Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112457 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2011, 07:58:10 pm »

Apologies for lack of participation. Hopefully I'll be better after this busy week ends.

Unvote. General comments first, scumpicks at the bottom.

IronyOwl:
   Ok IronyOwl, what blame Do you think is due to
Supercharazad then?
You were the one who said I was assigning blame to him. When asked, you said that mentioning him with uselessness implied that he was useless. When pressed on that, you changed your story and said it was my "blame where blame was due" quote that implied I was accusing him. The problem? Blame where blame is due not only came after quick to blame, it relies on it- by your own admission, the fact that I asked him about it isn't relevant (which is of course a retcon), which leaves only circular reasoning or lies. Which is it?
This is the comment that triggered your vote on Akhier, and his on yours. While the reasoning is sound, lots of things have happened since; these votes have remained and the question didn't lead anywhere. Do you still think Akhier is scum? Why? Akhier: do you still think IronyOwl is scum? Why?
Both of you: please list your other scumpicks and reasons; if you had a choice to inspect or kill the other tonight, which would you do?

Superchazarad:
so long as I can avoid them killing me.
Ooh, interesting.
Janus: If you are town, then survival shouldn't matter, only the death of mafia, but mafia are MUCH more afraid of death as it hurts their chances of winning.
Why do you care so much about survival?
This is so dumb it's scummy of you to vote him for it. Your quote is out of context, he was answering the question of how would he play as serial killer, who would obviously care about his survival. This game has no serial killers. When people press him on this, does he unvote? No, he gives up. "Replace me!" Bullshit. And then roleclaims. *sigh* If he hadn't done that several times before, I'd read it as an attempt to give his scum replacement a better clean slate after his shitting on the carpet betrayed his alignment.

SaintDraze:
Book: Describe how the current events of everyone's posting in eloquent detail... A recap if you will...
This is lazy and scummy, but I'm obliging by preparing this post.

Janus:
Shouldn't he be mod killed? :3
IMO, he hasn't technically broken any rules although he is pushing it. It makes me suspicious that you want him modkilled though. If you were scum, you would know his alignment and would either gain a free townkill or a bus-by-mod for your troubles.
He (and the other one; are we sure they aren't sock-puppets?) are coming awfully close to breaking the cardinal rule: Play To Win! I'm not at the point of advocating a modkill, but damn it, their moms should give them a darn good spankin' to learn them some respect for the game, sure.
Janus: what is your read of Person, Darvi and Paniac?

Org:
ITT, noobs claiming D1 for no reason. We might as well MC. It might actually help slightly.
Yeah no. MC, on day 1 man? Yeah, thats all fine and dandy until the idiot scum with the Genocide scroll comes in. Yeah.
Heheh, that'd actually be fun to watch. But no, no D1 massclaim. Stop with that, y'all, it's idiotic.
Org: if you were scum, who would you drop tonight and why?

My main suspicions are:
Zrk2: General combativeness without scumhunting behind it. Wants to appear to hunt by berating people and misusing terminology, which is a classic noobscum tell. Examples: this is not buddying; here he posts a RV without a question. here mistakenly thinks the "R" in RVS stands for reasonless instead of random, and quotes on "policy lynching Org" entirely out of context (Ottofar was picking him as preferred scumbuddy, not advocating his lynch), clearly not reading what he's responding to. Here he advocates certainty; there's only one group of people who can be certain of anything: the scum. Here he votes someone for failing to scumhunt, while he has done no hunting of his own.

SaintDraze: He has done plenty scummy things, and if he hangs it will be deserved, but reads to me more panicky-noob than certain scum. Though his claiming and statement of "all we have aare tanks and a Bard" is very damning, and noobscums tend to be panicky... still, my top pick is above.

For the rest, I am very uneasy with Person's and Paniac's posts, they read scummy to me, but I don't have time to dissect them at the moment. I do think one of Irony or Akhier is being scummily disingenuous, but I'm not sure which, and I don't like Ottofar and Org, they both smell like scum to me, but I'm not good at reading either.

I wish I had time for more details or specific questions, but need to run again; hopefully this is at least enough to stir some discussion. I'll post a LurkerTracker shortly, though.
Who would I drop? I guess you mean terminate. Huh. Well, if I were scum, I dont even know if I would kill, it depends on equipment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

IronyOwl:
   Ok IronyOwl, what blame Do you think is due to
Supercharazad then?
You were the one who said I was assigning blame to him. When asked, you said that mentioning him with uselessness implied that he was useless. When pressed on that, you changed your story and said it was my "blame where blame was due" quote that implied I was accusing him. The problem? Blame where blame is due not only came after quick to blame, it relies on it- by your own admission, the fact that I asked him about it isn't relevant (which is of course a retcon), which leaves only circular reasoning or lies. Which is it?
This is the comment that triggered your vote on Akhier, and his on yours. While the reasoning is sound, lots of things have happened since; these votes have remained and the question didn't lead anywhere. Do you still think Akhier is scum? Why?
I'm not sure. I've lost my momentum for some reason; that might be my gut telling me he's not scum. He's still refusing to address the initial question issue, has given multiple versions of his reasoning for it, and hasn't really been scumhunting otherwise, however.

Both of you: please list your other scumpicks and reasons; if you had a choice to inspect or kill the other tonight, which would you do?
Gut says Zrk2, but I'm not sure why. Been meaning to go back and reread, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Saint Draze. Most of his antics seemed like noobtells, but his "there's no harm in waiting a night because I have no questions, suspicions, or comments" bit was absolutely unacceptable, and he's been ignoring my questions in favor of "okay guys I really want you to inspect Janus tonight" over and over.

I'd rather inspect Akhier. The more I think about it, the scummier he looks, but the more I think about killing him, the more my gut says no.

Saint Draze:
It's not like there hasn't been anything happening. What, among everything that's happened so far, has stood out most in your mind, and what do you think of it?

Give me some examples of what you think could happen in the night that would give us something to talk about. How likely do you think that is?
You haven't answered these; please do so. "I think we should inspect Janus and Zrk2" is not what I meant about the night actions, unless you think that's a likely outcome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile

The only thing that has happened that sticks out clearly in my head is zrk2 flaky reasons...

Well it should be what happens to night. But It might just lead to a lot of WIFoM...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Org for quoting a hugeass post with a one sentence reponse. Don't bother trimming down the quote or anything, that would be too convenient.

@Janus: The way you're treating everyone suspecting Zrk is extremely scummy. You defend Zrk with absolutely no reasoning whatsoever. You don't try to explain why the attacks against him are bullshit, you don't mention what makes you think he's town, and you certainly provide no reasoning why you're so passive about the whole deal. But this kind of defense? A passive chainsaw defense? Nah, you're obviously scum. Now the only question is if Zrk is scum with you or do you just like buddying?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Thanks Org for quoting a hugeass post with a one sentence reponse. Don't bother trimming down the quote or anything, that would be too convenient.

@Janus: The way you're treating everyone suspecting Zrk is extremely scummy. You defend Zrk with absolutely no reasoning whatsoever. You don't try to explain why the attacks against him are bullshit, you don't mention what makes you think he's town, and you certainly provide no reasoning why you're so passive about the whole deal. But this kind of defense? A passive chainsaw defense? Nah, you're obviously scum. Now the only question is if Zrk is scum with you or do you just like buddying?
I'm tired I didn't feel like it.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com

Say what? I never said that I think Zrk2 is town. Heck, I actually agree with many of the points brought against him. I just thought (and pointed out) that the series of 5 post from 4 different people was a little surprising. Particularly when the latter four of those were within an hour's time.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Meh, Just went back and read a number of recent posts. The more I read what Zrk2 said the more he seems scum. When I got to this post:
Wait, fuck, Super, Saint, dammmit.

Unvote, vote Saint Draze.
Why.
Buddying, but:

He has been threatening to quit, whining and generally not proving very useful.
I was feeling my scum list rearranging so I went back and checked the vote before where he says he voted wrong:
Unvote.

As I said, Darvi sounds very scummy, but, Super has been amazingly scummy lately.
then what followed between that and his vote change:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I cant help but think that your vote change was because of the sudden question storm. Zrk2, I think you just changed to dodge all of the questions.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say what? I never said that I think Zrk2 is town. Heck, I actually agree with many of the points brought against him. I just thought (and pointed out) that the series of 5 post from 4 different people was a little surprising. Particularly when the latter four of those were within an hour's time.

So why are you defending a player you think is scum?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com

I'm not defending him. I'm pointing out that the attacks happened rather quickly. That makes me think that at least one scum sensed an opportunity and jumped on it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2011, 09:21:51 pm »

Jokerman-EXE has replaced Painiac.

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Mr.Person:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: IronyOwl
Ottofar: Org
SaintDraze: Tyberix, Darvi, Jokerman-EXE, JanusTwoface, Supercharazad, Zrk2
JanusTwoface: Mr.Person
Supercharazad:
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Ottofar, SaintDraze, Book, Akhier the Dragon hearted

Not Voting:

Day 1 ends 11 PM EST, Thursday 3/3, ~1 hour 40 minutes from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Okay a scum or two jumped on the bandwagon. That does not detract that a number of non-scum also went for him. Also most of the quotes you pointed out where for legitimate reasons. Darvie was asking why Zrk2 voted for him, Supercharazad is listed twice and the first is restating a question for why Zrk2 just suddenly voted for him, Ottofar is asking for Supers question to be answered, and finally Tyberix who I think says it best himself:
What the hell zrk2! You change vote drop one line and leave us hanging ? I think you cold have waited if you haven't got the time to post something more... I would even let the super/saint vote mistake ( if i get your post right..) but the 3 word reasoning is bit too much. Answers! And please make effort to post at least one serious sentence each post, it would really help. :|
   These are all reasonable and barring Ottofar who really should have said more, all are questions that should be asked by people when someone does the corresponding thing, that is, Changing your vote and giving little to no reason.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2011, 09:42:32 pm »

*starts to panic slightly*
Welp there is a chance that I might not be lynched....

albetitedly  incredibly minuscule chance.
But a chance non the less...

hey joker, since painiac got replaced are you thinking of voting anyone else before the day ends And I get lynched?

But then again that will result in a no lynch if you vote for zrk2.

Well if it helps town then I don't mind being lynched d1...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2011, 09:43:51 pm »

Can you link/quote any posts where you've made a compelling case for voting anyone else?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2011, 09:51:50 pm »

Since there was a replacement very close to deadline, I'm going to mod-extend the game 24 hours to give Jokerman a chance to post D1.  You may still vote to extend or shorten as normal.

Day 1 ends 11 PM EST, Friday 3/4.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2011, 10:18:54 pm »

Hooooooooooooly shit, I'm supposed to read 20 pages, huh? Well, this should be fun.

See you guys on the other side.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53