Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56634 times)

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 2: Lordskullkersmashed
« Reply #360 on: March 04, 2011, 09:06:04 pm »

No I don't have suspicion of you,
because you just got here,
It's just a benefit of the doubt thing,
until you do a scummy thing,
at which point will be piled with japa's scummy things.

isn't*  :P
Sorry typo...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:14 pm »

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2011, 09:45:26 pm »

Yep, that's a town attitude.

And to think I have to wait through Sunday to see you hang.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 05, 2011, 01:12:22 am »

Unvote LNCP.  That's what I wanted from Japa- commitment.

Going to reread tomorrow to see who is the scummier of SaintDraze and Tyberix- too late tonight.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 05, 2011, 06:24:06 am »

I'd like some responses from Tyberix and SaintDraze, now that I took the time to formulate a proper attack.

Until then:
SaintDraze: Who are your scumpicks and why? What is your read on everyone so far?
Ottofar: Same questions as SaintDraze. Why have you been lurking so much?
Tyberix: Why so quiet? Elaborate on your vote. How is SaintDraze scummy?
Painiac: You seem to suddenly have disappeared once the bandwagon formed. Why is this? Why are you not participating?
Toaster: How is D2 going, in your opinion? What do you think of the other players so far?
Jim Groovester: Why are you not questioning other town as well? Don't you think it's rather too quiet?

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 05, 2011, 06:41:12 am »

-

This strikes me as an attempt to gain favour by posing yourself to be insightful.
That's why i write that i played only one game before , i'm still new to this and my tactics are pretty basic ones.
Not to mention that you're quite hypocritical; you've done your fair share of lurking, and your participation in scumhunting seems to be minor.

-

A heated attack because of an innocent comment. Why did you lash out so quickly?
First i misunderstood his words as exact opposite of what he said. Besides that at this point of the game i was still undecided who to vote and that was more of a nervousness-check vote.
You're scum, indecisive and looking for a target to attack. In this post, you've tried to attack Supercharazard - but you were too eager and too quick, and the only thing you've done is expose your filthy underbelly.
I agree that i'm indecisive and looking for target to attack - but that's not making me scum, how would i scumhunt without it, especially that i haven't got clear suspect at this point ? Waiting and watching is worse than attacking in my opinion.
-

Suddenly, you're acting very defensive. Did Jim's piercing question unnerve you?

I can see you're repeating yourself throughout the post, and a general nervous/defensive tone; a very unusual reaction to a comment. This is further aided by the responses you have made below:
If someone says that what i do is scummy, and i'm not seeing why i try to clarify why i did that.If it's not enough to convince them after long discussion over one topic i just give up - maybe not the best way of dealing with it but if can't persuade others what i have in mind it will surely degrade into heated quarrel that's completely useless , and in this exact example it was mainly my part , i admit. :\
-

Here, I see that same nervous, defensive styling.

If you think you're going to end up writing a null post, do some investigation or ask some questions. This is not an excuse, scum.
You're breaching into WIFOM territory here, a sign that you're getting nervous and disorganised. Yet another bad reaction, and a hint as to your true nature.
What part of this is Wifom except my bit strange habit of ending each sentence with "Or maybe you're scum ?" - not sure what gotten into me there.
-

Dodging questions and poor replies. You're making up all sorts of unnecessary excuses and defenses for yourself, and they seem largely disorganised. It really does seem he touched a nerve, and you're just slipping up more and more.

-

Why are you trying to stifle investigation and discussion? Any attempt to do so can only be considered scummy, as town benefits from any and all discussion.
The second bit is just pure WIFOM. I keep noticing that in your posts; bits of it spread everywhere. Bad arguments, bad invesitagation. As scum, you're finding yourself unable to make an good attacks, so you fall back on wine.
Well, the problem is that asking for other reasons to vote someone every time you want to accuse him isn't good way of finding evidence. I wouldn't mind it if he done it after posting his own reasons, unless the ones he posted are all he got.
How the second part is WIFOM, asking why he put that as a scumtell is something that's not derived from facts (his question) or i'm making up his post ?

-

More defensiveness, and you're beating around the bush with that question. Why didn't you simply answer the question straight on, instead of converting it into some poorly-formulated counter-attack?
Because i find it bit strange to say that i should ignore all comments on my scuminness.
You're scum finding himself unable to give reasons for the actions he's doing. There is no reason for you to dodge that question, and doing so only goes to show that you do not have an answer.

-

You're firing back with a question of little importance or relevance, and you've failed to defend yourself regarding your emotions. You're defending yourself against attack that are not there, and fighting back against pressure that does not exist. Where did this sudden heat come from? Why weren't you this aggressive earlier, in D1?

A sudden change of behaviour, from lurker to attacker. Very suspicious.

-

I say, you're not making that many points for your pick either, or making much of an attack. Your aggressiveness should be directed at scum and investigation, yet you sit here and defend yourself constantly.

Ugh, more passivity. If he is your prime suspect, then you should not be hesitating. You're making up excuses for not being functional town and doing it badly too.

-

Unaggressive my ass. You were clearly emotional, and no amount of excuses and spin doctoring is going to cover that up.

-

More waffling and indecision. Where did all that energy go? Why are you being such a useless town?

At least mention the reasons you have for Ottofar. Oh wait, you don't have any, do you? Yes. Do i attacked him ? No. Why are you making this up ? Why else would you keep ignoring question after question regarding your reasons?
Beacause he was not the one i suspected at this point ?  Not sure where you got that idea. Also i'm still not sure if should take replaced person slips into account when attacking replacement.

-

What are your reasons for the St.D pick, then? you haven't mentioned any of those, just like you neglected to mention your reasons for Ottofar. You're taking refuge in mindless bangwagonning, in the hopes that it will provide you with some reasons instead of making them yourself.

SaintDraze latest war-crime list:
-Completely ignoring scumhunt.
-Completely ignoring questions.
-Deciding who is scum before questioning or even someone's posting.
-Voting supported by "feeling" with "he done it other game" and Wifom.
-Nearly active lurking - no questions,no serious remarks,rarely simple answers but with astounding frequency.
-If he doesn't have any suspects by this time it's only because he can't find reasons to say that town is scummy.
-D1: voting yourself,giving up,heated argue with super from which in my opinion he tried to back off but couldn't.

I've picked Tyberix over St.D because to me it just seems St.D's just being a bad player; he's far too blatant and obvious, and though it may be a risky assumption, my gut tells me scum would show themselves in other ways.
That's the similar to what i think about him but i think he crossed the line between his annoying town play and his "trying too much to be towny" as scum it just doubles his natural scuminess.
And they have, in the form of Tyberix. His inconsistent behaviour is odd, and as are his reactions. He's backtracking and refusing to provide reasons, and being deliberately vague.

SaintDraze If you're giving LNCP chance to explain ,why you're not asking any questions ? You plan on being 100% neutral and leaving it undefinetely ? That's not how mafia works.

FakeEdit :
LNCP: Bit of my SaintDraze vote reasons are above, i'll post bit more later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 05, 2011, 10:27:04 am »

SaintDraze.

Looking back, both SaintDraze and Tyberix are guilty of some of the same crimes- most notably, being waffley and noncommittal with their votes.  Super is worse about at, and more besides.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1986225#msg1986225
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=32191
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1986510#msg1986510
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1986717#msg1986717
Starting off with antagonization.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1987231#msg1987231
Cracking as soon as a little pressure comes his way

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1989115#msg1989115
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1992815#msg1992815
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1994063#msg1994063
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg1994861#msg1994861
(And more)
This obsession with those not voting him being scum is perplexing.  I can't see any logic or reason behind it, which naturally translates into scummy- he's almost daring people to vote for him.

I gotta run now, but this is the start of my case.  I'll finish it up when I have more time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2011, 02:06:10 pm »

Jim Groovester: Why are you not questioning other town as well? Don't you think it's rather too quiet?

Yeah, it's quiet, but this is what happens when the game gets extended five days past its original deadline. People run out of things to talk about.

I'm not asking questions of other town because I don't have anything to ask them. Everybody's posted their case for their vote, I see no problem with their reasoning, and I happen to share many of their suspicions.

You do point out that Painiac hasn't posted in forever, so that's got me curious.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 05, 2011, 02:26:48 pm »

LNCP Business, Laziness. All the ordinary stuff.
+I've been relatively unlurky here, compared to some of my recent games.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 05, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »

LNCP Business, Laziness. All the ordinary stuff.
+I've been relatively unlurky here, compared to some of my recent games.

Then:
Who are your scumpicks and why? What is your read on everyone so far?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 05, 2011, 04:21:21 pm »

St.D, who I'm voting. Explaint before.
Tyberix. Explaint before.
Japa was my third pick

Phonepost so no explains.
And my read on everyone else is town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 05, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »

I do have internet, and I AM able to end the Day at 9 PM today if it is wanted.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 06, 2011, 01:47:05 am »

I'm okay with that.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 06, 2011, 04:38:40 pm »

You're scum, indecisive and looking for a target to attack. In this post, you've tried to attack Supercharazard - but you were too eager and too quick, and the only thing you've done is expose your filthy underbelly.
I agree that i'm indecisive and looking for target to attack - but that's not making me scum, how would i scumhunt without it, especially that i haven't got clear suspect at this point ? Waiting and watching is worse than attacking in my opinion.

Commitment is something you're expected to have when scumhunting. You scumhunt by investigating people.

You've had plenty of time to investigate people and it's well into D2 now, so if you don't have clear suspect by now you only have yourself to blame, and is a sure sign that something is wrong.

Waiting and watching is what you do, so don't pull that crap on me. You lurk and faff about with your votes, struggling to maintain your town persona. You boarded the St.D bandwagon with seemingly little original thought, only making occasional token "investigation" on a player that was already doomed, so that your strategy wouldn't be glaringly obvious. No matter if you board it a little early; in fact, it would have made a good defence against people accusing you of bandwagonning, and you were well aware that a new one against him would form in due time. There was no risk to it, and it would have been a better way to push for the lynch.

But I saw what you did. You're scum.

-

Suddenly, you're acting very defensive. Did Jim's piercing question unnerve you?

I can see you're repeating yourself throughout the post, and a general nervous/defensive tone; a very unusual reaction to a comment. This is further aided by the responses you have made below:
If someone says that what i do is scummy, and i'm not seeing why i try to clarify why i did that.If it's not enough to convince them after long discussion over one topic i just give up - maybe not the best way of dealing with it but if can't persuade others what i have in mind it will surely degrade into heated quarrel that's completely useless , and in this exact example it was mainly my part , i admit. :\

Mind if you rewrite the first bit? I can't seem to read it well enough to understand.

Yes, but the question is why you came on to him with such heat, especially since it was unprovoked. You haven't answered that one.

-

Why are you trying to stifle investigation and discussion? Any attempt to do so can only be considered scummy, as town benefits from any and all discussion.
The second bit is just pure WIFOM. I keep noticing that in your posts; bits of it spread everywhere. Bad arguments, bad invesitagation. As scum, you're finding yourself unable to make an good attacks, so you fall back on wine.
Well, the problem is that asking for other reasons to vote someone every time you want to accuse him isn't good way of finding evidence. I wouldn't mind it if he done it after posting his own reasons, unless the ones he posted are all he got.
How the second part is WIFOM, asking why he put that as a scumtell is something that's not derived from facts (his question) or i'm making up his post ?

Hmm, nevermind. That's what I get for posting at 1AM.

-

More defensiveness, and you're beating around the bush with that question. Why didn't you simply answer the question straight on, instead of converting it into some poorly-formulated counter-attack?
Because i find it bit strange to say that i should ignore all comments on my scuminness.
You're scum finding himself unable to give reasons for the actions he's doing. There is no reason for you to dodge that question, and doing so only goes to show that you do not have an answer.

But you never really did answer his question properly. Is it because you have something to hide?

-

More waffling and indecision. Where did all that energy go? Why are you being such a useless town?

At least mention the reasons you have for Ottofar. Oh wait, you don't have any, do you? Yes. Do i attacked him ? No. Why are you making this up ? Why else would you keep ignoring question after question regarding your reasons?
Beacause he was not the one i suspected at this point ?  Not sure where you got that idea. Also i'm still not sure if should take replaced person slips into account when attacking replacement.

Arrite.

But why did you simply wait? Why didn't you take the initiative and question and attack him yourself? Why were you being this passive?

Passivity only helps the scum. If your readings prove insufficient, attack them and investigate yourself, and push them to reveal more information instead of sitting there sucking your thumb.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32