Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124823 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 2 - Death to Psychics!
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2011, 05:52:14 pm »

Jokerman:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Toaster:
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
NativeForeigner:
Spoiler: NativeForeigner (click to show/hide)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:47 pm »

@NativeForeigner: Having reasons and being transparent with them is helpful; being vague or opaque with them isn't. Why do you need to be told to explain yourself? That's scummy.

I don't need to be told. I didn't go in-depth with my reasoning because it's all been said already.

NativeForeigner:

I guess. The real trigger was that I had just finished reading through everything and had come to the conclusion that Ottofar was most likely to be scum.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2011, 09:46:41 pm »

Totally forgot: Extension, please.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56:31 pm »

Jokerman:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That may look chain-lynchy, but that's really how the game works when you look at it. And I'm not going to push the lynch myself, so I don't see what you're driving at. I'll still have to make a case and get support. You know...like normal gameplay. So what's your point?

We're not on-course for a no-lynch. Besides that, there's plenty of time for changes to occur. My vote goes on whomever I think is scummy.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2011, 11:14:12 pm »

Jim:
WHY?

It's not like you to get worked up over, well, anything. And you've done it twice this game. I'm not sure what it means, since you've played perfectly calm scum and town games.

What's going on? Why are you getting frustrated?

I'm just hoping to get it through to Ottofar that he should back up his claims with evidence.  Probably a waste of time, but I'm not giving up.

WHY?
Yeah. Rather good question. I'm feeling quite bad now.

Top 3:
 Dariush

Web/Book, of which Web's not likely to be the exterminator, and Book is.

Toaster

Then'd come probably Mr. P, and Leafsnail.

Ok, yeah, waste of time.

Leafsnail:  I had low quality reads on the three targets, and the latter two aren't contributing as much as I'd like to see.  Mostly, it was to get them talking more.   You and Joker are doing better, Pandar is not.

I notice you never re-voted.  Are you waiting for answers?  If no, why not?

On that note, Pandar:  You never answered the underlined part:

While I've got you, who are your #2 and #3 scumpicks?  Who on your scumlist do you find worthy of shooting if they don't hang tonight?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2011, 03:12:24 am »

Oh, sorry.

Ottofar is definitely it if he doesn't get lynched. By next sunrise, we'll be quite free of Ottofail.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2011, 12:01:25 pm »

By the way, Extension. Only one will be lynched today.

I've been busy, so I'll support that: Extension, please. Pending answers coming later today.

I had a nice post going this morning but had to abandon it for 2 hours to try and get something scanned, then got my hair cut, then had a hang out session, and then had chess.
So, that'll get finished tomorrow. I'm tired now and am doing some homework. Just in case you're wondering, you groovy dogs. Time to boogaloo on outta here.
Yeah, yeah, you may be the coolest person ever, you groovy dog, but you're still scum and I won't let you get away with active lurking. You'd better have something useful to say soon.

8-P
Active lurking? Not only is it the weekend (I got rather busy on Friday, due to unexpected things happening, and Saturday was filled by Friday activities), but if you're going to call that active lurking, then you might as well call out Pandarsenic for actually lurking.

Dude, don't get your panties in a bunch. I was poking fun at you for the chess thing, you groovy dog.
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 21, 2011, 12:55:45 pm »

Sure, extend.

What are we extending for? I'd prefer it if we had a lynch today instead.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »

Spoiler: Jokerman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

As for breaking the current NL situation: Ottofar.  Making a simple mistake isn't scummy, but throwing out names in an attempt to look active while not providing any actual reasoning or content is.  Especially if you're trying to respond to a "why?" question.

For extension... well, I won't be here from tomorrow, but other people can have one if they really need it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:56 pm »

Withdraw extension.

I only wanted the no lynch to be resolved. I have no reason to extend other than to be nice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 21, 2011, 03:08:47 pm »

I suspect Book more than Ottofar, but Ottofar's actions have been really, really lurky and passive and lazy and whatnot.

I'll accept an Ottofar lynch. I'll make a post with content before the day ends in three hours. Or during the night, if I come out a little late.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2011, 04:00:31 pm »

I'm catching up with the walls of text. Person's first, wuba's in a little while.

Webadict lying about the statistics would be a great case, but the stats being wrong or even Webadict's analysis of them being wrong could just be Webadict being wrong. It's a null tell. And Webadict's stats are not wrong since they're empirical data.
I think the point has been overdone, so I'll be brief: I agree that if he was merely wrong, it'd be a null tell, but if he's purposefully lying, it'd be a scumtell. I say he has been purposefully lying about it (like when he said "but I know the truth" contradicting Meph), and using that lie as support for his case on Toaster and I. But he's been caught and knows it, so he's backtracking on that too now.

Webadict's statistics are entirely valid. Observe. Seven Paranormals with kooks in them. One had no kooks, four had one kook, and two had two kooks. The evidence suggests that most Paranormals are going to have at least one kook in them. Combined with the fact we have two kook claimers and that scum probably aren't going to risk two kook claims, I think we can agree that at least one of the two kooks is town. If you don't, you can say so, but I feel 100% confident in saying at least one of the kooks is town.
Again, I'd rather not rehash this. But the core point is that wuba didn't say, as you have above, "most Paranormals are going to have at least one kook". He said all Paranormals must have at least one kook. There's a world of difference. When contradicted by Meph, he insisted he was right and Meph was wrong. The other point I don't dispute; for this particular game, I'm OK with the notion that at least one of the kooks is certainly town. I'm not sure which one, though, as both seem scummy to me at the moment.

You actually have a few points and a LOT of potential points to make, you're just passing them all up to make stupid points that nobody is taking seriously.
So, you think there are potential points about wuba that I'm not making, meaning that you've seen him do scummy things, but have not pointed them out... interesting. Why wouldn't you just point them out yourself, Person?

And no, you don't have to respond to a post if it's a waste of time. Mafia isn't about being polite, it's about catching the scum.
They're not mutually exclusive. Call it a personality quirk if you like, but in general I try to respond to any questions addressed to me.

Still, I want to hear from you what your exact read on Ottofar is. Are his recent actions those of a townie? Is his lurking and active lurking ok? You've cleverly dodged the issue until now, but now you're telling me exactly what you think of Ottofar.
Up to now I had been undecided. He's been too Ottofary to conclusively say one way or another. But his latests failures at answering simple questions, refusal to provide any reasoning whatsoever, and activelurking make me think he's more likely scum than town.

I still can't believe you're saying Toaster is scum for his "suspiciously early claim". You've held onto this bullshit for so long it's getting scummy. What exactly do you want a D1 claiming kook to do? Walk me through it. I want to see your thought process here.
I didn't say he's scum for his early claim. I said the timing and circumstances of his claim prompted me to not buy it, and the rest of his play seems scummy to me.

As to what a kook should do about claiming, that's easy: claim whenever he wants, however he wants, but be prepared for people not buying it. There's nothing a claimant can do to make sure everyone buys it, and that's as it should be, otherwise claiming would be the way to become a confirmed townie. I'm not saying claiming is scummy, I'm saying that it's a null tell, and should never make people convinced that the claimant is sincere, regardless of the circumstances of the claim.

[lurking]
I am honestly offended. [...] You can kinda say I'm lurking, I can see that case, sure, but active lurking? Fuck you, I am definitely not active lurking. [...]So what say you to this strong conflicting evidence, Book?
I say you make too much of it. Since you seem to really get irked at the ill-defined term "lurking", I'll withdraw it and instead say that one of the things I find suspicious about you is your "posting pattern". Better? Why do I find it suspicious? Mostly because it is compatible with how I've seen you play scum; also because it's a way for you to selectively focus your answers/questions to things that have happened long after the fact instead of being responsive to changing circumstances; and it's a way for you to dredge things that have been already addressed/answered by others (like your points to Jim about Pandar, or the statistics), so that you can truthfully claim you're stirring discussion without that discussion being actually useful.

I fail to see why you expect Toaster to comment on Web thinking he's town. Do you expect everyone to comment whenever anybody says anything about their alignment? No?
Yes! If I said "I'm convinced Person is town!" I'd expect you to at least ask "why?" or say "don't buddy/defend me". Sure, maybe not comment "whenever anybody says anything" about alignment, but a statement of certainty? Definitely. Unless you aren't actually town and prefer to just sit back and allow the statement to sit unchallenged, as it's good for your image.

The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2011, 05:28:31 pm »

Firstly: Unvote.  Looking back at it, my attacking of Book seemed to be mainly out of anger that he blocked an extension that I wanted and the statistics stuff, and the lack of context I had from not reading a lot of the longer posts on previous pages.  I think this post answered most of my points well.
Fair enough. Your being reasonable makes me less certain that you are indeed wuba's scumbuddy, but you're still high on my suspicions list; we can wait to rehash those until you're back, though. Unvote. Have fun in Venice, it's a beautiful place, but it stinks to high heaven.

Now to wuba's WoT. You'll pardon me if I strip it down a bit, but several of these points have been masticated to a pulp already, and we're unlikely to convince each other or the rest.

As for suggesting the chainlynch, maybe you "didn't" but I never suggest chainlynching at all. You seem to think that's what I'm implying. I'm not, and that's not even what the numbers are for. [...] The only thing I can say that you've proven is that you didn't suggest chainlynching.
Thank you for finally admitting that you lied every time you said I pushed for a chainlynch. Of which there are multiple instances, which I can quote if people have forgotten. This admitted lie, and Leafsnail's vacation, make me return to my original scummiest target: Webadict.

To clarify, I didn't say you suggested the chainlynch either. As I explained to Leaf earlier, I put it forward as a consequence of your numbers, to see if (being town) that'd make you disown them, or if (being scum) you'd insist on them anyway. You did the latter.

#6: Right. So, you never backtracked ever. Besides ALWAYS. You always skip over that! You keep saying that claiming Kook is a null tell, and yet you keep saying it is a scum tell! You never make up your mind, and you've only said that it was a null tell to keep people from pointing out how blatantly lying you are about how helpful Kook claiming is, but say it is a scum tell to keep people from pointing out how blatantly pointless your attack on Toaster was. [...] Alright. You asked for it. Is it fifty posts? No. But it's enough for you to be lying.
In general however, I do agree that a Kook claim in itself is a null tell: it doesn't make people scummy on its own, but it doesn't make them townier either.
Toaster is suspicious first because of his immediate kook claim. He seemed too eager to get on the ground floor, preempting any actual kooks claiming ahead of him. This is the best way to play it if you are scum fakeclaiming it, and Toaster is savvy enough and hard enough to read to get away with it. If Ottofar had claimed first, then Toaster would, I think, not have claimed at all. But that's not all. Toaster's posts so far have been noncommittal and give me the impression that he's trying to attack without fully engaging, which is how I've seen him play scum.
As I said, it's not just your claiming kook, but your amazing speed at doing so that strikes me as scummy. If you had done it an hour or two later it would have seemed less scummy. It just reeks to me as a preemptive fakeclaim. In isolation it's not much, but the rest of your posts also strike me as scummy, how you've managed to attack without engaging is compatible with what I know of your scum game, as is your silence over web's relentless defence of your towniehood (a townie would at least have said "hey, don't defend/buddy me"). Still, it's not enough for me to be certain you are scum, but it is enough for me to distrust your claim, leaving the fakeclaim a distinct possibility.
You imply that the null tell is a scumtell is a null tell, etc. [...] Now, even if that were it, it still wouldn't matter, but then assume that said second player never tries to determine how scummy first player is. Dur. It was the kook claim that you found scummy. You can argue "it was the way he claimed kook" but whether or not you actually believe that, it was the kook claim. You could not have been happy no matter how he would have posted it. If he posted it later, you would have argued that Town would claim in their first post. It's a trap that has no win, and you know it.
Yup, nowhere near fifty posts, and I see no backtracking at all there. Though I will grant that the "just" you underline in the last one was unfortunate. That one word is the closest I can see to your "you've bactracked again and again" thing. People can decide for themselves whether that one word is enough to grant your point, though I'd say not by a long shot.

As to the rest, as I said to Person earlier: claiming kook is fine and is not scummy on its own (it's, as I've said a zillion times, a null tell). However, regardless of whom or when does the claim, they should always be prepared for people not buying it; otherwise they'd become confirmed townies. I didn't buy it. However, if Ottofar flips scum, I'll be OK with buying it and consider Toaster pretty much a confirmed townie.

#7: When I said "losing the lead" I meant that the Town was one vote short of an Extension, well doable in two hours with about 8 people already voting on Extensions. With one further, it was nearly impossible. You did shorten the Day. Not admitting it is scummier for you than it is for everyone pointing out you shortened the Day. BECAUSE YOU DID.

#8: I think you've mixed up some points. Leafsnail wanted an Extension, for one. Ottofar and Native don't seem to have anything to do with this, for another. You're trying to pass blame onto others. Just like many things, I see. As for your shortening having a reason, see #4. I'll try not to "repeat myself."
*sigh* I can't believe just how much you've harped on this. Please review my post to Leafsnail earlier where I give detailed explanations in context for my thought process and rationale. But fine, I refuse to be part of further discussions of this business now, or for the next day. I withdraw my extension request, allowing things to take their natural course. Extend or don't, I'll neither support nor object, as I'm fed up with this conversation.

#10: Your point about the independence of my and Toaster's scummitude being independent is utterly shattered by you combining my and Leafsnail's scummitude with no reason other than for me too look worse by you attacking Leafsnail and then combining his and my stances together. There's no reason to assume my and Leafsnail's scummitude are in any way linked as much as my and Toaster's. But you did.
No. Just because I don't think these two people are necessarily a pair it doesn't mean I can think these other two can be. Leafsnail jumped into the bandwagon you created, citing your reasons, quoting your posts, and imparting credence to your rationale, so it certainly seemed to me you were acting as a team, so I pointed it out. Toaster, on the other hand, has not seemed to act in concert with you yet (if anything, he seems to be purposefully avoiding to engage you at all), so I cannot draw the same conclusion.

In general, people's scumminess is rarely linked. You read people as scum or not, and only infer teams if the evidence seems to independently support it. Your being scum doesn't make Toaster any more or less scummy (or the other way around, really), but if one of you flips, your conversations (or lack thereof) will be reread with that new information in mind. That's as it should be, yes? But again, for the reasons listed at the start of the post, I'm no longer convinced Leaf is your scumbuddy. He may be, but I'm OK with leaving that conversation for tomorrow when he's back.

#4: The passive aggressive point you make at the end. If you think I'm scum, then vote me. You're going after Leafsnail, who is using the same information I'm bringing up. Obviously, you don't want me gone, as I'm a constant source of activity for you. Oh, and because if I were dead, people would know I'm town. Clearly, if I'm scum, I'm obviously covering for my buddies over here by making you vote me.
Done. I've voted you, as you requested. But yes, you're right: the game is more fun with you than without you. But that's outweighed by your scumminess, so you should be lynched or shot regardless.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 21, 2011, 05:51:31 pm »

Because I didn't put a lot of thought into the post itself. If it was going to be a bus, I would have jumped on earlier, specifically to avoid accusations such as the one you're placing on me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

Aah, I see how I missed those. I read them just fine, it's just that any posts made after my last D1 post were made before I got another chance to post. By the time I got back onto the forums, it was N1. N1 lasted about 2.5 days from when I got back on, so it was 3 days total before I was able to post. By that point I had totally forgotten about all the posts made at this time period or that I had never responded to any of them. Oops.

Mr.Person:
Why does it feel like you're defending Book here? For one thing, you're listing off his reasons, which should be impossible, given that you're not Book. Beyond that, it appears that your main argument is that Book's refusal to answer a "frivolous" question is ultimately unimportant. If that's your claim, then I would ask you what the point of the RVS is. Here I was thinking it was to ask frivolous questions until you start to suspect something. That's what happened here - Book's refusal to answer was enough to get someone's attention. What's wrong with pursuing after that?

Probably feels like I was defending Book since I was actually defending Book. You could even argue I was chainsaw defending him if you want. The argument is bullshit, though, it was and still is.

I can quite confidentially list Book's reasons there for several reasons. First off, I'm fairly good at reading people. Second, Book made his reasoning quite clear. It's crappy reasoning and I'm not even sure if I believe Book on it, but Book said out loud why he didn't answer.

It's not that Jim asked a frivilous question in RVS, it's that he didn't pursue Book at all. He just took Book's refusal to answer a question as an excuse to throw a vote and walk away.

I might have missed it if there were questions directed at me (I did a basic reread, but I'm exhausted so forgive me if I did).

Webadict is being suspiciously loud this game. I mean, he's always loud and, well, WUBA, but this game it feels as though he's trying too hard to defend himself before evolving into an attack on Jim. I expected the attack sooner, to be honest, and it felt as though he wasn't playing as he usually does as Town, though that's been abated a bit.

JTF...it's never easy for me to read JTF, but I feel like he's giving off a more Town vibe. His posts have been constructive and he's been voicing suspicions and pursuing scum. All in all, Town read.

Ottofar is being Ottofar, as Pandarsenic said. Out of all three, I'd have to say he's the most scummy to me: his claim was interesting, to say the least. However, from there, he's been more and more scattered, and not making all that much sense. He's also not pursuing scum at all; only answering questions and leaving it at that.

Your position on Web is really stupid since it seems to be "talking a lot = scum" which is laughably false. You're gonna have to prove he's scum via the things he says and not make blanket statements about how much he's saying.

What suspicions? What scum? I see none of those things when I look at JTF's posts. I see empty statements of character that can be read either way. I see no real pressure applied to anyone. I see no real vote or anything at all that makes me think JTF is town. I just see crappy questions that mean nothing.

In what way is Ottofar's claim suspicious? Don't even think of saying "kook=fakeclaim" since that's not allowed. At least come up with a real reason, even if it's Book's crappy reasoning.

I wasn't saying that talking a lot=scum, but thanks for trying to put a meaning in there. Interesting, too, considering that you're the one with the largest posts; trying to make us believe that talking a lot could never be scummy? But no, my opinion on Webadict has changed now. From what I've read, he's coming across as legitimately pissed off town, and not overly-chatty scum. Gut feeling, though.

As for JTF, while a lot of his posts may be passive - indeed, I'm more used to him being a hardliner - there have been points where I've read what he's saying and agreed, which would mean...what? That I'm subconsciously passive? No, it means that he has made a few points and ignoring them wholesale to agree with WUBA (even using WUBA's reasoning) is stupid. That said, I don't feel like Janus is Town anymore. I don't necessarily feel like he's scum, either, but I hesitate to say that I don't suspect him anymore. In fact, I do.

Where did I say his claim was suspicious? That's the most blatant attempt at putting words in my mouth that I've seen this game. I said interesting, a word that has none of the same connotation, on this or any board, and I would thank you to slow your goddam roll for a second and read what I actually wrote. Interesting, that is, bearing interest - his claim was a topic of discussion and personal reflection, and I never said one way or the other how I felt about it. Except, oh wait, yes I did. I explicitly said that it wasn't a tell, and that reading into it would be different for each person.

So tell me, do I still need a reason?

I love how you explicitly say I'm misunderstanding you and then fail to correct me on what you actually meant with Webadict up there. Your read may have changed, but I still want to figure out what you were saying. I honestly cannot figure it out, it sounds like you're saying Webadict was scummy for talking too much. And that's just from your "suspiciously loud" bit.

Passive, passive, passive. Once again you try to take both sides and fail at it. Did you think Janus was scummy or not? You eventually say he was, but not before waffling on the subject several times.

If you thought the claim was a null tell, why did you bring it up when you were explaining why you thought Ottofar was scum? When you say "interesting claim, to say the least", you're implying you're understating what it actually is, which in this case would be that it's a scummy claim. You may not of said it was scummy out loud, but you were implying it was.

I'm going to claim now, however; to make up for my failure to move my vote and to prevent today from getting locked on Janus again, I shot him to lay the matter to rest. As you can see, he was NOT a vig and I probably should've shot Ottofar instead, but there you have it.

I hate your wording. Too town flag wavy for me. Killing JTF was a pro-town move but I don't know, you seem really eager to show it.

Let's just say I suspect you as a likely Exterminator candidate and move on.

Seriously, Pand explaining his pro-town move is scummy? How do things work over in opposite world? What do you want Pand to do, not explain his reasoning? Pand's exact reasoning was "Janus was going to get lynched tomorrow, I gave the town its lynch back. It was the right move" and you call that townie flag-waving? Pand didn't boast or say he was town because he killed Janus, he just said he killed Janus and it was correct to do so. So your argument is completely baseless and you have no evidence to suggest Pand is an extie. You're only trying to spread mistrust when there's no reason to do so. Nice attempt, scummy mcscum scum, but I already have maximum mistrust levels for Pand to begin with.

I already explained this to Pandarsenic.

Pandarsenic, because he waved his town flag over killing JTF. And then he appealed to authority over it when I brought it up instead of his own arguments.

We were in agreement that the move was correct. Your only argument was that I claimed vig to clear up any ambiguity about the kill, which was so pro-town it was scummy. I simply cited why that was stupid.

It's not so much what you did. It's the reasons you gave. You said, "I did this for you." instead of, "I did this for me." There are several very good reasons for why you did what you did, and I don't question them. But it's your generous attitude towards the rest of the town over it that personally makes me suspicious.

Given the opportunity, scum love doing things for the town and love letting everybody know about them. This is what I suspect Pandarsenic for.

So why aren't you talking to Pand? Why aren't you asking important questions such as "Why did you decide killing Janus was more important than hitting a player you thought was more likely to be scum?" By the way, Pand, go ahead and answer that.

Webadict lying about the statistics would be a great case, but the stats being wrong or even Webadict's analysis of them being wrong could just be Webadict being wrong. It's a null tell. And Webadict's stats are not wrong since they're empirical data.
I think the point has been overdone, so I'll be brief: I agree that if he was merely wrong, it'd be a null tell, but if he's purposefully lying, it'd be a scumtell. I say he has been purposefully lying about it (like when he said "but I know the truth" contradicting Meph), and using that lie as support for his case on Toaster and I. But he's been caught and knows it, so he's backtracking on that too now.

I agree that Meph is wrong. He didn't explicitly set there to always be a kook, but there's nearly always been one. That's just how it works. You could probably do the same thing with any low-weight role and get similar or identical role spreads. Meph might even be aware that kooks are too likely, but he'd still lie anyways just to dissuade people from using that evidence as proof one of the kooks is telling the truth. That's his job as a moderator, bend the truth or even lie to improve the game. Now I know you're talking to me right now, but you haven't provided a shred of evidence that Webadict is lying. Not a one.

Webadict's statistics are entirely valid. Observe. Seven Paranormals with kooks in them. One had no kooks, four had one kook, and two had two kooks. The evidence suggests that most Paranormals are going to have at least one kook in them. Combined with the fact we have two kook claimers and that scum probably aren't going to risk two kook claims, I think we can agree that at least one of the two kooks is town. If you don't, you can say so, but I feel 100% confident in saying at least one of the kooks is town.
Again, I'd rather not rehash this. But the core point is that wuba didn't say, as you have above, "most Paranormals are going to have at least one kook". He said all Paranormals must have at least one kook. There's a world of difference. When contradicted by Meph, he insisted he was right and Meph was wrong. The other point I don't dispute; for this particular game, I'm OK with the notion that at least one of the kooks is certainly town. I'm not sure which one, though, as both seem scummy to me at the moment.

Pay attention to this quote, kids. It becomes important later. So you agree that because of the kook claims, one of them is extremely likely to be town. Alright.

Webadict is the kind of guy that deals with certainties. He doesn't say "It's likely player X is town", he says "Player X is town".

You actually have a few points and a LOT of potential points to make, you're just passing them all up to make stupid points that nobody is taking seriously.
So, you think there are potential points about wuba that I'm not making, meaning that you've seen him do scummy things, but have not pointed them out... interesting. Why wouldn't you just point them out yourself, Person?

I don't think Webadict is scum. I could make a case for him being scum, but I'm not since I'd be painting a player I think is town to be scum. I could focus on Webadict's exact word usage, for instance. There's some mud to fling there. I could probably find a fault or two in Web's case against Janus. I dunno, I'm not really checking. The point was that your case is extremely stupid and you've done nothing to find a better one when your current evidence got ripped to shreds.

I still can't believe you're saying Toaster is scum for his "suspiciously early claim". You've held onto this bullshit for so long it's getting scummy. What exactly do you want a D1 claiming kook to do? Walk me through it. I want to see your thought process here.
I didn't say he's scum for his early claim. I said the timing and circumstances of his claim prompted me to not buy it, and the rest of his play seems scummy to me.

As to what a kook should do about claiming, that's easy: claim whenever he wants, however he wants, but be prepared for people not buying it. There's nothing a claimant can do to make sure everyone buys it, and that's as it should be, otherwise claiming would be the way to become a confirmed townie. I'm not saying claiming is scummy, I'm saying that it's a null tell, and should never make people convinced that the claimant is sincere, regardless of the circumstances of the claim.

But you just said one of the kook claimers was town. Now you say that not only is it a null tell, it's actually something to supect them over. AKA something scummy. That's a strange lie, Book.

I fail to see why you expect Toaster to comment on Web thinking he's town. Do you expect everyone to comment whenever anybody says anything about their alignment? No?
Yes! If I said "I'm convinced Person is town!" I'd expect you to at least ask "why?" or say "don't buddy/defend me". Sure, maybe not comment "whenever anybody says anything" about alignment, but a statement of certainty? Definitely. Unless you aren't actually town and prefer to just sit back and allow the statement to sit unchallenged, as it's good for your image.
[/quote]

I've not responded once when people have called me town. There's no reason to do so, I don't care. It doesn't help me catch scum and it might convince them to start voting a townie. It's lose-lose.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40