Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You Are Zombie Guardsmen! Part 4: When Gods Get Too Powerful.  (Read 6947 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
You Are Zombie Guardsmen! Part 4: When Gods Get Too Powerful.
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:16 am »

Note: If you have never heard of Warhammer 40k, look at anything else. You will not enjoy this much.
Let me tell you a tale.

Once upon a time, a young internet user left his forum. He went in search of other forums, and found one. It was a Warhammer 40k fanfiction site. The Internet User was excited, and wrote up a fanfiction about the end of 40k and how something incredibly strange would happen after it. However, sadly, the fanfiction was destroyed when the site moved and the Internet User was sad. It had potential for something much more.

That internet user is me. This is the reanimated remains of a little known fanfiction I made called Zombie Guardsmen. It won't follow it completely, it'll just follow the basics. It's quite the odd story, I can tell you.

Brief explanation of the rules: Have you ever played a text adventure? This is kinda like that. You issue a command, and I try to fit it with all the other people's commands. These type of games usually have three outcomes: Everything goes insane, the thread dies and/or it becomes amazingly epic. If you attack someone or try to talk to them, I go onto random.org and set the true random number generator from 10 to 1. 1 means you fail spectacularly, 10 means you do it like a true guardsmen should. If you do the action 10 times, you gain a skill in it, which means it adds 1 to the roll. The max amount of skill is 5.

You are Utius, Imperial Guardsmen. You are currently on your first mission, and are very very very likely to die soon.

Let me explain. Somehow, the Chaos Gods gained permanent avatars, along with the Necron Gods. The entire Imperium has been destroyed. Your regiment, along with the Space Marines, have been pushed back to a formerly undiscovered world at the edge of the Galaxy.

The Emperor is dead. Terra has been consumed by the Eye of Terror, that has been growing hugely, at this point taking up the top half of the galaxy.

There is no hope. There is no plan. The Imperium's last stand.

It shall be the other races' last stands too. The Tyranids have been possessed by Chaos, utterly destroying their hive-mind and forcing them to think for themselves, a task which they were not made for. Chaos has been running out of emotions and thus power, thanks to the massive amount of causalities that the Galaxy has taken. The Necrons' will lie dormant after this, satisfied with a job well done, after their Gods starve in a dead realm that once held Chaos in all it's horror. The Eldar have finally been pushed to extinction, of which only one regiment survived that is currently on this planet. The Orks have suffered massive deaths too, and the last Waaagh! shall echo throughout the lifeless universe. The Tau empire, peaceful though they were, have been wiped out, leaving only a few struggling survivors.

Everyone is going to die in a massive standoff with a gun to each other's head, serving their now pointless cause to the end.

No peace, no ceasefire, no final resolution. You and the rest of the entire Galaxy will die standing, serving a dead Emperor on his now destroyed throne in the soon to be dead Warp.

For this reason, you are terrified.

You are in a foxhole. A few miles away, Khrone and two Necron monoliths are attacking each other. You are sure you are in shock. You are surrounded by dead bodies. You are holding very tightly in your hands a Lasrifle. You are screaming very loudly.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:36:21 pm by Fniff »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Imperial Guardsmen! Part 1: The End Of 40k.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:11:49 am »

The Tau empire, peaceful though they were, have been wiped out, leaving only a few struggling survivors.

Whaaa? Even assuming they were peaceful, how is that a good survival trait in Warhammer 40k?

Anyway. Actions:

ABSORB THE SOULS OF ALL OF SLAIN HUMANITY. INCLUDING THE GOD EMPEROR. BECOME THE NEW GOD EMPEROR.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 09:16:54 am »

The Tau empire, peaceful though they were, have been wiped out, leaving only a few struggling survivors.

Whaaa? Even assuming they were peaceful, how is that a good survival trait in Warhammer 40k?

Anyway. Actions:

ABSORB THE SOULS OF ALL OF SLAIN HUMANITY. INCLUDING THE GOD EMPEROR. BECOME THE NEW GOD EMPEROR.

OCC: Well, peaceful by 40k standards. That means they don't harvest your souls and/or constantly attack.

You put your mind to it, but you can't do anything!

You hear something on the vox caster next to you.

"We are going to charge Khrone! Ready your rifles and charge, or be executed as cowards!" The voice of some commissar says. Oh dear. Oh God. OH GOD.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:19:01 am »

Do that again and we'll be turned into a living pyre by some pissed-off chaos entity...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:19:48 am »

Shoot the commissar. AWAKEN OUR LATENT PSYCHIC ABILITIES! ABSORB THE SOULS OF THE FALLEN!

((ALLCAPS are from now on my code for do not take this too seriously, in this thread.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:22:22 am by Demonic Spoon »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:23:41 am »

Shoot the commissar. AWAKEN OUR LATENT PSYCHIC ABILITIES! ABSORB THE SOULS OF THE FALLEN!

((ALLCAPS are from now on my code for do not take this too seriously, in this thread.))

You attempt to get a good aim at the commissar charging down at Khrone, but Khrone kills him for you.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:29:53 am »

Yay! Also, run away from Khone while shouting "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" hopefully he'll think we're one of his choas worshippers or something. Not that offers much assurance of him not killing us. BECOME A CHAOS WORSHIPPER, USE CHAOS POWERS TO ABSORB SOULS. BECOME CHAOS GOD.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:40:42 am »

Yay! Also, run away from Khone while shouting "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" hopefully he'll think we're one of his choas worshippers or something. Not that offers much assurance of him not killing us. BECOME A CHAOS WORSHIPPER, USE CHAOS POWERS TO ABSORB SOULS. BECOME CHAOS GOD.

"BLOOD FOR THE BL--" You get partway through that before a Necron fires his gun at you.

You see a blinding light.

"My son, ascend to me." It is the Holy Emperor! Holy Frak, the God Emperor!

You try to ascend. You don't really know how. Suddenly, writhing black tentacles pull you down, and you are soon covered with these tenacles, the Holy Emperor out of sight.

The last Imperial Guardsmen realized he was the last one left alive.

"YES! FRAKING YES! I WON I WON I WON!" He pointed at the corpse of a Chaos Space Marine.

"Na na na na, you lost you lost, the Holy Emperor is holier then thou's gods!" Suddenly, the Imperial Guardsmen screamed and fell over.

You feel like you are buried under a foot of dead bodies. You reach up, and you grab onto something. You are very hungry, and thus eat it. It screams in pain and falls over. You dig yourself up out of the floor of dead bodies and rise.

You look around. What in the Holy Emperor's name just happened to you?

You look at your hands. They are rotten. You seem like you were dead for a long while. You wonder if you should declare yourself a mutant or daemon possessed.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 09:43:25 am »

Mutant! USE OUR NEW MUTANT PSI POWERS TO ABSORB SOULS AND BECOME A GOD.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 09:46:25 am »

Mutant! USE OUR NEW MUTANT PSI POWERS TO ABSORB SOULS AND BECOME A GOD.

Hey...

Wait.

You actually kinda remember being able to hear other's thoughts...

Goddammit, you coulda used that power to become a God, now you are stuck as a lowly...What are you? Mutants don't rise from the dead, what's going on?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Zombie Guardsmen! Part 2: Awoken.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:42 am »

A NEW KIND OF MUTANT THAT RISES FROM THE DEAD.

Or if you're saying we can't be a mutant, be a Daemon Possessed. USE OUR NEW CHAOS POWERS TO ABSORB SOULS AND YOU KNOW, BECOME A CHAOS GOD.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 09:51:47 am »

A NEW KIND OF MUTANT THAT RISES FROM THE DEAD.

Or if you're saying we can't be a mutant, be a Daemon Possessed. USE OUR NEW CHAOS POWERS TO ABSORB SOULS AND YOU KNOW, BECOME A CHAOS GOD.

Wait, don't Daemon Possessed have a voice in the back of their head?

Goddamn, you don't follow any rule. What in the hell are you?

Well, pondering ain't gonna get you anywhere. You are very hungry, and for some reason dead bodies seem to have changed in your mind. They look kinda tasty.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 09:52:30 am »

RIP ENEMIES SOULS APART AND BECOME A NEW CHAOS GOD!
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 09:52:45 am »

We're obviously corrupted by the forces of Chaos.

Since we can obviously communicate with our thoughts, establish a connection with Nurgle.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 09:55:25 am »

Consume dead bodies to absorb what little lifeforce and soulforce remain in them. USE ABSORBED LIFEFORCE AND SOULFORCE TO BECOME A GOD.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5