Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57793 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 1 begins with blood and tears
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »

Rather Usefull Role, not gamebreaking but still worth protecting.

I'm definetly not Janus buddy.

Why did i not talk much about the game, because were still in the first hours of the game, many had not posted yet, and there is not much to make a case on. On the same token, people bussing me is kinda important from my side of thing (i wont be much of an help if i die, off course)

Top Scumpick:Zath and (until recently) Mr person were not contributing, jack A T does use his older teaching alot, but that not a perfect excuse. JanusTwoFace is also rather eager to get me lynched for stupid pretense, but whatever. Need more time and more people getitng involved in the game.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2011, 05:08:31 pm »

Questions thing: Wasn't expecting you to.  Just making sure I knew what you meant.

Read first two rounds of Supernatural: Nope, but I'm currently reading them.  Thanks.  I signed up for this mostly because it was about all that was open.

Everyone: Is there anyone other than Janus and MBP that you suspect?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2011, 05:25:37 pm »

Tricky wording. It makes the assumption that everybody suspects JTF or MBP, which is not the case.

For my part:

Jack A T: If you're aware enough to know your own failings then that means you can do something about them. The question is, why aren't you? Admitting that you've made mistakes accomplishes nothing.

Unvote, Jack A T. Mostly for the MBP wagon.

And:

On this here forum we are all about sticking to our guns.

You backing down from your vote as soon as it got a little resistance is a very scummy move. It means you weren't really all that interested in the lynch in the first place, which is pretty damn scummy because you're not really scumhunting so much as finding anybody to lynch.

If bad experiences are really what's causing you to do scummy stuff you'll adapt quickly, I think.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2011, 05:29:58 pm »

Tricky wording. It makes the assumption that everybody suspects JTF or MBP, which is not the case.

Unintended.  Tried to avoid that, but obviously, I failed.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:52 pm »

Mysterious: About how useful do you consider your role?  Merely useful?  Powerful?  Vital to the town's survival?
Successful rolefisher is successful.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2011, 07:53:13 pm »

Rather Usefull Role, not gamebreaking but still worth protecting.

I'm definetly not Janus buddy.

Why did i not talk much about the game, because were still in the first hours of the game, many had not posted yet, and there is not much to make a case on. On the same token, people bussing me is kinda important from my side of thing (i wont be much of an help if i die, off course)

Top Scumpick:Zath and (until recently) Mr person were not contributing, jack A T does use his older teaching alot, but that not a perfect excuse. JanusTwoFace is also rather eager to get me lynched for stupid pretense, but whatever. Need more time and more people getitng involved in the game.

What an awful passive response. Why aren't you doing anything to get more people involved if that's the roadblock to scumhunting?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2011, 08:21:30 pm »

I can't force people to post, nor can i force scum to trip. This game would be awfully dull if i could do that day 1

I voted Janus since nobody did and i wanted to hear from him, then all this tripe hit me. In all cases, i'm gone for the end of the night. I'll respond to question asked.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »

Okay, I was planning on waiting and watching for today, but this is just painful to watch.
So you were planning on lurking?
Don't. Be proactive.

Will be so funny to see me lynched and then see you squirm that you lost a usefull role to your own damn lack of reading.
Pretty much everyone has a useful role.

I'll be back later on. Continue putting intention in my words and words in my motuh janus, you are quite good at it. I'll be back to this game once you stupid ass stop bing a windbag.

Of note, i worte this post calmly, but heh, won't change a thing in Janus little mind.
I'm not the one overreacting. And if you had actually posted calmly without resorting to personal attacks, I probably would have.

Other people I suspect: Janus, basically.  He viewed the weakest evidence ever as worth pointing out, and kind of emphasized it.  Main reason I'm not voting for him is Mysterious's reaction: too strong for the evidence, as if panicking, while also contributing to the emphasis that the weak evidence got.
Weak evidence is what we have Day 1. The goal is to push it and see how people react. Case in point: Mysteriousbluepuppet.

JTF, I don't see your argument, and I think you're giving MBP lots of shit for no good reason. I don't see him remembering to add a vote as especially suspicious, since he's done stuff like that in the past. And I don't think his reaction for it is
The extra post to vote really wasn't the point (although trying conforming is a scumtell). The point was how he reacted when I pointed it out.

Janus: What, on your scale, counts as a major scumtell?
Doubt I'll ever see one. Talented players don't display major scumtells. Best bet is finding multiple smaller scumtells or differences in established behavior. Newer players tend to be over-passive or over-agressive, particularly defensive, and over-correcting when scum.

Get you lynched? Hasn't gone near that far yet. And if you want more time and people involved, you should probably ask people questions rather than insulting me.

I can't force people to post, nor can i force scum to trip. This game would be awfully dull if i could do that day 1
Yes you can. The former at least. Ask people questions, push them if the seem scummy.

Archangel (only post was to not really answer my questions) and Org (only post was nonsense). May or may not be scum, but they're sure not being useful.

Nothing else in particular has jumped out at me though.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2011, 10:43:41 pm »

I voted Janus since nobody did and i wanted to hear from him, then all this tripe hit me. In all cases, i'm gone for the end of the night. I'll respond to question asked.

This is pure, grade A bullshit and you know it. You can most certainly make someone post quite easily. Ask any player a question and they respond. Vote a player for lurking and they (probably) stop lurking.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2011, 10:44:09 pm »

Apologies for lack of posting. I've been away, but I'll catch up and post something useful soon.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2011, 10:47:47 pm »

Read first two rounds of Supernatural: Nope, but I'm currently reading them.  Thanks.  I signed up for this mostly because it was about all that was open.

Trial by fire is a decent way to learn.

So far, only you have my attention.  It's kinda quiet, so that means time for more questions!

Native:  Do you think a standard scum team or third parties hold a greater danger for this game?

Leafsnail:  Let's assume you were a vig.  You suspected two people after a D1 mislynch.  The first you suspected around 75%, but he is very active.  The second you only suspect around 50% but is lurky.  Which would you target, if either?  Why?

Archangel:  What have you learned in recent games that you feel you can apply to this one?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2011, 02:36:07 am »

Hmm, let's start at the beginning. 

Archangel, have you read the previous two rounds of Supernatural? [1] [2]
Archangel - Human Illusionist
*Cough cough*
So answer the question. *Have* you read the previous two rounds?
YES I HAVE! Fuck you!

I'm not sure what you're asking. If it's something like what I think it is, which is "What sort of being do you think the scum team might be?", the answer is I don't know. It could be anything from spirits to elves to zombies. If this isn't what you're after, please rephrase your question.
That's more or less what I was asking. More of what would be a particularly powerful foe rather than what you actually think that we'll be facing. I think your answer was most revealing though. You don't want to talk about it.
I suppose a vampire might be powerful if it had a kill and a conversion, but I don't really see any point trying to guess what we're facing until we have something to go on, like a nightkill, an investigation (Not that I think an investigator would be stupid enough to claim so early), or a scumflip. I absolutely see the point in trying to find scum this Day, as it's the best way to find out what sort of monsters we are fighting.

The vote was initially random, but you seem scummy now. So it stays until you show otherwise.
WOW! That really lasted!

Sorry, I don't have time to do anything more so I'll just post what I've typed and actually do something tomorrow.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2011, 03:11:33 am »

Native:  Do you think a standard scum team or third parties hold a greater danger for this game?

I personally believe that third-parties will pose a greater threat this game. From my experience, people tend to like going for scum while third-parties sit in the shadows. Also, you never know what or how many third-parties there are.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2011, 06:54:51 am »

Unvote.
Toaster:
I meant in the same game as me, not same team as me.  Did you like being town or scum better?
Whyy, obviously being scum, I don't feel so bad about being lynched on day one then.
So, why do you constantly keep asking those useless questions? (wait... didn't I ask the same exact thing about 5 minutes ago in Sorcerer's Apprentice?...) I have never seen an explanation for them.
Jack:
You constantly bring up the fact that you're not accustomed to playing Mafia on this forum. Is that the only reason you're going to give beyond your actions?
Leafsnail:
I guess this could be a joke, but what exactly is it meant to mean?  And why not vote the guy you ask a serious question instead of the one you seem to be jokevoting?
I randomvoted the one I suspected and asked a serious question to one from whom I wished to hear the answer. Do you mean that I must avoid asking questions to people I'm not voting for?
JTF, you tried to pressure both MBP and Archangel, got an overreactive reaction from the former and got the bandwagon rolling. I don't think many people wouldn't react like that after seeing arguments you used...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2011, 09:07:19 am »

Native:  Noted.

Dariush:  Noted.   I ask questions so I can get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get lucky and they drop scumslips.  Sometimes not, but that's how I play the game.

Org:  You didn't make it to D2 in either previous Supernatural.  Do you expect to this time?  Will you change your playstyle any to increase your chance of making it that far?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24