Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130541 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 3: Mr.Person Got Better [1 Replacement Requested]
« Reply #720 on: January 12, 2011, 08:29:56 pm »

Yeah, the day was stagnating, which didn't help my indecision.

So!  Here's the three people I say are scummy:  Pandar, Ottofar, and Argembarger.  Argembarger smells cult leader, so please hang him today.  That leaves Pandar and Ottofar.  I tend to misread Otto as scummy when he's town, but he damn sure feels it this game.  Pandar is iffy, and his claim could be nonsense.

Thoughts?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 12, 2011, 08:37:11 pm »

I also suspect Pandar's lying about his role, but that would make him scummy regardless. So, Pandar's a good choice.

Ottofar's been suspicious lately, but as you say it's hard to tell. I'd rather get his roleflip in any case.

Argembarger I honestly don't remember much of, but lynching him will spare us a replace, if nothing else.

While I'm at it, could someone rephrase their case on Argembarger? I know more than one person thought they were scummy, but I don't recall what for, other than lurkiness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 12, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »

Rather, Argem is the best candidate for cult leader from the bunch- as such, I'd rather see his flip than just neutralize him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »

Toaster, please nuke somebody (preferably Pandar, it seems too risky to let him keep his role) and then I say we should lynch Argem.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 12, 2011, 08:44:14 pm »

If you don't believe my claim, why try to erase evidence of its truth?

Answer.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 12, 2011, 08:49:53 pm »

Answer.
Two reasons.

One, I sort of feel like nuking you. Normally this wouldn't be especially motivating, but there are no good targets; getting a roleflip is always better than just crippling them. So, of the available targets I want gone, you're my favorite flavor. Delicious.

Two, you've been scummy aside from what I feel is likely a falseclaim, so if you are telling the truth, it's likely you're immortal scum. That's a problem, and this is a convenient solution. I mean really, it's hard to beat disposing of one scummy player with another.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 12, 2011, 08:58:32 pm »

If Argembarger is cult, why not nuke him to stop cult?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 12, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »

As a reminder: Toaster did defend intensely (directly and indirectly) Jokerman D1 and D2, he did fail to express an opinion on him until strongly pressed, he did then dismiss all and went with his "gut feel" of town (he did call him town, and opposed his lynch until the end), and continued to support his previously scummy acts. Toaster is scum and the prime candidate as Joker's scumbuddy; the only reason people let him off the hook was because of his offer to nuke someone today. But if we don't threaten to lynch him, he won't do it: the scummiest guy lives another day, and the question remains unresolved. We should not allow this.

Once he goes through with it, we can safely return our votes to whomever we individually think is a better target for the lynch.

PPE: Org, your role sounds like a scum role.
Why does it sound like scum?
Last time I checked, scum usually don't get detective roles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 12, 2011, 09:02:40 pm »

If Argembarger is cult, why not nuke him to stop cult?

Then we're still waffling as to if there's a cult at all.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 12, 2011, 09:16:13 pm »

Right, if Arg is a cult leader, his flip helps us much more than a nuking.

And yes, Org, your role sure sounds like scum. A scum with a detective part is not hard to imagine of, especially in a BYOR, but more than that: your lack of a vote. Voting is what town does, you don't vote, you're not town. Plus your NK immunity; it helps the scum much more than it helps the town, as they control most kills. It also tells us that if we want to be rid of you (should we consider you scummy) then a lynch is the only way to do it. But it doesn't matter for right now. It's Toaster's (and Arg's) time to shine:

Toaster, time is running out. Please do your thing. I also request Webadict to confirm you have indeed done it before he processes day end, so we can move our votes accordingly.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 3: Mr.Person Got Better
« Reply #730 on: January 12, 2011, 09:19:15 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic -
Org -
Ottofar - Org,
Argembarger - Toaster,
Toaster - Zathras, IronyOwl, Nirur Torir, NativeForeigner,
Archangel -
MysteriousBluePuppet -
IronyOwl -
Mr.Person - Ottofar, MysteriousBluePuppet,
NativeForeigner - Mr.Person,
Nirur Torir -
Zathras -

Not Voting - Archangel, Argembarger, Pandarsenic,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central. 1 Shorten And 1 Extension Requested.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 12, 2011, 09:20:29 pm »

Zath, please answer Pandar's question.

Web:  If someone dies in day, you'll reset the votes, correct?

You folks really should extend if that happens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 12, 2011, 09:21:01 pm »

Answer.

^^^

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 12, 2011, 09:24:59 pm »

Answer.

I think you are scummy enough to hang, but hanging you is useless, so this accomplishes the same thing: Getting rid of your useless vat of wine, resolving the question, and returning at least the blocking that Nirur has been doing back to the table.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 12, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »

Also, yes about being careful about vote resets and whatnot. I request an extension until webadict confirms that the nuking has taken place and published a votecount. I will withdraw the extension request and call for a shorten immediately after that, once people had a chance to react.

Wuba, please note: we don't really want another 48hrs. We just want to have the pertinent information out there before day end.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77