Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57799 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 1 begins with blood and tears
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:16 am »

Dariush:  Noted.   I ask questions so I can get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get lucky and they drop scumslips.  Sometimes not, but that's how I play the game.
I utterly fail to comprehend how, for example, this:
Do you think a standard scum team or third parties hold a greater danger for this game?
question can get a scummy response...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2011, 10:18:41 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Jack A T: Jim Groovester, Toaster, Zathras
JanusTwoface: Dariush, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Mysteriousbluepuppet: JanusTwoface, Mr.Person, NativeForeigner
Zathras: Leafsnail

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2011, 10:55:28 am »

Dariush: How someone answers a question is often as useful as the answer itself.

Why don't you give me an example of a "useful" question?  You can ask me or anyone else.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2011, 01:15:23 pm »

Apologies for lack of posting. I've been away, but I'll catch up and post something useful soon.
When is 'soon' exactly? The day ends in about 7 hours.

The vote was initially random, but you seem scummy now. So it stays until you show otherwise.
WOW! That really lasted!
Until something came up. Like I said, I'll be back to you later.

Sorry, I don't have time to do anything more so I'll just post what I've typed and actually do something tomorrow.
... right.

JTF, you tried to pressure both MBP and Archangel, got an overreactive reaction from the former and got the bandwagon rolling. I don't think many people wouldn't react like that after seeing arguments you used...
Serious question: Do you actually think I'm scum right now? Why?

So far as MBP, I really do think that he scumslipped. It's especially funny, because it's the exact same slip that you got caught in in Bastard Paranormal.

Archangel isn't playing thus far. I really hope he is more active tomorrow, but I'm not that confident in it. He's done the same thing in every game I remember playing with him.

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Mysteriousbluepuppet: JanusTwoface, Mr.Person, NativeForeigner
A two way (almost three way) tie is troubling. Particularly when there are only 7 hours to go and Ottofar, Org, Archangel, and Jack A T havn't cast a current vote. 

Jack A T is an admitted lurker, although he's contributed some. The rest haven't contributed a thing between them.  This is bull. If you're going to join, please play. >:( :-\
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2011, 02:32:16 pm »

Extension.  Man, I haven't even received a response to one of my random votes yet :/.

Leafsnail:  Let's assume you were a vig.  You suspected two people after a D1 mislynch.  The first you suspected around 75%, but he is very active.  The second you only suspect around 50% but is lurky.  Which would you target, if either?  Why?
75% active.  Lurky scum are easier to lynch once you've found them, and taking out the more active one could massively reduce the scum's control over the game.

I wouldn't be opposed to vigging someone like Org if for once he wasn't a veteran I didn't have a better target though.

I randomvoted the one I suspected and asked a serious question to one from whom I wished to hear the answer. Do you mean that I must avoid asking questions to people I'm not voting for?
If you suspected him, why did you just make a bad joke while voting for him instead of a proper point?

Incidentally, I do have someone I'd like to call out, but I'd like to see how they behave for a little while longer.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2011, 02:36:10 pm »

Yet i did not scumslip or anything, and all your argument is based on stupidities, JTF.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:18 pm »

Defending yourself rather than scum hunting is *not* helping your case.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:54 pm »

Extension, yeah.

Also, MBP, for jumpiness, defensiveness and that. PFP.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2011, 02:55:49 pm »

Ottofar:  While I do agree with your extension request, please make use of the time to expand on your vote reasoning.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2011, 02:58:07 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Mysteriousbluepuppet: JanusTwoface, Mr.Person, NativeForeigner, Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There are requests for an extension. 1 more needed to extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2011, 03:01:13 pm »

Ottofar:  While I do agree with your extension request, please make use of the time to expand on your vote reasoning.
Yes, I'm planning to do it when I get on computer.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2011, 04:07:14 pm »

Apologies for lack of posting. I've been away, but I'll catch up and post something useful soon.
When is 'soon' exactly? The day ends in about 7 hours.

When I can... sorry dude, I've been busy. But I'd also like an extension, please.

Extension.  Man, I haven't even received a response to one of my random votes yet :/.
Yeah, sorry:
Zathras.  As scum, what is your preferred way to push through a mislynch?
Essentially, the same way as pushing a real lynch of scum when town: pressure the target, build a case, achieve consensus. Being scum only makes target selection safer.

Also, to avoid me tying the vote, I will unvote until I have had a chance to reread and actually contribute. Hopefully soon.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »

Day has now been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday
Come play Mafia with us!

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2011, 07:53:02 pm »

Catching up...

Org, how does it feel to know you're not even in the running for lurkiest player in this game?
Ashamed.
I have to do better.
Seeya in a month.

He wasn't kidding! I can't read Org worth shit, but I've learned that silent Org is scum Org, so Org.

Archangel is being utterly useless. Not only that, but this was totally uncalled for:
Archangel, have you read the previous two rounds of Supernatural? [1] [2]
Archangel - Human Illusionist
*Cough cough*
So answer the question. *Have* you read the previous two rounds?
YES I HAVE! Fuck you!
I am rethinking my pre-game argument. Arch, you said "I'll play this game to the best of my ability, because I can play well and want to prove it." Does that still stand? When will you start?

I don't trust Janus's case on MBP. The reason it started was flimsy at best, and although MBP later cracked and incriminated himself through emotional/jumpy responses, most of it is due to Janus blowing them out of proportion.

This point of Jack AT is quite insightful:
Other reasons to suspect Mysterious: The guy doesn't seem to be reading Janus's arguments, as I tried to point out with my Janus quote.  Janus, while a bit pushy, at least looks like he's reading Mysterious's arguments. Also, the whole "insult everyone and imply you're really, really important" thing, from what I've seen, is the last action of many, many lynched scum players.  Quick disclaimer: I'm not used to mafia on this forum.

Other people I suspect: Janus, basically.  He viewed the weakest evidence ever as worth pointing out, and kind of emphasized it.  Main reason I'm not voting for him is Mysterious's reaction: too strong for the evidence, as if panicking, while also contributing to the emphasis that the weak evidence got.

I agree with his point on Janus, and is the main reason I think he's scum. On the MBP point, well, he's not particularly good at reading. He routinely misses obvious points, messes up names and whatnot, even when town, so given his meta I read that as a null-tell. Janus wins the scummitude battle.

I like the idea that Janus and Org are scumbuddies. That's a fun team. But it would also explain why Janus hasn't been pushing Org as much as he normally does (he has mentioned him as one of his picks, and one or two half-assed pokes, but that's it). I think they are both scum, but Janus should hang first, as his day game is more useful. So, unvote; vote Janus, FoS Org.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2011, 08:07:02 pm »

Jack:
You constantly bring up the fact that you're not accustomed to playing Mafia on this forum. Is that the only reason you're going to give beyond your actions?

I constantly bring up said fact to get it across to people that, frankly, I'm used to playing with people who will lynch for doing almost everything I'm avoiding doing.  (that, and they tend to rush through day 1 with a random lynch)

If by beyond, you mean for, I've given my basic reasoning for my actions.  It's not great reasoning here, but it was my reasoning at the time.

Don't expect me to use this excuse much later.  The initial big differences (day 1 lurkiness, vote removal under slight pressure, and such) seem to have been dealt with.

Hmm...with my FoS on MBP...after reading the previous Supernatural games and a couple of Paranormal games (and looking at his overall writing style), it seems that my point about his reading of Janus's arguments is pretty weak: he doesn't seem to be too great at that even as town.  Still suspect him a bit for the jumpiness, but Janus is in the lead.

Pleaseberightpleaseberightpleaseberight...

"Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post."

And ninja'd on that point by Zathras.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24