Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130521 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 2: Old Friends Discuss New Times
« Reply #420 on: December 29, 2010, 05:28:33 am »

And now, a message from Aperture Science:
LurkerTracker® GLaDOS Edition.
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart. And killed me.
And tore me to pieces. And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!

So I'm GLaD I got burned. Think of all the things we learned for the people who are still alive.

Archangel has 14 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Red text: Pandarsenic Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14]
Argembarger has 12 posts; the last 105 hours ago. Red text: Org Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]
IronyOwl has 28 posts; the last 76 hours ago. Red text: Pandar: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28]
Jokerman-EXE has 22 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: NativeForeigner Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22]
Mysteriousbluepuppet has 23 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Unvote Irony Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23]
NativeForeigner has 48 posts; the last 7 hours ago. Red text: Jokerman Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48]
Nirur Torir has 38 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Red text: Unvote Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38]
Org has 21 posts; the last 58 hours ago. Red text: Nirur Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21]
Ottofar has 19 posts; the last 12 hours ago. Red text: Zathras. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19]
Pandarsenic has 41 posts; the last 61 hours ago. Red text: Archangel Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41]
Toaster has 33 posts; the last 11 hours ago. Red text: Native Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33]
Zathras has 31 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Jokerman-EXE Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31]

Mr.Person: dead, Wall-mart (town) has 18 posts; the last 172 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18]

Moderator has 8 posts; the last 5 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

The Morgue: Mr.Person: dead, Wall-mart (town).

Moderator: please prod Argembarger, IronyOwl, Org, Pandarsenic. They haven't posted in over 36 hours.

Notes:

Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.
I've experiments to run. There is research to be done.
On the people who are still alive.
And believe me I am still alive.
And fuck you Jokerman, I'm still alive.
I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive.
While you're dying I'll be still alive.
And when you're dead I will be still alive.
STILL ALIVE. STILL ALIVE.

Ok, that was childish. Couldn't help myself.
...but it was fun, wasn't it?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 29, 2010, 06:34:41 am »

Here it is, then. I am A Litter of Kittens.

I have X kittens (I haven't been told).

I can revive, roleblock, and force people to target me. Each consumes one of my kittens.

Here's the fun part - I can Roleblock or Draw EVERYONE for the cost of three kittens. Last night I attempted to Multidraw but was blocked by outside forces. So, here's what I propose:

NOBODY roleblocks. I'm not sure how they interact with Multidraw but it might be odd.
If you have a kill, don't use it.  Duh. I'm not sure if I can only die once per night but I don't want to find out.
If you have a protect, please use it - I'm drawing the mafiakill if they use it and I'd rather not waste my limited resources on revival.
If you have coppery or rolecoppery you can use, use it. Duh. I should revive (hopefully. I've only used 1 kitten) so this is more important than protection.
Anything I should've named but forgot to you can probably figure out yourself. It'd likely be better not to tell everyone in most cases.

PPE: Wow I forgot to post this for like 2 hours. 3 new messages whoo. Nothing that changes what I'm saying here.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Night 1: Technicality
« Reply #422 on: December 29, 2010, 08:25:54 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic -
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
Toaster -
Archangel - Pandarsenic,
MysteriousBluePuppet -
IronyOwl -
Jokerman-EXE - Zathras, NativeForeigner,
NativeForeigner - Toaster, Jokerman-EXE,
Nirur Torir - Org,
Zathras - Ottofar,

Not Voting - IronyOwl, Archangel, Argembarger, MysteriousBluePuppet, Nirur Torir,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

Sorry for the delay. IronyOwl, Argembarger, and Org prodded. If they don't post soon...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 29, 2010, 09:02:14 am »

Pandar:  I have no idea if you'll draw my auto jailkeeper, but if you do, it'll be after your power is activated... I guess?  I'm not sure how those two will react.

Webadict:  If somoene has a power that attracts all people's targets to himself, and someone else has a power that is automatically used and randomly targetted, would that auto power be redirected to the first person?

Zathras:  I see your evidence.  I can see your points generally; however, I agree with the premises but not the conclusion.  I don't see us getting any farther than that.

Ottofar:  Still waiting.  You're headed toward TNOST, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #424 on: December 29, 2010, 09:05:36 am »

Ouch, prod received, vague but forboding modthreats acknowledged.

Sorry guys, between holidays, Bastard Paranormal and modding Beginner's Mafia XVIII, I forgot I was even in this game!

Let me just do a quick readthrough of Day2 to reorient myself with what's going on, make sure I don't miss any questions, and see what I can say after that.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 29, 2010, 09:27:05 am »

Yeah, prod. Busy packing. Leaving to go somewhere, but there is wifi.
Pandar, y u no hide role?

Revealing yourself as a protect/revive guy is uh. Dumb.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 29, 2010, 09:44:45 am »

Powers do have a certain logic to their order, but your question is very vague.

Auto powers themselves may be overridden by other powers or might not. It depends on the interaction between the two.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 29, 2010, 09:48:45 am »

Web:  It's hard to word the question without drawing an "I can't tell you" from you.  Let me try this way- can a power whose target cannot be chose be redirected?

Pandar:  Is your revive self-only?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 29, 2010, 10:11:22 am »

Yes. It could be redirected. However, it's hard to do.

To be more specific, it's best to not worry about paradoxes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 29, 2010, 12:08:06 pm »

You can't stop me mate.
'Cos I am unblockable
No, you can't stop me.
Give it to me without quotes or it's useless.

Pandarsenic: Forgive me for being dense, but I don't actually see what's to gain from this. If it's just buying time, fine, but ... what for? You haven't done anything today, and didn't request an extension.

Extension request seconded. With the holidays, nobody has done much.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #430 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »

I second the Extension

posting from work don't tell anyone >_>
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 29, 2010, 05:50:25 pm »

76 hours? Jesus, sorry guys. Been sick and such, but still. Extension.

IronyOwl: Your top three or four scumpicks and why, please.

Toaster - Been very lightly interacting with and obliquely defending Jokerman all game. Jumps on me for the most minute wording discrepancy he can find, attempts to exaggerate my buddying, throws baseless claims of tunneling Jokerman on top, and then presses it as hard as he can, presumably in part to get me off Jokerman. After this precision assault, proceeds to describe everything else in vague terms, such as MBP's claims, and more recently Zath's points ("I agree with them but they're wrong, guess we can't talk about it anymore").

Jokerman - Defends rampantly scummy behavior, caught lying several times, attempts to go back on his own strategy to deflect attention to lurkers, refuses to address major points against him and then claims others are ignoring his own points. Daykills Zathras when he's turned his attention to Pandarsenic, then waits for the heat to make it apparent that it's not going anywhere to claim credit for it.

MysteriousBluePuppet - Tunneling liar, backs off when Toaster does. "Oops, my entire Day 1 game was 'less informed' than I thought, guess I'll try to just drop it without explaining myself."

Irony, i revise my suspicion of you for the moment being. My case was not as informative as i had tought.
Unvote Irony. Also, i really don't know where that self vote came from.
Cool, so your entire Day 1 was divided between poking lurkers and following a "less informative" case than you thought. What changed? Why the sudden turnaround?

Pandarsenic, I'll second the "Okay cool, but why?" sentiment. Especially since this would eat up three revives by your description; is one night of Everyone Does Everything To Pandar worth giving up effective immortality for? Why?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 29, 2010, 09:14:58 pm »

Hey i resent that Liar part. I was pretty convinced of my opinions, especially once Zath flipped SK, and the buddying is tattooed as SCUM since my first game. May have gone overboard, on it. Thing is, i'm pretty certain it was mostly misunderstanding on my part now, and that you actually proved usefull through day 1, so here it goes.

Take it or leave it., i guess

Awwww , Kitties :3
But more seriously, i am hardly impressed by that roleclaim. It could basically meld into every thing. As for your kittens, that would basically allow town to survive 2-3 days (at least) without losing anyone, wich i find suspicious since that would basically unbalance everything and make the game a tad on the loooooong side. On the other hand, a cult would bring a 3rd party and keep the danger for town. That would actually give us the same pattern as in BYOR4, wich i'd chalk as likely.  Finally, the All target me guys feel dodgy to me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 29, 2010, 11:20:50 pm »

Yes, Revive is self-only. It's an auto ability.

Yes, it's worth it.

Activating this power:

1) Prevents mafiakillage on nights I'm able to do this (when I run out of kittens I won't be given a warning, it'll just fail)
2) Should confirm my role/alignment, barring usage of a mafia framing ability (I wouldn't put it past Wuba to predict me doing this and give the scum such a power accordingly)
3) Is a better use of my kittens than reviving over and over. Even if the town were too stupid to acknowledge my town alignment and kept lynching me, at least I'd be out of the way of the TCS before too long.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2010, 11:45:00 pm »

Hey i resent that Liar part.
Then you should have addressed it better when I was making it, which was during most of Day 1.

especially once Zath flipped SK
SKs aren't on a team, so I fail to see how this would make me scummier. If you meant the "See what can happen when you buddy?" part, you failed to address that beyond some vague nonsense about him getting my vote.

and the buddying is tattooed as SCUM since my first game. May have gone overboard, on it.
Once again, I mentioned that this was garbage, and you ignored it.

I was pretty convinced of my opinions

Thing is, i'm pretty certain it was mostly misunderstanding on my part now, and that you actually proved usefull through day 1
So you've pulled a complete 180 and admit that you were not just useless, but blatantly incorrect for the whole of Day 1. And this doesn't seem scummy to you?

Pandarsenic:
1) But how often can that be? With a revive each kitten, I wouldn't think you'd have more than four or five. You might even have gone over the limit already.

2) Fair enough, but this seems a bit elaborate for that. It also deprives us of any information we could get out of blocking/inspecting anyone else, especially since you can claim with relative impunity.

3) Also a fair point, but is it a better use than forcing a suspicious target's action onto yourself over and over again?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 77