Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90513 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 1: Revenge of the Limerick
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2011, 09:39:29 pm »

only cuz you're quiet and as squirtle said   that's scum's tool even when townies employ it

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:13 pm »

only cuz you're quiet and as squirtle said   that's scum's tool even when townies employ it

Going to others to justify your actions again, I see. Appeal to authority much?

And Jokerman-EXE isn't quiet. These games are slow paced. Better get used to it. If somebody posts more than once a day that's a perfectly acceptable level of participation. Just because you're running your mouth at a mile a minute does not mean everybody else in the game has the same opportunity.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2011, 09:48:21 pm »

Stupid idea, but I'm brainstorming; we all reveal our roles.  then we vote for benevolent spell levels only. 
side positive; If we quote our pms then we could figure out a scum who miswords the quote.  [don't know if this is a no-no.)
non-negative:  I'm 100% positive that if the scum are any good they know 1 sorcerer.

That would be a terrible, terrible idea. Not only would scum know who to target for NKs, they could also lie about their roles to look better to town.

One sorcerer outed him/herself.  Then first day = almost certainly a townie/no lynch.
three votes for a instakill (very possible as it was for the first game)
three losses by tomorrow.

5 town 3 scum

That is my math.

Or it could be 6 town with 3 scum who can kill 2 people on round 2.

By then we're down a sorcerer.

I'm not even sure what you're saying with these posts, Vadia. Could you elaborate? Town always has a plan, to lynch Scum. The way to do that is through scumhunting and sometimes night-actions. Any other sort of "plan" is usually brought up according to the situation and either applied individually or suggested to everyone.

Kamina: While it's unlikely, perhaps one of the scum's schools isn't listed and only supported through limericks. It's far fetched, yes, but something to be noted.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Signups [5/9+]
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2011, 09:51:27 pm »

In. Let's have another limericky game, I say. Haikus are boring.

btw nirur this was for our game so either you didn't pay attention -- a problem -- or you misdirect.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »

Clearly you've never played a game with me, or you'd know what Quiet Jokerman looks like.

Explain your last post, please. I have no idea what you're trying to say there.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2011, 10:08:09 pm »

Going to others to justify your actions again, I see. Appeal to authority much?

And Jokerman-EXE isn't quiet. These games are slow paced. Better get used to it. If somebody posts more than once a day that's a perfectly acceptable level of participation. Just because you're running your mouth at a mile a minute does not mean everybody else in the game has the same opportunity.

I may misunderstand the pace because when reading 1 it seemed 1 post a day = virtually lurking.

Probably we mislynch day 1  It usually happens.  Scum rarely shows their heads enough for a noose at day 1.  So we mislynch -- big deal.

Usually it isn't, but I assert that we all know one either innocent sorcerer (or he's risked too much by tring to look like he innocently gave up his role.)

so we have random votes which will probably end up with a bunch for scum.  ssix townies remain, they bicker because its the name of the game, but one mislynch isn't so bad.  The scum allign their votes and viola thge levl three is nasty -- very possibly (pseudomatagaming here) a n/k.

three vs. three: Game over.

Without ANY plan I can hardly imagine us going to survive to the third day if there are two mislynches.

And I'd be shocked if there isn't at least one. 

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Signups [5/9+]
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:50 pm »

In. Let's have another limericky game, I say. Haikus are boring.

btw nirur this was for our game so either you didn't pay attention -- a problem -- or you misdirect.

nirur said there should be no expectation for zath to make limerics.  But Page 1 Zath was gung ho for limerics.  Is Nirur unobservant/bad memory?  or scum?  [probably the first but thats bad too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2011, 10:54:58 pm »

Nirur:  Noted.  How do you pronounce your name?

Native:  Fun, certainly.  The poetry was just flavor in the past two, and this isn't a bastard game.

Jim and Zath:  Let's assume no FGDP was put in motion on D1.  What would your reactions be to a D2:
1:  Request for mass-assist-claim?
2:  Unprovoked assist claim?
3:  Claim that someone knew someone else's assist?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:23 pm »

Native:  Fun, certainly.  The poetry was just flavor in the past two, and this isn't a bastard game.

That's good.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »

Good to know*

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2011, 11:03:13 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:48:02 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:59 pm »

Stupid idea, but I'm brainstorming; we all reveal our roles.  then we vote for benevolent spell levels only. 
side positive; If we quote our pms then we could figure out a scum who miswords the quote.  [don't know if this is a no-no.)
non-negative:  I'm 100% positive that if the scum are any good they know 1 sorcerer.

I said it was a stupid idea, but I can't for the life of me see why.  If you don't want to explain it here you could note me [just make sure that twoface is bcced]
Okay, so, just to be perfectly clear:

You're suggesting a plan, which you yourself call stupid, but you have absolutely no idea why it's stupid? What makes you say it's stupid then?

I'd also like you to elaborate, all the way. What exactly would you like done, and what do you think would then happen? Take us through all the steps. All of them.

One sorcerer outed him/herself.  Then first day = almost certainly a townie/no lynch.
three votes for a instakill (very possible as it was for the first game)
three losses by tomorrow.

5 town 3 scum

That is my math.
Or it could be 6 town with 3 scum who can kill 2 people on round 2.

By then we're down a sorcerer.
This assumes a number of things, such as that scum will in fact get three assists, that their three-assist spell is an NK, and that town sorcerers will have no impact, plus the notion that our scumhunting will fail miserably.

Why go straight to the worst possible scenario?

On a side note, unvoting is not required, but generally nicer to the mod. Calling it a "mistake" is a bit odd.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:41 pm »

Jim and Zath:  Let's assume no FGDP was put in motion on D1.  What would your reactions be to a D2:
1:  Request for mass-assist-claim?
2:  Unprovoked assist claim?
3:  Claim that someone knew someone else's assist?

These are good questions.

1. Hmm. Unless there was a good reason for it, I think I would oppose it. If the scum apprentices assisted randomly, and you end up with a situation where they were the only one to assist a particular school, and then somebody else claims to have assisted it, they've just found a town sorcerer. It would have to be a pretty damn good reason, like the promise of extremely useful information.

2. This will probably happen during this game, when people inevitably ask about the abilities they got for assisting a particular school. I don't think I'd see any reason to flip out about it.

3. Listen closely, because the person claiming to know that is probably a sorcerer. In any case, press him for information.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2011, 11:23:45 pm »

3. Listen closely, because the person claiming to know that is probably a sorcerer. In any case, press him for information.

Even at the risk of exposing a town sorc to the scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011, 11:30:17 pm »

If they've claimed that then they've already pretty much exposed themselves. Getting further information won't hurt any more than the claim already has.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37