Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124804 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 3 darkens
« Reply #450 on: February 25, 2011, 07:54:01 pm »

Oh, no. Not a grudge, and I'm not using it as an excuse or explanation or a copout. I'm also not trying to ruin a game. I'm just saying that your scumhunting skills towards me have been terribly lacking.

I'm voting you because I think you're either scum vig or an exterminator. Neither of which is good for town.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:32 pm »

NativeForeigner, just in case you're town, I'd like to point something out to you.

There are 4 dopps alive.

Would they allow their doppelganger vig to die?

Furthermore, let's imagine I am an exterminator who picked an extremely idiotic tech.  You lynch me.  The 4 doppelgangers... instantly win.  Yay?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 25, 2011, 08:09:05 pm »

The dopps would only be able to block the lynching of a dopp vig like that if the warden is also scum. But if the warden and a dopp are scum, we're screwed anyways. So at most one of the two vigilantes and warden is scum. Two of them are town.

Unvote while I figure out what the best move is. Pand, Leafsnail, who do you plan on shooting tonight?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 25, 2011, 08:11:56 pm »

Book.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 25, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »

Alright, alright, give me a while to reread things and rethink things. You might be right. I still think you're anti-town, to say the least, but it looks like I'm rushing into something that might lose the game.

Obeject to shorten and unvote for now.

As for the dopps allowing their vig to die, that seems like total WIFOM.

And now that I think about it, if you're an exterminator, you're going to have to hit scum in order to have a hope of winning, so nothing will be gained by lynching you, that will only cause the dopps to win.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 25, 2011, 08:16:15 pm »

It's not WIFOM, it's that if both exties or an extie and warden are scum, we have no chance anyways. They tie, they shoot us during the night. If an extie is scum, we have to shoot him during the night and roleblock the kill.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2011, 08:17:35 pm »

The Whiteboard
Leafsnail: Argembarger, Book, Pandarsenic
Mr.Person: Dariush
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester
No Lynch: Leafsnail

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 25, 2011, 08:18:48 pm »

As for the dopps allowing their vig to die, that seems like total WIFOM.
Only it's not, because they could actually win the game if they didn't.  WIFOM breaks down when you get to "Win the game or spread WIFOM" and you know it.

If we had a theoretically scenario where there is a dopp vig, and the scum all outed themselves today by stopping him from getting lynched, there'd still be no way to beat them.  Even if Argem were town, he'd only be able to stop one of the 2 kills, and the other one would hit the town vig, ending the game.

And now that I think about it, if you're an exterminator, you're going to have to hit scum in order to have a hope of winning, so nothing will be gained by lynching you, that will only cause the dopps to win.
Yes.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 25, 2011, 08:29:17 pm »

8p, town vig and warden, dopp vig.

NL during the day.
During the night, warden blocks the scum vig. Dopps shoot a random townie (we're going with the best case scenario and assuming the warden blocks whoever is shooting the town's vig. If the dopps killl the town's vig, they win anyways.
6p, 3 scum 3 townies.
Warden blocks a random dopp, dopps shoot at vig, vig shoots dopp. If the warden hits the killing dopp, the town wins. If the warden misses, the dopps win.

Not good odds, but at least it's possible. Either way, we need 4 votes on a dopp to out the dopp team. Book

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 25, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »

But if the warden and a dopp are scum, we're screwed anyways.

Crap. I guess we're screwed then, because I'm pretty sure at least one of the dopps is scum.

If an extie is scum, we have to shoot him during the night and roleblock the kill.

Yeah. We're fucked. The extie is probably scum too!

Book

Yeah, that's the best choice. Clearly Book is clearly one of the two possibilities you list. Clearly. He must be scum!

Jim: See? I told you.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 25, 2011, 10:39:22 pm »

I was in a hurry. Those two were meant to be "vigilantes". Sue me.

Anyways, Book, your talk of Exterminators is frankly bullshit. If we lynch an Extie right now, we lose. End of story. There is a 0% chance of either vig-claimer hitting the end of the game, period. The dopps will be more than happy to take care of exties for us.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 25, 2011, 11:20:20 pm »

I was in a hurry. Those two were meant to be "vigilantes". Sue me.

Sue you? Sue you!? No, sir, I won't sue you: I will Vote You! I will vote you so hard you'll wish I had sued you instead! I'll vote you like you've never been voted before! I'll vote you into next Tuesday! I'll rip your head off and vote down your throat! I'll vote you up the arse until your eyes bleed! When I'm done voting you, you'll wish you'd never been born!

Anyways, Book, your talk of Exterminators is frankly bullshit. If we lynch an Extie right now, we lose. End of story.

Right! Let's not lynch any exties. Or vigs. Or scums. Or any other misplaced word you might of misused! Let's lynch a Doppelganger Fakeclaiming "Reporter" instead! That's a great plan sure to result in victory!

You, Mr.Person, are a liar, a coward, and a disconcordant cur. Oh, and scum as well. Probably.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 25, 2011, 11:33:43 pm »

*yawn*

Transparent attempt to draw all attention is transparent.

Well, it's good to know Book is scum, but it still doesn't leave us with any choice good choice to lynch.

Hint: It's Pandarsenic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38:50 pm »

I don't think you understand, Book. The only scenario where we lynch scum is if both vigilantes are town. I dunno about you, but if I was scum with a dopp-vig right now, I would gladly take "guess who's killing and try and block them" game. Now, I'd also try and maneuver the votes like you're trying to do, but I'm not falling for that shit.

That "probably" at the end of your post is the biggest tell ever that you know I'm actually town and are lying about thinking I'm scum.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:15 pm »

I don't think you understand, Book. The only scenario where we lynch scum is if both vigilantes are town. I dunno about you, but if I was scum with a dopp-vig right now, I would gladly take "guess who's killing and try and block them" game. Now, I'd also try and maneuver the votes like you're trying to do, but I'm not falling for that shit.

Oh. Yes. That makes sense. I still don't buy that you are town, but now that you've explained your plan it does look like the last chance of victory possible. OK. I hereby Unvote you so hard that your eyes bleed!

OK, so, who do you propose we lynch instead? Jim? He's obviously scummy, trying to draw all attention, yawning seductively like that. But if we can't lynch the exts or the vigs or the dopps or the mods... who's left?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40