Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124814 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:11 pm »

Because I clearly talk too much, I'll summarize my following point in one word.

Way back when, you call attention to the fact when pointing out the third vote here.  If you don't think it's inherently scummy, why'd you mention it at all?  Sorry, no.  You tried to push suspicion on me and it failed.
Did I say that you were suspicious for claiming Kook there? No. I wanted your opinion on the matter. Being the third / most recent vote and being a Kook just made you stick out from Dariush and Leafsnail (neither of which had posted terribly much at that point).
LIAR.

Interesting. Toaster, webadict and Janus: what do you think of the viability of claiming Kook right away as a scum tactic? We went through this during Bastardnormal, and I still think it's a ballsy but viable possibility.
I wouldn't personally do it. Attacts too much attention (with the possibility of a Reporter or Warden blocking you). It is viable though for some people. Based on previous meta, I don't think either would have tried it without scumteam prodding.
Which ironically clashes with this:
Particularly Toaster being the third vote and already claiming Kook.
So, you don't think it's a scumtell, yet it is probably a scumtell. That is terrible logic, and a passive way of saying that he's scummy.
In the original context, I wanted to know why three people were voting Argembarger. Nowhere did I say that Toaster was particularly scummy, just that he was the most suspicious of the three. An impressive example of taking something out of context.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2011, 04:28:47 pm »

Native:
Leafsnail: Is there a particular reason you voted me, questioned me, and then failed to follow up in any way whatsoever? That effectively accomplishes nothing.

Toaster, who are you most suspicious of as of right now?

I don't understand your case on Leafsnail.  You voted him for being content with your responses?  What?

As for the question, let me address everything else first, and the list will be last.

I voted him because I saw no reason for him to be content with my response. I wasn't even content with it. But that matter is over with, so unvote for now.

If Janus doesn't have to do anything but just go okay I want to policy lynch lol okay.
Then I want to.

Also Janus is just an enormous asshole.

So you want to lynch Janus because he wants to policy lynch you?

Book: Your arguments against Web are flimsy at best. How does Web "lying through his teeth" about a game mechanic prove that he's scum?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2011, 04:30:05 pm »

The Whiteboard
The Whiteboard
Book: NativeForeigner
JanusTwoFace: Mr.Person, Org, Toaster, webadict
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Ottofar
NativeForeigner: Leafsnail
Org: JanusTwoFace
Ottofar: Argembarger, Dariush, Jokerman-EXE, Pandarsenic
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
webadict: Book

Day ends ~5pm Pacific today. 2 votes for an Extension. 4 votes total will extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.

I will now accept votes for a Double Extension. A Double Extension vote will extend the day by 48 hours. It also counts as a vote for a regular extension, should the double not get voted.

There are 2 votes for a Double Extension. 4 Votes total will extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Thursday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2011, 04:31:04 pm »

I'm not going to vote for an extension today - I hate when days drag on. People better get their asses in here and post, especially those giving shit about other people lurking.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2011, 04:35:15 pm »

Object to any extension.

Even if I get lynched for it, at least then we can move on.

I'll withdraw my extension if something that needs to be discussed today comes up or if the vote is still tied in a few hours.

Janus: So after everything that's been said and all the conversation, you're still sure that Org is scum? If not, then why is your vote still there, doing nothing? Dropping a vote and then leaving it, without even really attacking Org as much as you are others, raises a few flags for me.
I don't know if Org is scum or not. How could I? He hasn't done anything other than a "yes Master Webadict" and a literal OMGUS. I do want him lynched. My vote stays.

Thank you.

And yes. Turns out I did just contradict myself. It happens.

The latter post (in the response to Toaster) is a more accurate response to that particular situation.

So you want to lynch Janus because he wants to policy lynch you?
I think you have the idea. Although that's been discussed a fair bit already, including a response from Org (for what little it's worth). So why did you make that 1/3 of your post?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2011, 04:39:11 pm »

Well, don't want the day to end in a no lynch.

Unvote. I'll throw in for JanusTwoface.

This is still unlike JTF. If he's in the lead for votes he extends as much as possible to hopefully try and convince people otherwise.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2011, 04:41:44 pm »

I'm not going to vote for an extension today - I hate when days drag on. People better get their asses in here and post, especially those giving shit about other people lurking.
The Day is dragging on? Are you serious? We had Friday and Monday and whatever remains of today. I don't count the weekend because most of us weren't here.

That's 3 full days. That's not dragging on, especially since I want JanusTwoface lynched instead of Ottofar.

Object to any extension.
Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe you just did that. You're now resorting to self-preservation in hopes that you can beat the clock.

Thank you.

Yeah. It happens when you're scum.

Well, don't want the day to end in a no lynch.

Unvote. I'll throw in for JanusTwoface.

This is still unlike JTF. If he's in the lead for votes he extends as much as possible to hopefully try and convince people otherwise.
He's only behind by a vote. And he's not trying to get Org lynched. Or attempt to defend himself. He's trying to beat the clock.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2011, 04:44:59 pm »

Janus:
Way back when, you call attention to the fact when pointing out the third vote here.  If you don't think it's inherently scummy, why'd you mention it at all?  Sorry, no.  You tried to push suspicion on me and it failed.
Did I say that you were suspicious for claiming Kook there? No. I wanted your opinion on the matter. Being the third / most recent vote and being a Kook just made you stick out from Dariush and Leafsnail (neither of which had posted terribly much at that point).

You didn't use the word suspicious in that post, no (Web pointed out where you did later), but the implication was there clear as day, and denying it isn't fooling anyone.  If you didn't think it was suspicious, you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Let's add stifling discussion to the list of charges against you.  Extend to counter you.

Jim:  I had been suspicious of Janus, so I set that question out for him, suspecting that he'd go against that prior statement of his.  I hit pay dirt, which confirmed things for me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »

He's only behind by a vote. And he's not trying to get Org lynched. Or attempt to defend himself. He's trying to beat the clock.
Ah. My bad. It seems there were four votes on Janus. My bad.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »

And now he's ahead by one.

So, unless Enchanter shenanigans, he's going to be lynched.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:54 pm »

I'm not going to convince Org or webadict. Mr.Person is unlikely. Toaster might change his mind, but he was online shortly ago. If he does, he can do it today. PPE: Guess not.

Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe you just did that. You're now resorting to self-preservation in hopes that you can beat the clock.
How is that self-preservation? Wouldn't voting to extend be self-preservation?

Yeah. It happens when you're scum.
And when you're town. People aren't perfect.

I want Org lynched. I'll vote for him until he is. How exactly *else* do you suppose I get him lynched? And I've responded to yours and other's points multiple times.

So... no.

You didn't use the word suspicious in that post, no (Web pointed out where you did later), but the implication was there clear as day, and denying it isn't fooling anyone.  If you didn't think it was suspicious, you wouldn't have mentioned it.
I'm the only one that actually knows for sure what I meant.

Let's add stifling discussion to the list of charges against you.  Extend to counter you.
Hell, it's *caused* discussion. And if you want me lynched, why wait another 24 hours?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2011, 04:52:45 pm »

If I don't get lynched, I have a feeling that entirely too much of Day 2 is going to be spent as a continuation of this crap. That's not helpful.

And getting lynched means I won't have to deal with webadict or Org any more, which is a plus.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2011, 05:00:57 pm »

Just saying that makes it more than likely. Also, you forgot about last second vote shifting by Janus PLUS Enchanter mayhem. Possibly combined.

How is that self-preservation? Wouldn't voting to extend be self-preservation?
Not quite. It would be you trying to make an effort to avoid being lynched by providing a defense. You're ending the Day early to stop people from debating and in hopes you might be able to get a last second shift or two in there.

I want Org lynched. I'll vote for him until he is. How exactly *else* do you suppose I get him lynched? And I've responded to yours and other's points multiple times.

So... no.
You've shown it by bringing up a whole list of points about Org's style and pushing Org to bother.

Ah, I'm sorry. That wasn't any of the things you did.

Hell, it's *caused* discussion. And if you want me lynched, why wait another 24 hours?
Because we want information for Tomorrow. You don't.

If I don't get lynched, I have a feeling that entirely too much of Day 2 is going to be spent as a continuation of this crap. That's not helpful.

And getting lynched means I won't have to deal with webadict or Org any more, which is a plus.
That's what you think.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:18 pm »

Just saying that makes it more than likely. Also, you forgot about last second vote shifting by Janus PLUS Enchanter mayhem. Possibly combined.
Any last second vote for me gets me picked up by a potential Xenobiologist, nightkilled by a Vigilante, or insta-lynched tomorrow. Doesn't help me any.

You've shown it by bringing up a whole list of points about Org's style and pushing Org to bother.
I did. Here it is again: Org is useless, parroting you, and OMGUSing me. That's all there is to his style. He needs to radically re-evaluate his style or be lynched.

What information are you hoping to get that you won't get just as well tomorrow?

Please actually answer this one.

That's what you think.
If either of you happens to be a Medium, I wouldn't feel bad about ignoring you once I'm already dead.

I'm actually completely serious about the best plan (so far as I can see) being to lynch me today and avoid rehashing this crap tomorrow. I would love to see scum lynched, but the cost is distracting the town.

I'm not trying to save my life. If you doubt it, vote me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2011, 05:21:42 pm »

Any last second vote for me gets me picked up by a potential Xenobiologist, nightkilled by a Vigilante, or insta-lynched tomorrow. Doesn't help me any.
You get a wasted lynch.

What information are you hoping to get that you won't get just as well tomorrow?

Please actually answer this one.
I enjoy arguing with Book right now. I feel like I can show he's scum as well. Since I'm alive today, I can do that. I might not be alive tomorrow.

I'm actually completely serious about the best plan (so far as I can see) being to lynch me today and avoid rehashing this crap tomorrow. I would love to see scum lynched, but the cost is distracting the town.

I'm not trying to save my life. If you doubt it, vote me.
Emotional appeal.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40