Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won! Happytown is now Scumville.  (Read 40948 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Not in the mood for another extension?

Because we've got nothing right now.

I currently have 2 extension requests in the tally, one more needed to extend to Friday night.

Do you actually get to find out what role a person was after you lynch them?

Yes indeed.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -D1- The End of All the Pleasantries (More IC's wante
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2010, 04:31:21 pm »

There's not much to go on. But I'll go for with the original vote for lordnincompoop as there's just not much arguments in his defense aside from him being new. If he turns out to be innocent then it cancels out the prior suspicion on warhammer, otherwise it gives another suspect.

I don't really see what there is to prove my innocence with, besides trying to stave off accusations. Nobody has been killed, or anything like that. So far we're just pointing at each other and yelling, and so far we've all held our game faces pretty well.
I also believe I have defended myself sufficiently. If you can point out anything you want me to elaborate on I'll gladly do so.

I might as well add my vote for an extension. Perhaps the one day will help.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Alright we have 3 votes for extension (please bold such requests in the future, by the way)

Day is extended to Friday, Dec. 17 at 10:00 PM EST.

We have had two extensions so no more will be allowed.

Current vote tally will be posted later tonight.
I can see it now.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's not much to go on. But I'll go for with the original vote for lordnincompoop as there's just not much arguments in his defense aside from him being new. If he turns out to be innocent then it cancels out the prior suspicion on warhammer, otherwise it gives another suspect.

That's not how it works, Muz.
You have to give him a chance to defend himself, not just present some hastily thrown together accusation and then just stick with it, whatever comes.
Formulate some questions, or specify what you want him to make clear.

Also you haven reacted to Akigagaks FOS at all.

Which brings me to Akigagak:
So you come in here, complain about the lacking quality of the game, simply rephrase something already said and then continue lurking.
If you haven't noticed, I had adressed some of your concerns in the following post.

Last but not least, Ottofar:
You're sticking to your vote.
Why? He already had explained everything before you posted.
Specify, why he's worth keeping a vote on.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoops, that greyish, whitish thing is supposed to mean Ottofar.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

Okay, Extension. as for now, i believe we should still lynch somebody, whether random or not. I would personally recommend akigagak or NativeForeigner for lurking. any thoughts?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, Extension. as for now, i believe we should still lynch somebody, whether random or not. I would personally recommend akigagak or NativeForeigner for lurking. any thoughts?

I'm sorry, lurking? My last post was yesterday and I had company over this morning. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I've been more active than you, Trollan. If you want to lynch someone (which I agree, we should) on D1 you should go for whomever looks scummiest. Lurkers should be drawn out of the shadows on D2 if they continue to be a problem.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Note:  I'll be out of town starting tomorrow, and I'll return someday Monday.  I'll try to keep up via phone until then, though.

You guys seem to be doing pretty well, though.  If you have questions, just ask!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

Current Happytown VoteCount:

////////////////////////////////

Akigagak (0)
Lordnincompoop (2) - Muz, Taco Dan
Mindmaker (0)
Muz (2) - Lordnincompoop, Mindmaker
NativeForeigner (1) - Ottofar
Ottofar (0)
Taco Dan (1) - Trollan
Trollan (0)
Warhammer651 (0)

Extension (Second) (3)

Not Voting: Akigagak, NativeForeigner, Warhammer651

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Extension Granted! No more extensions remaining for Day One.
Day One Ends Friday, December 17, @ 10:00 PM EST
I can see it now.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

I'm sorry, lurking? My last post was yesterday and I had company over this morning. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I've been more active than you, Trollan. If you want to lynch someone (which I agree, we should) on D1 you should go for whomever looks scummiest. Lurkers should be drawn out of the shadows on D2 if they continue to be a problem.

Yes, I know about how real life things interfere with mafia, like some drunk driving his pickup truck into the pole that allows my area to get internet, or power outages. Anyway, i was referring to the sudden disappearance after "promising more later".So far, we really don't have many leads, if any. the reason I listed akigagak first was preference for him being lynched. If you have any other ideas, i'd like to hear them.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I know about how real life things interfere with mafia, like some drunk driving his pickup truck into the pole that allows my area to get internet, or power outages. Anyway, i was referring to the sudden disappearance after "promising more later".So far, we really don't have many leads, if any. the reason I listed akigagak first was preference for him being lynched. If you have any other ideas, i'd like to hear them.

While that sucks, I wasn't accusing you of actively lurking, I was just pointing out that I've posted more than you and yet you accuse me of lurking. I posted a few times are "promising more later", it was just unfortunate that it less than I had hoped I would have by then. I don't have much more aside from gut-feelings. Yes, Akigagak has been lurking, but it might be better to save that lynch until D2. However, since we have until Friday now, there is no reason not to put some pressure on him. If we cracks, try to get him lynch. If he doesn't post, I would suggest voting someone else, but that's really your choice.

Because I apparently missed it, how do you figure lordnincompoop=warhammer suspicious? Also, as Lord pointed out, there's not much that anyone can say in their defense right now, there aren't a whole lot of tells against any one player at this point. Why do you choose Lord above anyone else? If it's because he's new you might as well call out a few other players as well, this is a BM after all.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because I apparently missed it, how do you figure lordnincompoop=warhammer suspicious? Also, as Lord pointed out, there's not much that anyone can say in their defense right now, there aren't a whole lot of tells against any one player at this point. Why do you choose Lord above anyone else? If it's because he's new you might as well call out a few other players as well, this is a BM after all.

I quoted it previous page, it was on page 4/start of day 1 (if you're using the default forum page format thing). Defending each other without evidence or reguiding votes would be a sign of scum, as the mafia would know each other and won't want each other to die, while the normal citizens would be left blind. The suspicions on him were answered by him either not noticing or not knowing.

That's not how it works, Muz.
You have to give him a chance to defend himself, not just present some hastily thrown together accusation and then just stick with it, whatever comes.
Formulate some questions, or specify what you want him to make clear.

Also you haven reacted to Akigagaks FOS at all.

There's only weak scumtells at this point in game. Akigagak had a good FOS, but I'll go put my synopsis on it along with everyone else. A bit of suspicion on me is good too, as it keeps the mafia from killing me at night when there's a chance that the town would lynch me :P

Akigagak - Lurking, not liking how anti-mafia the town are (p8), though because he got a lot of votes, it's understandable how he'd be pissed

Lordnincompoop - Late to react to questions (still hasn't answered Taco Dan's) and not noticing a bunch of things. The lurker accusation doesn't count anymore because the pressure pried him from lurking.

Mindmaker - Excessively pro-town, started scumhunting from the first minute

Muz - Excessively pro-town, stubbornly sticking to the same person, even after cleared.

NativeForeigner - Haven't voted, even though he said he would.

Ottofar, Taco Dan, Trollan - Nothing outstanding (so far)

Warhammer651 - Vote deflection (page 4), pushing for a no lynch (p7)

Also, I'd say that everyone not voting is a scumtell, because the mafia would be sitting around waiting for a suspicious non-mafia who they can bandwagon on, or vote late in bandwagoning for a mafia member. I was hoping some mafia would bandwagon on lordnin at this stage of the game, but since they haven't, it increases suspicions that he might be one.

That puts some suspicions on Akigagak, NativeForeigner, Warhammer651.

Similarly, anyone who's voting without a reason is equally suspicious. But here, there's actually no reason to vote aside from drawing someone out, so even the slightest reason is reason enough.

Mindmaker, Taco Dan, and NativeForeigner are bumped down the list a bit for asking for an extension while we didn't have any leads.

Akigagak is bumped down because he could have bandwagon voted on me to improve the votes against him, instead sticking with a FOS. A mafia would also be twice as pressured by a vote on him, as it kills a mafia member and puts him out of the game; giving a double damage blow to their chances of winning. Had he been a mafia member, his pressure would have made him put a full vote on me if lordnin was a mafia, but still a weak reason if lordnin wasn't a mafia.

In light of this, I'm going to switch my vote to Warhammer651. However, Warhammer could just be someone who believes in innocent until proven guilty, even though all the guides say otherwise.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't recall saying I would vote anytime soon and regardless of whether or not I said I would, I haven't because... well, actually, I don't really know why I haven't. In fact, I didn't even realize that I haven't.

Taco Dan and Akigagak, it's been over two days since either one of you have posted. Why are you two lurking so heavily? I'd hate to go after a lurker just because they're lurking, but no one else is giving any good tells.

Lordnincompoop, you're acting kind of... air-head-ish and I don't really like the way it looks. It could very well be that you're really overlooking these questions and therefore slow to answer them, or you could be trying to act dumb to throw suspicion off of you. It might just be a gut-feeling right now, but you should really explain yourself.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

In light of this, I'm going to switch my vote to Warhammer651. However, Warhammer could just be someone who believes in innocent until proven guilty, even though all the guides say otherwise.

What can I say? I'm an idealist.

at the moment i still have very little to go on. part of me suspects Muz, but that might just be me being vengeful.

I'm guessing that things will start to pick up around Day 2, and then I might have enough evidence in front of me to go after somebody.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

I don't recall saying I would vote anytime soon and regardless of whether or not I said I would, I haven't because... well, actually, I don't really know why I haven't. In fact, I didn't even realize that I haven't.

Taco Dan and Akigagak, it's been over two days since either one of you have posted. Why are you two lurking so heavily? I'd hate to go after a lurker just because they're lurking, but no one else is giving any good tells.

Lordnincompoop, you're acting kind of... air-head-ish and I don't really like the way it looks. It could very well be that you're really overlooking these questions and therefore slow to answer them, or you could be trying to act dumb to throw suspicion off of you. It might just be a gut-feeling right now, but you should really explain yourself.

I'd just like to point out that I study most of the time (I'm not even really cleared for the winter break; truckloads of work from various teachers, plus my own desire to get ahead), and that I live on the other side of the world for most of you. Being several hours ahead is inconvenient, since you guys post while I sleep and sleep while I post, or something like that.

I probably overlook some questions, or just answer them in a way that's not readily obvious. It happens.
I'm not acting dumb, believe me. If that's the case, my ruse is incredibly inconsistent.

I also tend to mull over my replies for a while, so I can stay composed.

If you want me to explain some more, just let me know.

<snip>
Lordnincompoop - Late to react to questions (still hasn't answered Taco Dan's) and not noticing a bunch of things. The lurker accusation doesn't count anymore because the pressure pried him from lurking.
<snip>

If you mean this:

lordnincompoop, You still haven't explained how being indecisive on D1 is scummy.

I already replied to it by mentioning Akigagak's post. The points that I wanted to bring up were almost identical, and I think he explained it better than I could have. As for my accusations, look at my reply to the first quote above.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22