Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal - Game Over!  (Read 67547 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2010, 03:49:07 pm »

Jim Groovester, what will your fucking goddamned plan be for finding the dopps?

Argembarger, what did you learn from the last game that will be most relevant this game?

Toaster, what are your thoughts about Janus's oft-promoted Org policy lynch? Would you support it if he proposes it?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »

Fucking goddamned scumhunting.

What motherfucking else.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2010, 04:12:22 pm »

Fucking goddamned scumhunting.

What motherfucking else.

Well, you're the one always looking for somethingfuckingelse... but anyway: "simulation" flavour seems to imply only town and dopps; do you think there will be exterminators or other hostile aliens about?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010, 04:32:22 pm »

Do you want a fucking goddamned plan? I'll be happy to give you one. There's no guarantee it will be worthwhile to go through, but, hey, you'll have something to complain about for the whole game.

As for aliens? I don't know. There are only ten players, so if it were a normal Paranormal game I'd say there aren't going to be a any hostile aliens like the Exterminator. Xenozoologist is probably out too, because there aren't enough bodies and not enough nights to win. I guess that leaves the Survivor, the Spore Spreader, and the Hivemind. I think the Survivor and Spore Spreader are decent possibilities out of those three.

But it's a bastard game. Anything could happen.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2010, 04:36:05 pm »

Mysteriousbluepuppet.

Tell me your alignment.  I strongly recommend that you don't lie.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2010, 04:41:21 pm »

As for aliens? I don't know. There are only ten players,

I count eleven: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Zathras, JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Org, Toaster, Argembarger, Dariush, Leafsnail, ToonyMan, Jokerman-EXE.

Quote from: Jim
I think the Survivor and Spore Spreader are decent possibilities out of those three.
But it's a bastard game. Anything could happen.

But yeah, your points are valid.

Unvote. Let's pick on someone else: ToonyMan, please tell us your take on factions and so on; do you agree with Jim that an Exterminator is unlikely? Also, how do you think the game's bastardry will manifest itself? What oddities should we be expecting?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2010, 04:43:23 pm »

Zathras:
Toaster, what are your thoughts about Janus's oft-promoted Org policy lynch? Would you support it if he proposes it?

I think it's his default stance when he has nothing better to go on.  It's not particularly helpful.  I definitely don't support it as a policy lynch, but I would certainly vote him for being scummy and probably vote him for being useless if no one else was scummy in my eyes.

It getting brought up this early before Janus so much as posts is interesting.  Are you trying to steer the conversation in another direction?

Jim:
As for aliens? I don't know. There are only ten players, so if it were a normal Paranormal game I'd say there aren't going to be a any hostile aliens like the Exterminator.

I count eleven.  (PPE:  What he said)

Argembarger:  What non-killing role would you most fear in the hands of scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »

Unvote. Let's pick on someone else: ToonyMan, please tell us your take on factions and so on; do you agree with Jim that an Exterminator is unlikely? Also, how do you think the game's bastardry will manifest itself? What oddities should we be expecting?
I will predict your future for you.  The prediction?  I'm not you.  I'm not going to be shouting exterminator unless something evidently pops up.  No point in causing confusion.  Bastard game is bastard game.  If I was the mod I would tell you what would happen and possibly ruin the game by ratting the scum out, but I don't have the knowledge to do that.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2010, 05:08:07 pm »

I will predict your future for you.  The prediction?  I'm not you. [..] If I was the mod I would tell you what would happen and possibly ruin the game by ratting the scum out, but I don't have the knowledge to do that.

Your powers of clairvoyance are astounding! I totally would have thought you were me (or would become me, since it's the future you're predicting). Like all good future-tellers, you excel in talking without actually providing any information. Kudos.

Different question, then: if you were a Spore Spreader, would you play it as a townie or as a jester? If you were a Hivemind, who would you choose as your first convert?

Quote from: Toaster
It getting brought up this early before Janus so much as posts is interesting.  Are you trying to steer the conversation in another direction?

Nah, just trying to get the conversation started. They're both in the game, and it was mentioned up thread, so it was a convenient way to get RVS going.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2010, 05:09:38 pm »

Toony loves being lynched, jester.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2010, 05:14:47 pm »

The Monitor
Argembarger: Toaster
JanusTwoface: Jim Groovester, ToonyMan
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Leafsnail
ToonyMan: Argembarger, Zathras

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Bastard Paranormal - Day 1
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2010, 06:00:07 pm »

JanusTwoface, what internet browser do you prefer?
Whichever that works.  I'm partial to Chrome at the moment although I'm theoretically setting up my system to build Chromium.

Is there anything you hoped to gain by this question?

JanusTwoFace, you're going to suggest we lynch Org, because that's what you do every game. What's your reason going to be?
What's the fun in being predictable?  In fact, I'm not suggesting that we lynch Org. Leafsnail, on the other hand? We should lynch him.

I do find it curious that my Org-policy-lynch-past was brought up on two seperate (albeit probably related) occasions before I did though.

See? I don't even have to bring it up for it to stir up discussion in a game! :)

Well, you're the one always looking for somethingfuckingelse... but anyway: "simulation" flavour seems to imply only town and dopps; do you think there will be exterminators or other hostile aliens about?
There are always Aliens. I don't think we can even rule out an Exterminator / Xenozoologist, even in a smaller game. Multiple scum teams counteract additional numbers.

So, Org, Dariush, and Jokerman-EXE. Not voting nor being voted. That's interesting.  A question for the each of you:

Who would you most like / least like to see as a Hivemind?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2010, 06:46:06 pm »

Someone other than Org or ToonyMan; someone that can actually survive a few days.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2010, 07:09:35 pm »

The question was of the usual RVS sort.  Not very useful but good for spotting scum early if that chance rises.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2010, 07:24:49 pm »

I like Hiveminds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36