Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112487 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Stop the music! [Day 2]
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2011, 11:35:57 am »

blah blah
This is a sweet chainsaw defense.
Maybe i'm blind but who is he defending ?

Jokerman

Book: Your reasons for chainsaw?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2011, 12:02:01 pm »

Toaster, I need a replacement. RL shit just hit the fan.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2011, 12:12:21 pm »

blah blah
This is a sweet chainsaw defense.
Maybe i'm blind but who is he defending ?
Jokerman
Book: Your reasons for chainsaw?

There is no chainsaw, and I'm not answering your questions or moving my vote until you answer mine.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2011, 12:17:48 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Tyberix
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Zrk2, Jokerman-EXE, Book
Book:  JanusTwoface
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Supercharazad, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Darvi, Ottofar, Org

Not Voting: IronyOwl

Day 2 ends 11 PM EST, Wednesday 3/9.

Supercharazad has requested a replacement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Stop the music! [Day 2] [Replacement Requested]
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2011, 01:45:37 pm »

This again? Dude, a) it was the weekend, and b) I've posted as much as you have D2. Darvi and you have been pointlessly riding my ass about lurking all game. In any case, do with your vote what you want.
You have posted as much as me Day 2, that's quite true. But you've been far more active elsewhere on the forum, leading me to believe that you are only specifically lurking in this game.

I will or will not play as often as I choose. Some days I'm busier than others, or I'm more or less in the mood to humour a particular game. I'll post if I feel like it and if I think I have something useful to say.
This sounds a lot like the exact same thing you generally give other people crap for when they do it. Saying you're going to lurk ahead of time doesn't by any means absolve you of it.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2011, 02:06:11 pm »

For one, OMGUS is an overused 'scumtell.' Doesn't necessarily mean anything. For two, it's entirely possible that an OMGUS can be justified. For example when you get a one line attack. Particularly of that sort.
I guess the entire discussion is entirely semantics, since I don't consider it an OMGUS either if you have a reason for it.

Anyways.

Zrk: I don't really want to repeat anything again, but he's my main scumpick. Mainly for the lying. I mean, town doesn't have to lie, right?

Book
: He's contributing, so I'm gonna buy his excuse, for now. I don't know if he posted in other threads at that time, as I really don't want  to check all  the other threads for meta information. I'll keep my eye on you though, as day 1 lurking is worse than lurking later imo.

Super
: Why? I mean, why did you have to reveal your inspect results? This can mean only 3 things: You're scum lying to protect your scumbuddy (unlikely imo), you're scum trying to buddy town (more likely), or you're town trying to confirm another town. Which wouldn't work because it leads to WIFOM (read: this entire paragraph), or Tyberix will most likely get killed. Or you're town and you're lying about Tyberix' alignment. Which is nigh impossible, since town wouldn't want to cover scum. And, chainsaw? Where? Also, he's being really vague. Really, most of his scumtells might just as well be noobtells, however I don't want to risk to make that kind of mistake anymore.

Akhier & Irony
: That debate on day 1 went on for far too long and for stupid reasons. I don't really think either of them is scum, really, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Org
: He was kinda jumpy against Ottofar. But that's kinda understandable, as even I thought that Ottofar was advocating a policy lynch. However his voting Zrk for claiming an OMGUS by super was kinda, uhm, bandwagonny.

Tyberix
: He seems towny, but he was also trying way too hard tunneling me. Really, most questions could've been answered by reading my previous posts <_<

Ottofar
: Lurkish. I'll wait for his post first. If  it comes that is.

Joker
: Painiac wasn't too suspect on day 1, but Joker's first post was basically a bandwagon with an attached "why not?"

JTF
: Well damn. Upon rereading his posts I think that most of his stuff lately is consistent with what I have here. I think he's town.

Jokerman:Care to elaborate on your vote?
Akhier: What do you make of Super's "inspect"?
Super: What kind of excrements?
Org: Why were you so quick to chainsaw Zrk? Any other reasons?

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2011, 02:11:37 pm »

You have posted as much as me Day 2, that's quite true.
So quit yer bitching or vote yourself for the same reasons you're voting me. Or aren't you being "far quieter than you normally are" too?

But you've been far more active elsewhere on the forum, leading me to believe that you are only specifically lurking in this game. [...] Saying you're going to lurk ahead of time doesn't by any means absolve you of it.
Balderdash. Look at my post history, and you'll see I've posted little (and announced I would be busy) elsewhere as well. Either prove your statement, or you're intentionally lying to substantiate a baseless accusation. Sure, I posted four times on a game where no roles had been distributed (hence requiring no analysis), other than that, just like here. In any case, as I said, I will spend my limited leisure time as I see fit, not to comply with your schedule, so bugger off.

For the record, I'm still busier than usual, but shouldn't be as bad as last week. I'm currently catching up on LurkerTrackers and stuff, and should have fresh insights to post when I feel like it. (not so much here: my picks are announced and remain, and my vote stays on Super until he either answers my pending questions or is replaced, or something more interesting happens).

Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »

Akhier: What do you make of Super's "inspect"?
   I figure it is legit because if he was scum trying to trick us with claiming something like inspect with an item even Super would at the least look up the item properly. I think Super is town, found the wand, saw only the fact it could inspect and tried to zap it at a specific person and the wand did what it does:
Code: (Wand of Cantrips) [Select]
You perform a random action on a random target.  Possible actions: inspect, randomize, track, protect, block, grant common item   In the least if he was scum he would have others to tell him what it actually does.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2011, 02:50:14 pm »

Not necessarily. I've seen clueless scum before (KM4: where scumchat was basically all evil laughing, until I decided to lynch Jack. Then it was all "Oh fuck").

I could think of quite some WIFOMy scenarios where Super is scum and still do that. But yeah, Tyberix' towniness seems genuine. Which is why it's so stupid of super to announce it.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2011, 02:58:06 pm »

Book[/b]: He's contributing, so I'm gonna buy his excuse, for now. I don't know if he posted in other threads at that time, as I really don't want  to check all  the other threads for meta information. I'll keep my eye on you though, as day 1 lurking is worse than lurking later imo. Why? (I ask about the lurking part)
[/left]
Tyberix[/b]: He seems towny, but he was also trying way too hard tunneling me. Really, most questions could've been answered by reading my previous posts <_< That's the point i wanted something more on this topic from you. Well i'm not tunelling you, you just happen to caught my attention enough to ask you bit more.

Akhier Well there's always an option of scum trying to use info to build trust trough lynching me by faking misinformation.

FakeEdit
Not necessarily. I've seen clueless scum before (KM4: where scumchat was basically all evil laughing, until I decided to lynch Jack. Then it was all "Oh fuck").

I could think of quite some WIFOMy scenarios where Super is scum and still do that. But yeah, Tyberix' towniness seems genuine. Which is why it's so stupid of super to announce it.
Well you seem to take that into account pretty easily, maybe because you know i'm town? Or there is another reason ?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2011, 03:40:36 pm »

When you lurk during day one, people will have started all kinds of arguments against each other for all kinds of crap. Except for the lurker, who hasn't posted anything worth arguing about. The later days then will build up on the stuff said during day 1, and the lurker only has to say "okay, I'm here now, I'm not lurking anymore". Which is precisely what's happening now.

Also, scum protecting scum with townclaims is too risky. You lynch one, you get another free lynch a day later (if you find out that the investigatee is scum, then the investigator is done for. If the investigator flips scum, then there's a  good chance for the investigatee to be lynched, and scum would rather have it be a townie than one of their own).
And if super is town then you being town is of course guaranteed.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2011, 04:01:01 pm »

Zrk2 Your thoughts on Darvi and JanusTwoFace ? Do you feel lynching SaintDraze brought you much information ?

Darvi is driving on Book, yet Book straight up said he has been busy IRL, so Darvi could probably move on to something more productive while remembering that Book has been quiet.

Janus, I haven't got much to say about him, he seems fairly useful, but overall I'm not sure about him, leaning townie.

All lynching Saint told us was that he is still a poor player, I have beleived him scum twice when he was just playing really poorly as town.

Ottofar: lurky and laconical. Has seemed Orgier than Org lately, and was quick to jump on the bandwagon. Ottofar: Please give your reads on Janus, Jokerman & Darvi.

Soonish. I'd like to point out that I was voting Zrk yesterday.

...And? So?

Zrk: I don't really want to repeat anything again, but he's my main scumpick. Mainly for the lying. I mean, town doesn't have to lie, right?
When did I lie? Quotes or it didn't happen.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2011, 04:05:31 pm »

Ask, and ye shall receive.
Then provide reasons why I'm scummy, Zrk2.

1. I did when I first voted for you.
You said I seemed scummy. That's not a reason.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2011, 04:50:16 pm »

It is for a Day 1 RVS.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2011, 04:54:05 pm »

That was almost a week after day 1 started. Hardly RVS anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53