with the game. It puts you as a semi-lurker, as everyone's been trying to sniff out the mafia from the start. What made it more suspicious was that you've ignored the accusation for a while, even though you've posted on the same page.

Would you mind telling me which parts of my arguments were incoherent or fabrication? Because if my arguments were fabricated or falsified, it would highlight me as scum.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While this is true, it's also true that some more experienced scum will try to be as active as possible to come off as town. So until someone starts to slip with a poor NK or slip-of-the-tongue (or fingers, I guess), it's difficult to pin down scum just based on their level of activity.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

I'm going to vote for No Lynch for the moment. No one has really struck me as being overtly/ inadvertently scummy so far.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

Well, if this has two mafia, as I assume, we have a mislynch, so I believe we should not waste it. If automatically using a mislynch is not a common practice, i am sorry, but the playstyle over at epicmafia always has people randomly lynching. Going off that, warhammer651. I will be keeping my vote on Taco Dan until they reply to my satisfaction.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming

Oh, sorry. I almost forgot I was in this, hehe. To answer your question, Trollan; I've been
 in another beginner's mafia (I don't remember which one) and Salad Mafia, both of which I sucked at,. So really I'm trying not to make the same mistakes again.

Oh, and I'll vote for Muz for weak reasoning and indecisiveness.
Hmm... indecisiveness... I'm pretty sure you just voted on him for not making up his mind. I don't really think that's a good reason. lordnincompoop, I'll be watching you...
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

The game mechanics stuff wouldn't count for anything, they're fine, so we'll ignore them. The first question had little to do with the game. It puts you as a semi-lurker, as everyone's been trying to sniff out the mafia from the start. What made it more suspicious was that you've ignored the accusation for a while, even though you've posted on the same page.

Would you mind telling me which parts of my arguments were incoherent or fabrication? Because if my arguments were fabricated or falsified, it would highlight me as scum.

Yes, yes it would Muz. Would you mind telling me where I dodged and stared random conversations, then? Since clearly the questions and answers don't count. As for the accusation, I didn't have much to say to it so I kept my mouth shut.

I didn't really see how asking the type of questions we did at the start would relate to sniffing out scum, which is probably why I'm being called a lurker.

While this is true, it's also true that some more experienced scum will try to be as active as possible to come off as town. So until someone starts to slip with a poor NK or slip-of-the-tongue (or fingers, I guess), it's difficult to pin down scum just based on their level of activity.

A what?

Oh, and what do the blue names mean? :-\
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22