Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Pawntown wins! Argembarger and Jack live happily ever after!  (Read 28119 times)

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 1 - Chess Motifs
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2011, 11:26:32 pm »

Yo dudes! I'm sorry my having been away yesterday sort of killed the nice momentum we had going here, but let's not forget this game!

I admit I spent the day busying myself with the other games, and that my heart wasn't really into this one today, but I fully intend to correct that tomorrow. Please don't let this game linger or fail due to distractions...
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2011, 11:52:49 pm »

Fair enough.

Native, what do you think of Book's assertions and my refutations?

Are his satisfactory? Are mine?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2011, 02:21:19 am »

I'm too tired to give any meaningful insight at the moment. So I'm just asserting my presence here.

Productive reply in the morning.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2011, 02:27:19 am »

Pandar: With NativeForeigner having gotten a good post in, what is your opinion of him?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2011, 02:41:35 am »

Meh, I changed my mind.

Pandar feels scummy to me too, but I'm going to take my time.  The name confusion thing isn't too overwhelmingly huge, though I don't see how he associates Argembarger and I with eachother.  Besides, my name has a nice history of being messed up, it seems.  However, his RVS-related behaviour...

Book acts in a very hyper way.  However, his actions have been, by in large, town-looking.

What exactly about his RVS behavior? His history of being more active during it or something else?

What about Book's actions have been town-looking? (I don't need a complete rundown, just the basics).

Pandar: Book's presented a moderately convincing case against you, but not a stellar one. It's convinced me that you're most likely scum, but it hasn't pushed me to the point where I would hammer you, or even put you in a position to be hammered yet. In other words, it's mostly satisfactory, but not terribly strong.

Your refutations, however, have ranged from satisfactory to "Wat?". You've avoided tunneling Book and kept asking others questions, which is good, but your actual scumhunting actions have been questionable. Though, homelessness is kind of a big deal, so I'll grant you that.

Do you think all of Book's reasons for suspecting you are terrible? Or just parts of them?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2011, 02:53:10 am »

Meh, I changed my mind.

Pandar feels scummy to me too, but I'm going to take my time.  The name confusion thing isn't too overwhelmingly huge, though I don't see how he associates Argembarger and I with eachother.  Besides, my name has a nice history of being messed up, it seems.  However, his RVS-related behaviour...

Book acts in a very hyper way.  However, his actions have been, by in large, town-looking.

What exactly about his RVS behavior? His history of being more active during it or something else?

What about Book's actions have been town-looking? (I don't need a complete rundown, just the basics).

RVS behaviour: Mostly his history of more activity during it.  However, I don't like his choice to use his dislike of RVS as an excuse to not even bother writing a semi-useful question at the start of the game.

Book's actions: He's been questioning people, he's been showing interest in their answers to other questions, and he's been active.  He's been scumhunting.  I like it when people scumhunt.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2011, 03:01:08 am »

RVS behaviour: Mostly his history of more activity during it.  However, I don't like his choice to use his dislike of RVS as an excuse to not even bother writing a semi-useful question at the start of the game.

Book's actions: He's been questioning people, he's been showing interest in their answers to other questions, and he's been active.  He's been scumhunting.  I like it when people scumhunt.

Noted, thank you.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2011, 01:50:58 pm »

Argem:What is your read on Jack? I think he's the only one you haven't expressed an opinion on.

So far, Jack has seemed fairly calm, logical and analytical. His voting patterns seem alright.

I wouldn't vote him now based on current information.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2011, 03:38:49 pm »

Argem:What is your read on Jack? I think he's the only one you haven't expressed an opinion on.

So far, Jack has seemed fairly calm, logical and analytical. His voting patterns seem alright.

I wouldn't vote him now based on current information.

Noted. What about Book and Pandar?  What are your feelings on their current conflict?

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2011, 07:29:08 pm »

Again, apologies for not focusing on this game sooner. Catching up...

Pending questions for me
Book and Pandar, awfully quick to go at each other's throats. Do you think it's wise to be this hasty in Vengeful?
I calls'em as I sees'em. I went after what I saw as scummy. He replied with an immediate and obvious OMGUS. It's not unwise to start pressuring people and pulling at scummy threads as soon as you see them. But the game is young; everyone's votes can easily change still. The only thing that would be unwise (regardless of alignment) is to fall for the temptation of a quick hammer on someone.

Book: Your read on Pandar is pretty well established. What is your read on everyone else?
Will be answered through the remainder of this post.

Reads on people
On Pandar: I maintain his initial disinterest in scumhunting and bullshit answers about RVS are not just distracted, but actually scummy. I stand by my evidence that it's not the case he is detached from RVS in general, and even when his participation is light, he knows who's asking what. His not doing so this time, and wasting time with flavour or font colours, is indicative to me of his not caring about finding scum, because he knows who they are, but merely appearing to care. Some other things have been noteworthy:

Book, if you were Godfather, who would you want as your Mafioso? If you were the Mafioso, who would you want as your Godfather?
Falling back into the most unimaginative RVS question ever immediately after decrying his lack of interest in RVS is obvious backpedaling to not be seen as scummy.

Hey Book, who other than me would you want for those?
Clear OMGUS, obviously born from exasperation at my suspecting/pressuring him, rather than he honestly thinking I'm scummy for answering "Pandar" when asked who I'd like as scumbuddy.

why is my hatred of RVS a terrible excuse, considering that the discussion of that very hatred allowed us to stop wasting time in RVS?
Disingenuous reply. His acting scummily does move the conversation past RVS... so it's not actually scummy because it's "for the good of the game"? Bullshit. It's still scummy. The fact that his scummy behaviour was prompted by RVS proves that RVS is not, indeed, a waste of time, but a way to find the first threads of actual evidence from which games can progress. He knows this, and knows that we know he knows. He's just backpedaling and trying to justify his scummy play using bullshit.

Pandarsenic is the scummiest, and my vote remains on him.

On Arg: He started neutral enough, but betrayed scummy anxiety by his insistence on "what happens now?" after a couple of my questions had been answered. As I mentioned here, his interest seemed to show preoccupation as to whether he looked as scummy as he feared, or whether he had been successful in fooling us. Also:
Book, [...] That said, your answers have been generally satisfying.
Immediately after I pointed out the above. Reads to me as "oh crap! OK, stop engaging. I'll pester Pandar instead. Book, stop looking at me!"

Book and Pandar, awfully quick to go at each other's throats. Do you think it's wise to be this hasty in Vengeful?
Suspiciously trying to question the wisdom of me targeting the scummiest player so far. Like he had an ulterior motive to distract me away from pressuring what he sees as a vulnerable position for his buddy.

Otherwise lurky, but I'm not one to cast stones at that this game. In any case, Argembarger is the second scummiest. I don't think it's too productive to spend much effort on who's the GF and who's the Maf, just lynching a scum will be triumph enough; but from the limited evidence, Arg seems more worried about Pandar's fate than the inverse.

On Native: Has been careful and generally lurky (but see above). Other than that:
His use of certainty to decide strategy seems somewhat suspicious. He clarified fast, which could be good, or he backpedaled fast, which could be scummy. Not sure on that yet. Then he asked Pandar to explain his case, to which Pandar replied in the laziest way possible:
I have faith in your literacy. Read my freaking posts.
Fair enough. >,>
Native just took it. Didn't press, didn't point out that Pandar's other posts didn't actually explain anything, he just took it at face value and moved on. If he was town, he would have pressed harder. He did press the point somewhat the next day, but I find his passivity in this post suspicious.

I'm leaning neutral-to-scum on Native.

On Jack: I find him careful in his posts and hard to read. I call him neutral for now for lack of a better read, but I found this bit interesting: I asked him to come up with a couple of good questions. He didn't quite; he fell back on "what are your reads on people" and "why am I asking this". He could have done better, and his not doing so may be inexperience, lack of interest in finding scum, or not wanting to risk be seen as scummy. As I said, neutral read, but I find his lack of interest or commitment to a target suspicious.

Questions
Pandar: So, RVS is over, you say. How about you grace us with a restatement of your case on me (if you still think I'm scum), and on your second pick? Also, how certain would you have to be of your suspicions before you put someone at L-1? Before you hammer them?

Jack: Please contribute more (yeah, I know I haven't, sorry). Tell us a bit about why you haven't voted anyone yet (other than RVS), your read on Arg and Native, and your thoughts on this game format.

Arg: Please tell us more of your reads on people, clarify if you think either Pandar or I are being unwise in our play so far, and answer the last two questions I asked Pandar above.

Native: Please clarify if Pandar and I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, and tell us if you think if other players are playing in a way consistent with what you know of them from other games. Please point out the single most suspicious act you've seen from your top two picks.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:25 pm »

Book: Your reasons are and were terrible but you insist otherwise; you give the contradictory answers of thinking I'm obvscum and wanting me as your Mafioso or even your GODFATHER if I were on your scumteam; you call my vote on you an OMGUS when it's clearly not. Blah blah blah you're scum.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2011, 08:26:51 pm »

And my second suspicion is also you. Or maybe Jack A T for what's either buddying of you or praising his scumbuddy

("Book's actions: He's been questioning people, he's been showing interest in their answers to other questions, and he's been active.  He's been scumhunting.  I like it when people scumhunt.")
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2011, 08:34:39 pm »

Jack: Please contribute more (yeah, I know I haven't, sorry). Tell us a bit about why you haven't voted anyone yet (other than RVS), your read on Arg and Native, and your thoughts on this game format.

Lack of votes:  I'm a rather cautious voter in most games.  In a game like this, with a whole day 1 lylo situation, I'm even more cautious.  Also, I'm waiting on Pandar's answer to my question, and I feel like I need to see more of NativeForeigner.

Reads:
*Argembarger: He's active, and scumhunting.  Which is good.  He feels a bit impatient, though, at times.
*NativeForeigner: Really not sure what to think of him yet.  Hasn't done enough to give me a good read.  Overall, his actions when he's been active recently have looked okay to me, but he's not active often enough. 

Thoughts on game format: As I see it, this is a high-caution format.  Day 1 lylo does that.  This format also highly discourages lurking, due to it being extremely noticeable.  Don't really have much to say other than that yet.

Pandar: Mind answering the questions from Native and I?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2011, 08:36:13 pm »

Sorry, missed those. And part of Book's shit. Answering now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2011, 08:42:37 pm »

Pandar: With NativeForeigner having gotten a good post in, what is your opinion of him?

Not terribly helpful but not horrendously scummy. But then, he's not doing a LOT.

Do you think all of Book's reasons for suspecting you are terrible? Or just parts of them?

He has many parts, all or nearly all of which are awful or outright false.

Also, how certain would you have to be of your suspicions before you put someone at L-1? Before you hammer them?

A Quickhammer is just ASKING for the Vengekill; I have no compunctions about putting someone at L-1 unless I thought someone idiotic enough to quickhammer was in here.

Hammering would require almost complete certainty due to the inevitability of a Vengekill on me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13