Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kitchen modding - small question  (Read 2164 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Kitchen modding - small question
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:57:01 am »

I removed [EDIBLE_RAW] tags.
Now I want to make processed food production less effective - lets say 3 times more input, with the same output.

But I cannot find food reaction in raws - is it hardcoded? Is it possible to add reaction like this mentioned above?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kitchen modding - small question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:22:32 am »

I removed [EDIBLE_RAW] tags - but dwarves are still eating uncooked food. Why?
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:11:33 am »

food reaction seems to be hard coded. I'm also getting the same problem with dwarves chowing down meat which are only edible_cooked. Bug?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:16:14 am »

To require more ingredients at the kitchen, you need to increase the numbers in the file "item_food" IIRC.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:58:02 am »

food reaction seems to be hard coded. I'm also getting the same problem with dwarves chowing down meat which are only edible_cooked. Bug?
I will report it in spare time. Ehh, so my idea to fix "I have 2 z-levels of food" problem is dead.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 01:19:36 pm »

Only solution I can think of is to make muscle and other meat stuff not yield meat items (remove butcher_special:bla:bla), and instead something that the game checks for edibility. Guess that could be... leaves, plants, cheese, and liquids and powders. Maybe something I missed.

The other solution would be to just leave the meat a bodypart and call it raw meat or something, if thats possible. Then add a kitchen reaction for cooking it. Problem here is that bodypart stack size cant be used in reactions, so it will yield the same number of meat items despite the number of input items.

So.... yeah I dont know either.

I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 01:46:44 pm »

To require more ingredients at the kitchen, you need to increase the numbers in the file "item_food", IIRC.

Uh, let me expand on this a bit...
As I understand it,

item_food

[OBJECT:ITEM]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_BISCUITS]
[NAME:biscuits]
[LEVEL:2]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_STEW]
[NAME:stew]
[LEVEL:3]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ROAST]
[NAME:roast]
[LEVEL:4]

means that biscuits take two raw food items to produce, stew takes three raw food items to produce, and a roast takes four raw food items to produce.

But if we change it to THIS:

item_food_edited

[OBJECT:ITEM]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_BISCUITS]
[NAME:biscuits]
[LEVEL:3]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_STEW]
[NAME:stew]
[LEVEL:4]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ROAST]
[NAME:roast]
[LEVEL:5]

Then biscuits should now take three raw food items to produce, stew should take four raw food items to produce, and a roast should now take five raw food items to produce.

This is how I understand this, but I could be mistaken. (Could somebody please either confirm or correct this interpretation?)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 02:10:31 pm »

if my memory serves, the default name for prepared meals is "stew" then it look through the food list, if there're any level 2/3/4 matching it'd randomly selecting it so if you put a level:1 or level:5, there'd still only be that 3 options. Even if you remove all the food name there'd still be 3 options but everything will be named "stews".
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 04:06:56 pm »

just a quick question, since it's about kitchen modding
what's the max for [LEVEL:] token for food type?
if possible, i really want to make something like banquet made from 10 kinds of ingredients.
so far, 4 seem to be the limit